Massive explosion in China

Jambo Stu

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC website keeps repeating the phrase that the fire was 'visible from space'. How lazy is that? Where in space? Do they have a correspondent on another planet? Do they have some sort of zoom function on their camera?

BBC website keeps repeating the phrase that the fire was 'visible from space'. How lazy is that? Where in space? Do they have a correspondent on another planet? Do they have some sort of zoom function on their camera?

You wouldnt see it from another planet .but I believe a satellite picked it up.

Apparently it's visible from Uranus.

Was visible from the Enterprise when they fired their photon torpedo down.

I've seen photos of folk walking about Leith taken from space. I refuse to be astonished that something blowing up is visible 'from space'. Surely, in the grand scheme of things, we're all floating in space, only we happen to be pinned down by gravity.

I've seen photos of folk walking about Leith taken from space. I refuse to be astonished that something blowing up is visible 'from space'. Surely, in the grand scheme of things, we're all floating in space, only we happen to be pinned down by gravity.

No you haven't. Although I agree with the general sentiment.

As seen by the Himawari-8, MTSAT-2 and COMS-1 satellites.

HIMAWARI3PAN_NOMAP_12AUGUST2015_1500_190

Archived