Will Hearts lose a game this season? Premiership edition

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, comparing the powerhouse that is Heart of Midlothian to Hamilton Accies isn't going to end well for you.

There's something very Accies about this Hearts team tbh. I can see you following the same schematics that Hamilton did last season. Which is not to be sniffed at your first season back up in the top league.

Aside from the obvious boasting/trolling of the OP, I actually fancied Hearts to continue the good form they displayed last season, newly promoted clubs often have a 'bounce' going into the new campaign, added to the fact most of the top flight is a bit rubbish I reckoned they would be at least top six, possibly top three, only ourselves and Aberdeen you could say are stronger squads, even at that I wouldnt be surprised at the jambos managing a few points of us both this term.

Having kept the nucleus of the young players who served them well last season and added a few players in key positions id certainly fancy them to finish above the Dundee clubs, Inverness, St J and Motherwell, I particularly like the laddie Sam Nicholson, in fact were he a Dundee Utd player we may well have signed him by now !!!!!!!

We're miles behind Celtic and Aberdeen tbh.

3rd is 100% achievable for us, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd or Dundee. Add to the fact we've already beaten 2 of our rivals for the place and I'd say we've got a pretty strong chance of finishing there. Granted it's a long season and injuries take its toll etc, but with a mostly fully fit squad there's no reason why we can't finish top 3.

He played a fucking stormer last night, helping set up another goal. So, that's two in two and yup, he will be.

You're clearly not bothered, though. Obviously it's Hearts supporters who are.

:D

Graeme Shinnies been having stormers for years mate, not 1 match!!!

I'm not sure where 2 in 2 is coming from? He didn't get an assist at Dens and he certainly didn't have a stormer! He faked a knock to get subbied FFS.

Carry on though - if only there was a way to quantify the best LB in the league - I'd be having you for a charity bet it won't be yer man.

3rd is 100% achievable for us, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd or Dundee. Add to the fact we've already beaten 2 of our rivals for the place and I'd say we've got a pretty strong chance of finishing there. Granted it's a long season and injuries take its toll etc, but with a mostly fully fit squad there's no reason why we can't finish top 3.

I wouldn't say anyone is miles behind us tbh. I do think we have the strongest squad outside the victims but not by the margin being touted.

Plus I have to admit our record at Tynecastle in recent years is shameful. Hoping this current squad can shake that hoodoo off

:D

Graeme Shinnies been having stormers for years mate, not 1 match!!!

I'm not sure where 2 in 2 is coming from? He didn't get an assist at Dens and he certainly didn't have a stormer! He faked a knock to get subbied FFS.

Carry on though - if only there was a way to quantify the best LB in the league - I'd be having you for a charity bet it won't be yer man.

Is who has the best left back going to be Hearts and Aberdeens next clash. Certainly refreshing from attendance debate

I wouldn't say anyone is miles behind us tbh. I do think we have the strongest squad outside the victims but not by the margin being touted.

Plus I have to admit our record at Tynecastle in recent years is shameful. Hoping this current squad can shake that hoodoo off

If we put together a run we could challenge you, but in all honesty id be quite surprised if we finished within 10 points of you. But we'll see what happens.

What are you basing this on? The past? Oh, Elixir. You can't live in the past.

Erm, the fact that most of the league is rather rubbish and we've won three on the bounce. That's with one or two big players missing and some who hardly had a pre-season.

We welcome the chase.

No danger are we "miles behind" Aberdeen ffs. :lol:

They're a good side at this level, but so are we.

If everything goes right for us and Aberdeen run into trouble then we can take them. If things go badly at Tynecastle it looks like we've got enough to achieve Top 6 respectability though that could be tight, in other words we're back to what was once considered normality at Hearts.

Given the rollercoaster journey we've been on in recent years the precise position at the end of this season doesn't seem too important.

Having seen title challenges, relegations, Champions League games, Challenge cup ties, Tynecastle being sold and then not, Administration, Salvation twice and the prospect of fan ownership. Losing 7-0, Winning 10-0, losing to St Mirren at Hampden and the most awesome cup win imaginable the difference between 2nd and 5th doesn't seem worth stressing about.

Rules on Hearts Fans posting;

1. Remind everyone that you won the diddy league last season, therefore you are un-beatable.

2. Tell everyone that you must be the best because you have sold more season tickets than them.

3. Insert Greg Wallace's face.

4. Hate Dundee and compare them to Hibs.

5. Try and wind up the Aberdeen Fans to try and get some kind of "better than you at challenging Celtic" rivalry.

6. Insert some gadgie with massive side burns and bulging eyes.

7. Suck off an Arab as they too hate Dundee.

8. Insert Greg Wallace's face again.

9. Bottle it when folk offer you a bet on your claims.

10. Repeat the same patter constantly.

11. Don't mention 1986.

12. If someone mentions anything negative about Hearts tell them their "Heads gone" or that they are "Rattled".

If all else fails repeat points 3 & 6.

Congratulations you are now an official Hearts roaster! Let your dealer know for 10% off your next wrap!

Rules on Hearts Fans posting;

1. Remind everyone that you won the diddy league last season, therefore you are un-beatable.

2. Tell everyone that you must be the best because you have sold more season tickets than them.

3. Insert Greg Wallace's face.

4. Hate Dundee and compare them to Hibs.

5. Try and wind up the Aberdeen Fans to try and get some kind of "better than you at challenging Celtic" rivalry.

6. Insert some gadgie with massive side burns and bulging eyes.

7. Suck off an Arab as they too hate Dundee.

8. Insert Greg Wallace's face again.

9. Bottle it when folk offer you a bet on your claims.

10. Repeat the same patter constantly.

11. Don't mention 1986.

12. If someone mentions anything negative about Hearts tell them their "Heads gone" or that they are "Rattled".

If all else fails repeat points 3 & 6.

Congratulations you are now an official Hearts roaster! Let your dealer know for 10% off your next wrap!

That's f*cking dire mate.

Archived