Dundee FC vs St Johnstone

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin holt. Big, pretty quick, good in the air and likes a tackle.

Also loves a charge upfield which could leave us exposed somewhat :unsure:

Pretty quick isn't going to cover it for you guys. I like Holt he's a similar player to Brian Easton. Thing is once O'Halloran goes it's incredibly officially to stop him, no matter who plays left back. I'm genuinely not sure there's a player as quick in the league in a straight line. What does let him down is his incredible ability to whack the ball off his shins occasionally.

Should be a good battle. He had Foster on toast last night and he's probably best known for being quick. Even the rugby playing centre half couldn't body check him. Never seen a saints player like him tbh. Shame he's thick as mince at times.

Yeah, Foster is the quickest full back in the league, and was absolutely destroyed by O'Halloran. He tried forcing him back, and just ended up giving him more room to run into. He tried sitting deep and just let O'Halloran get a head of steam up before bursting past him and then they tried doubling (tripling) up on him, and still couldnt stop him. Even getting touch tight doesnt work as he simply nutmegs you and gets to the ball first.

The last two games he's got to the byline, inside the box, about six or seven times, if he can master what to do once he's there we'll score an absolute barrowload, as Sutton is the perfect penalty box predator.

Only problem is he generally tires by the final 15 minutes, and seems to get instructed to start sitting back when we're under pressure so is never up the pitch for a counter. Hopefully having Chris Millar beside him would mean he could relax defensively a little.

All we lack is a similar presence on the left. A short, squat, pug faced sort of fellow who could cut inside or go up the wing, and could link play with the front men. Wonder where we'd get one of those...

Willie Dyer and an out of position Gary Irvine managed him well enough last season so forgive me for not defecating my breeks.

He did have a good run against county but the boy cummins - that doesn't miss - missed a sitter.

Last season he was ruined by playing on the left and over-thinking what to do when he was on the ball. He seems to be back to the player he was in his first (half) season. In that he just gets it and runs straight for goal, instead of going across the pitch.

Willie Dyer and an out of position Gary Irvine managed him well enough last season so forgive me for not defecating my breeks.

He did have a good run against county but the boy cummins - that doesn't miss - missed a sitter.

Did he play on the right against Dundee last season? He mostly aged on the left last year, or through the middle.

Cummins didn't miss a sitter at all last night. I'm assuming you're referring to his on target shot that was deflected on to the post by the defender that is.

Archived