Squad name face Georgia & Germany (September)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There seem to be a bunch of Scotland fans with the attention span of a goldfish. Constantly bored if there aren't brand new shiny players playing every single game, regardless of how good they are. If Rhodes, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Cairney started the next 3 games then they'd be moaning come game 4 that Ryan Jack or Tony Watt weren't getting a chance.

We are unbeaten in five competitive matches and are sitting in a decent position to qualify. How about, rather than constantly clamouring for the next flavour of the month, you just trust the manager who got us into that position to pick the best team. Picking players solely on club form would be a terrible idea - we'd be making 6 or 7 changes to the team from one double header to the next.

The stuff about our team being packed with the same players who have failed in previous campaigns is nonsense too. Here's the list of the 11 players (regardless of position) who played most often under Levein:

McGregor (22), Morrison (20), Berra (19), Miller (18), Adam (17), Caldwell (17), Naismith (15), D. Fletcher (14), Hutton (14), Bardsley (12), Whittaker (11).

Only Morrison, Naismith, Hutton and Whittaker could be considered as first choice players under Strachan. Martin, Hanley, Mulgrew and Anya all made their competitive debuts for Scotland under Strachan, and all are first choice players now.

There seem to be a bunch of Scotland fans with the attention span of a goldfish. Constantly bored if there aren't brand new shiny players playing every single game, regardless of how good they are. If Rhodes, Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Cairney started the next 3 games then they'd be moaning come game 4 that Ryan Jack or Tony Watt weren't getting a chance.

We are unbeaten in five competitive matches and are sitting in a decent position to qualify. How about, rather than constantly clamouring for the next flavour of the month, you just trust the manager who got us into that position to pick the best team. Picking players solely on club form would be a terrible idea - we'd be making 6 or 7 changes to the team from one double header to the next.

The stuff about our team being packed with the same players who have failed in previous campaigns is nonsense too. Here's the list of the 11 players (regardless of position) who played most often under Levein:

McGregor (22), Morrison (20), Berra (19), Miller (18), Adam (17), Caldwell (17), Naismith (15), D. Fletcher (14), Hutton (14), Bardsley (12), Whittaker (11).

Only Morrison, Naismith, Hutton and Whittaker could be considered as first choice players under Strachan. Martin, Hanley, Mulgrew and Anya all made their competitive debuts for Scotland under Strachan, and all are first choice players now.

Excellent post.

There's something about Scotland squad announcements that turns people into dribbling morons. It's a phenomenon.

Absolutely.

I fail to see how anyone can read this and disagree. I'm sure someone will find a way though.

Excellent post.

There's something about Scotland squad announcements that turns people into dribbling morons. It's a phenomenon.

The comments section on Facebook is always a struggle to read without wanting to commit genocide.

Probably being a bit biased here but I think Scott Bain deserves another call up to the squad. He was excellent before his call up last season and he's carried that form on this season. He'd definitely benefit from working with Craig Gordon and David Marshall.

Apart from that I can't see many changes from the last squad apart from Hanley coming in and Forsyth dropping out. I can't see Armstrong getting called up yet, perhaps next campaign or the last two fixtures of this campaign. Personally I'd like to see Matty Phillips come in over James Forrest as he'd give us something different but Strachan seems to like Forrest.

I'm not normally his biggest fan but Forrest put in a really committed performance last night. Still no end product but his off the ball work was incredible. Chasing every ball and putting himself about a bit.

I know that's not your ideal winger but it suits Strachans style. Particularly for a tough couple of international games.

I'm not normally his biggest fan but Forrest put in a really committed performance last night. Still no end product but his off the ball work was incredible. Chasing every ball and putting himself about a bit.

I know that's not your ideal winger but it suits Strachans style. Particularly for a tough couple of international games.

I'd have Ritchie, Mackay-Steven, Johnny Russell, Armstrong all ahead of forrest. He can beat a man and has good work rate sure but rarely finishes off a good run with a cross or effort on goal of equal quality.

Armstrong has impressed me since going to celtic, as has GMS.

Not worth a thread but just to say that WGS is sitting in The Globe in Dundee getting pished!!!

I should of asked him about the squad!!!

Archived