Partick Thistle Vs Kilmarnock: Saturday 15 August 3:00pm

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie's central midfield is rank rotten, it's the strongest part of our team. The danger is Killie just lump the ball over that central midfield and Magennis bosses our centre backs. I'm cautiously optimistic that Lindsay has the frame to stand up to him but it will be his biggest test to date.

Killie's central midfield is rank rotten, it's the strongest part of our team. The danger is Killie just lump the ball over that central midfield and Magennis bosses our centre backs. I'm cautiously optimistic that Lindsay has the frame to stand up to him but it will be his biggest test to date.

Hamill bossed the midfield in the 1-4 game and will likely play alongside O'Hara and/or Splaine. Hopefully see Splaine start as he's the only one of our central midfielders who is capable of driving forward with the ball.

MacDonald

Westlake Connolly Findlay Smith

O'Hara Hamill Splaine

McKenzie Kiltie

Boyd

I'd be very happy with that team and would fancy the front three (+Splaine pushing on) to cause problems.

Hamill bossed the midfield in the 1-4 game and will likely play alongside O'Hara and/or Splaine. Hopefully see Splaine start as he's the only one of our central midfielders who is capable of driving forward with the ball.

MacDonald

O'Hara Hamill Splaine

McKenzie Kiltie

Boyd

I'd be very happy with that team and would fancy the front three (+Splaine pushing on) to cause problems.

No Higgy?

MacDonald

O'Hara Hamill Splaine

McKenzie Kiltie

Boyd

I'd be happy with that. Kiltie and McKenzie floating about in behind Boyd could cause a lot of problems for Thistle.

Who plays on the left for Thistle? Right back is probably our weakest position in that team.

Callum Booth?

I think Westlake should be able to cope with him better than he did with Shinnie and Forrest.

Westlake can put in a decent cross but I'm not convinced with his defensive abilities.

We have been very frustrating against Killie at Firhill since promotion. I think the last minute, rebounded penalty equaliser from Boyd being the particular stand out.

Tough one to call this, our defence has been on the whole solid but we've been a bit toothless going forward (although from ICT we created a few good chances).

Anyway I predict 1-1 a Doolan opener cancelled out by a late Higgy free kick.

Boring crowd stat:

Killie and Thistle have both surpassed their highest home league attendances for last season already. Both in our respective home games with Celtic.

2014/15

Killie 5329

Thistle 5776

2015/16

Killie 6090

Thistle 7088

Here's hoping for a decent turnout from both supports!

#Armageddon

Boring crowd stat:

Killie and Thistle have both surpassed their highest home league attendances for last season already. Both in our respective home games with Celtic.

2014/15

Killie 5329

Thistle 5776

2015/16

Killie 6090

Thistle 7088

Here's hoping for a decent turnout from both supports!

#Armageddon

Your enthusiasm is laudable, however the above stat just reads - Celtic have taken a bigger support to Firhill and Rugby Park this season.

Thistle v Kilmarnock used to be a very well attended fixture, particularly because of the large travelling supports of both clubs. It's sad to see how it's tailed off.

Your enthusiasm is laudable, however the above stat just reads - Celtic have taken a bigger support to Firhill and Rugby Park this season.

Thistle v Kilmarnock used to be a very well attended fixture, particularly because of the large travelling supports of both clubs. It's sad to see how it's tailed off.

It would be nice to get 4,000 for this one :(

We used to get 8-10,000 in the early 90s when we were rivals for promotion.

As you say, our increase will be down to the stadium arrangements. At least it might mean a few quid towards another signing.

Archived