What Team Do you support & best memory

It wasn't the fact we bet Montrose 3-1. It was because it was our last ever game at firs park. It also meant that we didn't finish bottom of the table, the first time in 5 seasons.

If we had finished bottom of the table we would have had to present an appeal to stay in the Scottish Professional Football League which we would have most likely lost.

Also an extra fact, Montrose finished 3rd in the league that season which is a higher position that Clyde have finished in that league.

Utter utter shite. And it wasn't called the SPFL at the time either. Really far too many to pick from......we culd have a top ten list of wins against Them from Maryfilth, such is the vast quantity to pick from; a further lengthy list of gubbings of Premier and Championship sides; numerous triumphs at Love St, Brockville, McDairmid, Inverness, Dingwall, Dundee and Hamilton; even two title triumphs (93 and 2000) outnumber what anyone else down here in Hell's Waiting Room Division has accomplished; drawing with and defeating Celtic; giving the proper Rangers (1872-2012) two fucking gigantic frights (96 and 2005) before succumbing; but none of them are better, although some come close to, than fisting Raith Rovers 4-0 in 1999. Without those 'jumped up juniors' giving us our identity back on the field, none of the above would have been possible.....we would have just plodded along and eventually became a diddy league side a helluva lot sooner than we did if it weren't for the McClay's, McCusker's, Convery's, Keogh's and Spittal's of that team. A very similar player-fan romance is definitely brewing with the current side.....♡ ;-)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith 4-0 game is one of my favourite shouts yet. They asked for it.

Personally, the best feeling I can remember is the 2 goals in stoppage time at Cappielow to win 2-1. The fact is was against Morton doesn't mean a thing. It wasnt' the best memory necessarily but to have the elation of a last minute equaliser added to with a winner moments later was just incredible.

Utter utter shite.

After derogatorily dismissing my explanation you didn't give a reason why.

I have had many great memory's at The Shire that I could have written about but I chose that 3-1 win and explained why.

Can you please tell me why my explanation is "utter utter shite"?

Absolutely i can. The overplayed assumption that anything other than token discussions would have taken place if you had indeed finished bottom. Yet again. Perhaps Mackin was sugarcoating his desire to get the f**k out by laying the blame at the big bad league (who'd never admit they wanted it to remain stale, although they never once acted on changing a thing) while having the end of Firs as a fairly compatible alibi......heard it all before myself, after Shawfield, after Firhill, and i'm still hearing how we're totally fucked and we're gonny die........guess what......we're no deed, and neither are Shire. For the better, incidentally. I'm not trying to be a p***k (i'm just very, very good at it), i just don't think romanticising outside fabrications aid what i'm sure are very special and fond moments you've clearly enjoyed watching from your team.

Personally, the best feeling I can remember is the 2 goals in stoppage time at Cappielow to win 2-1. The fact is was against Morton doesn't mean a thing. It wasnt' the best memory necessarily but to have the elation of a last minute equaliser added to with a winner moments later was just incredible.

Yip, with the exception of the Celtic win/thrashing in 2006, that 4-0 victory away to Raith (with Alex Smith in charge) was one of my best ever Clyde memories.

The other game you mentioned was one of the few games I've ever left early.

Somebody had just put a header wide in the 89th minute. We had been dire all game, without a decent shot at goal.

Something inside told me I couldn't lose. Either, I'd miss the last dire minute plus injury time, or a miracle would happen and we would equalise with our first shot on target.

Same as buses, you wait for one miracle and two come along.

The first when I was around 100 yards away from Cappielow, and the second before I reached the car.

Sick and elated at the same time :barf:bounce4 .

East Stirlingshire.

Best memory was when we beat Montrose 3-1 at the last ever game to be held at Firs Park.

The victory also meant that The Shire didn't finish bottom which was unheard of in those days.

Glad we could be of help. loved a visit to Firs park, lots of local "colour" in the pubs and some damn fine pies.

Ok so, *nervously stands up, my name is Craig and support Montrose.

The home leg against Brora last season was memorable for being the most nerve wracking horrible game I have witnessed. Wordy's goal soaring into the top corner led to a wave of relief, joy and an unexplainable numbness along the Beach end. Never again was the cry at full time.

However the memory that will live with me forever was that Scottish cup replay of a replay against Arbroath or more specifically our first goal.

Mike Mckenzie was fighting with a bouncing ball and a defender with his back to goal when he hooked it towards the top corner, time stopped. The ball hung in the air for an age and there was a silence around the ground as we all waited.

I watched with everyone else, grabbing the sleeve of my brothers jacket then slowly and firstly a despairing hand grabbing at the ball and coming up short but will it go in.....

