Should there be a borders league

On 05/02/2018 at 23:16, Bluenortherner said:

Kelso United are returning to the fold too I believe?

It would be good if they were. They would need a fence now after having been out for more than three years but they have everything bar the fence as it is. Teams who were already in were okay for some of the new EOSFL criteria but new teams joining had to meet the new criteria.

It might take 10 years but I think as someone else pointed out some of the former EOSFL clubs currently in the Lowland could find their way back down to the EOSFL and it could lead to the return of two divisions of the EOSFL again. Teams who are getting thrashed every week in the EOSFL would have a league where they would face teams of the same level of ability. Maybe Duns would rejoin if there was a division two of the EOSFL and one or two others who left for the juniors.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/02/2018 at 20:15, HibeeJibee said:

Kelso Thistle are currently 6th in Border Amateur 'B' Division... Duns bottom... Kelso Ams bottom of 'C' Division. Any senior return by either town would require substantial reinforcements.

It certainly would and I can't see either of them returning anytime soon because there are too many clubs in a small area with a sparse population and not enough good players.

Archived