What Team Do you support & best memory

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going one nill up against Raith at Starks park in 2008, they hadn't played each other in a league game in over 20 years.

For me, Willie McCulloch's second penalty save was the best moment of that game. I've rarely been in a crowd going as mental as after that save.

Best memory is either winning promotion in 2003 with Kenny Deuchar's last minute goal against Queen's Park or knocking Aberdeen out the League Cup at Pittodrie on penalties in 2011 after a 3-3 draw.

Pretty much the whole of the 2006/7 season when we were promoted and knocked Aberdeen out of the League Cup. I'm obviously biased, but we genuinely played some the best football I've seen at this level that season. Tough to believe that we're kicking on towards 10 years ago. Great days.

Stirling, winning the 2nd Division back in 2009/10 beating the tinks to the title, after being 15 points behind at one point, on the final day of the season. Winning the play offs 2006/07 and 2013/14. Beating Rangers was also pretty enjoyable.

Berwick Rangers.

Winning the league in 2007.

Alex Burke scoring one of the fastest goals in the history of football against Raith Rovers.

Getting a replay off Rangers in 2002 and beating them in 2012 (I will not allow Mike Tumilty to take that away from me).

Been great comebacks over the years. Recall Darren Smith inspiring us to a win from 2-0 down in the last 10 minutes in a League Cup tie versus Elgin - I recall we were away to Aberdeen in the next round - and Lee Currie & Damon Gray scoring 2 superb late goals in a City Cup final against Spartans.

Like many I have a general warm fuzzy feeling when thinking of the peak of the Paul Smith era and battling for promotion to the First Division.

John Clark bringing himself on to take free-kicks, like a rotund soccer version of NFL special teams.

Old timers in the main stand trying and failing to get their head around the playoffs when they came in.

Getting excited when the paper said we'd signed a top Portuguese striker called Bruno da Silva Vittorino. That ended in disappointment.

Celery-gate.

East Fife dealt with the situation very professionally and that has been appreciated by the club and fans.

I'm sure it won't happen again and considering how competitive the game was on Saturday, East Fife could become a team to look forward to play knowing it will be a competitor and close

They sure did deal with it very well , East fife had an off week i recon some silky pre season stuff i watched , just a bad week at the office , diffrent playing surface as well we usally play knock on balls the pitch just held the ball a treat for stirlingshire

Beating the Mo 4-1 to win the league. The other promotions we have had, the bus home from the Stranraer play off win was brilliant. Been plenty of other highs and lows too. The drama at the Cowden play off where we scored in 93 minutes to take it to ET then scored in 120 minutes to win it.

One of my favourites was a Wednesday night league game in January or whatever. It was ridiculously Baltic. Home to Stranraer, shite shite crowd of about 450 I think but we won 2-1 with a last minute Steven Doris goal, think it was the year we had finished 2nd to Cowden in what is now League 1, was proper scenes in Gayfield, everybody just sprinting around the terracing, reminded me of the Scotland v Liechtenstein game where we scored in the 97th minute.

Love it. Hopefully more scenes this weekend away to the Mo. This is also another favourite from that fixture last year

post-14721-14393694075324_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14393694348905_thumb.jpg

post-14721-14393694508263_thumb.jpg

Sad day when your best ever football memory is beating Montrose a measly 3-1

It wasn't the fact we bet Montrose 3-1. It was because it was our last ever game at firs park. It also meant that we didn't finish bottom of the table, the first time in 5 seasons.

If we had finished bottom of the table we would have had to present an appeal to stay in the Scottish Professional Football League which we would have most likely lost.

Also an extra fact, Montrose finished 3rd in the league that season which is a higher position that Clyde have finished in that league.

lots of memories to name a few.. my first ever clyde game when Eddie Annand scored a hatrick (stenhousemuir 96/97?), beating St Mirren 3-2 at love street in our title losing season, beating T*****e many time, best one at Firhell when we smoked them 4-0, beating Celtic in the cup, losing to Rangers at Ibrox in ET in the cup which we would have won if Jarvie wasnt in goal, Eddie Malones peach of a free kick verses Hamilton. In one of our shite seasons when we beat Arbroath away 3-1.

Recent years best memories have been 2 trips to Montorse & Annan where its been a great away day and we have come back 3 points each occasion.

A miserable trip to Peterhead few seasons back also a memory. Probably because I will never forgot how much of a dive that place is :unsure2:

Hullo.

My best memory of the Clyde? Probably the Waverley.

I am joking of course...

No, I suppose it would have to be the occasion on which I participated in a supporter-led football match at Broadwood Stadium. I cherish the memory because it confirmed me so strongly in my faith. Perhaps I should explain what I mean by that...

You see, before this match I had long believed that the most deep-seated despise held by Clyde supporters was not for Partick Thistle, Airdrie, Queen's Park, Rangers or sellic. No. It was for Clyde. Or, to put it another way: a despise for one's fellow Bully.

I think the only other time I've overheard so much private sniping was when I spent a lunchtime in the staffroom of my local convent. Oh god...

Lots of good memories, too young to attend the 1-0 Rangers game but plenty from our foray into what was then league 1 with George best at Shielfield with Hibs, Mr white boots Davie Smith chesting down a goal bound header, nutmegging the advancing forward and playing a 20 yard pass out to our winger, Tommy Steven hitting a 30 yard screamer from the stand touchline and the celebration, Any Jim Morton free kick, the marathon trip to Keith. Later, a 1-1 at falkirk with 10 men, 0-0 versus Rangers Tore Andre Flo et al, the Warren Hawke hat trick versus Morton, and of course winning against Arbroath to secure the championship, all good times

Archived