Then the relief, the joy, side net bulging slightly as it cradled the ball and gently embraced all our hopes.

Bedlam.

Now Arbroath fans may have a moan and a dig but beating a rival, especially in those circumstances is always going to be a bit special.

My best memory of being an east Fife Fan is when I bought my first steak pie. Waw, they're delicious..

If that's your best memory then it really does show that East Fife are a pointless football club

Glad we could be of help. loved a visit to Firs park, lots of local "colour" in the pubs and some damn fine pies.

Ok so, *nervously stands up, my name is Craig and support Montrose.

The home leg against Brora last season was memorable for being the most nerve wracking horrible game I have witnessed. Wordy's goal soaring into the top corner led to a wave of relief, joy and an unexplainable numbness along the Beach end. Never again was the cry at full time.

However the memory that will live with me forever was that Scottish cup replay of a replay against Arbroath or more specifically our first goal.

Mike Mckenzie was fighting with a bouncing ball and a defender with his back to goal when he hooked it towards the top corner, time stopped. The ball hung in the air for an age and there was a silence around the ground as we all waited.

I watched with everyone else, grabbing the sleeve of my brothers jacket then slowly and firstly a despairing hand grabbing at the ball and coming up short but will it go in.....

Then the relief, the joy, side net bulging slightly as it cradled the ball and gently embraced all our hopes.

Bedlam.

Now Arbroath fans may have a moan and a dig but beating a rival, especially in those circumstances is always going to be a bit special.

Was that the game you won 3-2?

Dreadful wind that day I remember, we went in at HT 2-0 down but it was that windy I was confident we would come back and win, I stuck £20 on us in live play on the phone to win at very good odds, came out for the 2nd half and Allan Rattray had scored 2 headers before the 50 minutes mark, we then went on to batter you (ala Dumbarton championship play offs for the rest of the half) Swankie hitting the bar and post before a young Martin Boyle rounded our goalkeeper in the 120th (or 90th) minute to give the Mo a 3-2 win

Dont grudge you oft that cause lets face it you hardly ever win derbies these days, our whipping boys ^_^:thumsup2;)

Only championship I've seen East Fife win was at Firs Park. Couldn't have picked many better grounds to do it at. It was also our last game there. That game would have been up there as best memory if it hadn't taken place in March with about 8 games to play. Didn't really have enough tension to make it to top spot.

Was that the game you won 3-2?

Dreadful wind that day I remember, we went in at HT 2-0 down but it was that windy I was confident we would come back and win, I stuck £20 on us in live play on the phone to win at very good odds, came out for the 2nd half and Allan Rattray had scored 2 headers before the 50 minutes mark, we then went on to batter you (ala Dumbarton championship play offs for the rest of the half) Swankie hitting the bar and post before a young Martin Boyle rounded our goalkeeper in the 120th (or 90th) minute to give the Mo a 3-2 win

Dont grudge you oft that cause lets face it you hardly ever win derbies these days, our whipping boys ^_^:thumsup2;)

No it was about 2000 or 2001, we played at links park and Arbroath won but on the Monday it came out that they had fielded a couple of suspended players so a replay was ordered which we drew. So off to Gayfield we went on a Tuesday night fuelled by a fish supper from Pepo's.

Just one of those nights, Mckenzie scored in each half, Colin McGlashan was sent off as was Hinchcliff (excuse the spelling).

We won 2-1 and never looked like conceding a second.

As for the whipping boys it goes in cycles, remember when you boys couldn't buy a win against us.

No it was about 2000 or 2001, we played at links park and Arbroath won but on the Monday it came out that they had fielded a couple of suspended players so a replay was ordered which we drew. So off to Gayfield we went on a Tuesday night fuelled by a fish supper from Pepo's.

Just one of those nights, Mckenzie scored in each half, Colin McGlashan was sent off as was Hinchcliff (excuse the spelling).

We won 2-1 and never looked like conceding a second.

As for the whipping boys it goes in cycles, remember when you boys couldn't buy a win against us.

Those days will never return.... hopefully. :P

Aye I was to young to remember that properly but we must have had a decent team. We were in the 1st division not long after that. First memories of watching us was finishing 2nd to Partick thistle to get promotion which must have been that same season or the season after.

Cant wait for Saturday. 8)

We all love pumping the Raith haha brilliant !

5/3/11: 4-0

8/3/11: 3-2

30/4/11: 2-0

10/9/11: 2-0

13/12/11: 3-0

2/1/12: 2-1

20/3/12: 3-0

15/9/12: 1-0

2/1/13: 4-1

26/2/13: 3-0

9/3/13: 3-2

I admire your love of the Mets, however, wtf is this?!

Archived