Michelle Mone (again)

~~~

30 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

The old defence of yes we supplied a ridiculous amount of useless crap at ridiculous pricing but where in the contract did you say we couldn't do that?

How were we supposed to know that surgical gowns are meant to be sterile?

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I think she is still on a yacht in the bahamas.

We can only hope she stays there til hurricane season.....................

Is she not supposed to be holed up in Honduras, which coincidentally doesn't have an extradition agreement with the UK?

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is she not supposed to be holed up in Honduras, which coincidentally doesn't have an extradition agreement with the UK?

She fucked off to Honduras when the scandal first broke. Since its become apparent that the cops were not immediately about to huckle her, she's been swanning about in Belize (iirc) and the Algarve, in between blaming the government for allowing her to thieve millions from the public purse.

13 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

She fucked off to Honduras when the scandal first broke. Since its become apparent that the cops were not immediately about to huckle her, she's been swanning about in Belize (iirc) and the Algarve, in between blaming the government for allowing her to thieve millions from the public purse.

She'll be being quietly championed by Tories for being a top Tory; if there's one thing those scumbags are brilliant at it's draining public money into private pockets, while convincing the Jones' that they're the best route to a slightly higher spec motor than them nextdoor. 

Edited by Jeff Venom

• 8 months later...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/06/michelle-mone-admits-involvement-with-vip-lane-ppe-company

The Conservative peer Michelle Mone has acknowledged for the first time that she was involved with a company that was awarded government PPE contracts worth £200m during the Covid pandemic.

Lady Mone’s husband, Douglas Barrowman, has also acknowledged for the first time that he was involved in the company, PPE Medpro.

A representative of Barrowman told the Guardian that the Isle of Man-based businessman was an investor in PPE Medpro, and chaired and led the operation to supply personal protective equipment.

The admissions raise questions about years of denials from the couple. Until now, Mone and Barrowman have consistently and emphatically denied to the Guardian, via lawyers, that they were involved in the company.

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/06/michelle-mone-admits-involvement-with-vip-lane-ppe-company

The Conservative peer Michelle Mone has acknowledged for the first time that she was involved with a company that was awarded government PPE contracts worth £200m during the Covid pandemic.

Lady Mone’s husband, Douglas Barrowman, has also acknowledged for the first time that he was involved in the company, PPE Medpro.

A representative of Barrowman told the Guardian that the Isle of Man-based businessman was an investor in PPE Medpro, and chaired and led the operation to supply personal protective equipment.

The admissions raise questions about years of denials from the couple. Until now, Mone and Barrowman have consistently and emphatically denied to the Guardian, via lawyers, that they were involved in the company.

Where the f**k is she hiding? 

In 1963 the Great Train Robbers stole roughly £60m in today's money and had the whole of the nation's Police Force looking for them.

• 4 weeks later...

She now admits connection to PPE Medpro.  This programme is 1 hr 12 min long.....had a quick scan through and she still comes across as a lying bitch (no surprise) at 1 hr 7 min she is asked if she benefited financially from the PPE Medpro deal.....tries to explain it was her husband who "saved the NHS millions" and its up to him as to what he does financially and she "like other families" may have benefited as his wife.......aye like so many other families we secretly stashed away tens of millions in profit in offshore accounts and denied any involvement.

The luxury yacht and most recent facelift have been paid out of our taxes.....the PPE gowns remain unuseable in storage (at a cost to us again of "£3.2m per year) She comes across as a lying cow and should be in Cornton Vale rather than her muti-million pound villa on the Isle of Man

The documentary was paid for by PPE Medpro............which of course she previously said she had no links to.

6 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

The BBC  article on the documentary today has a quote that she is "embarrassed at being a Tory peer". I nearly split my sides laughing at that one as she is clearly not embarrassed enough to actually do anything about it.

The Lords, the grift that never ends !

She is "ashamed at being a Tory peer", per the article, because she feels the government is making her and her husband a scapegoat over PPE failures. Of course, she could still resign if she feels that way. If a political party is victimising you (her viewpoint) then you certainly should get the f**k out of it. 

Conversely, suing PPE Medpro is one of the few things the government has gotten right recently. Michelle Mone has almost certainly committed criminal offences here as well, but there she is playing the victim card. 

An abhorrent woman. 

Edited by Michael W

20 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

She is the Dame Shirley Porter of the age.

My Great Auntie detested that woman with every fibre of her being, to the extent that I once got thrown out of the house because I had bought the bottle of milk she requested in Tesco.

When I read more about Porter, and found out that my GA had worked in a few of the homeless hostels at the time, I saw her point