Michelle Mone (again)

~~~

If even a corrupt and despised piece of work like Hancock is happy to drop her in it, then she is hopefully fucked. She is a weird idiot who got lucky with an idea once and has somehow been venerated as business genius ever since. She is just another Alan Sugar.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

8 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If even a corrupt and despised piece of work like Hancock is happy to drop her in it, then she is hopefully fucked. She is a weird idiot who got lucky with an idea once and has somehow been venerated as business genius ever since. She is just another Alan Sugar.

This case certainly demonstrates the immense sense in the manner in which part of our legislature is constructed. 

Maybe she could ask one of the 26 Bishops in the Lords for some guidance on appropriate behaviour? After all, they have to do something useful to justify their membership

"Mone’s message said: “I smell a rat here. It is more than the usual red tape, incompetence and bureaucracy. That’s expected! I believe there is corruption here at the highest levels and a cover-up is taking place ... Don’t say I didn’t [warn] you when Panorama or Horizon run an exposé documentary on all this.”

Well done Michelle, you may regret  giving TV executives this wonderful idea for a documentary.

I found it incredulous at the time, but why was there even a "VIP lane" for those connected to government ministers in the first place?

It's funny that what really seems to have done for Mone here isn't that she wanted to dip the public purse to feather the nests of herself and her family whilst providing substandard or non existent PPE, it's the fact she behaved like a complete w**k whilst doing so and they are happy to throw her under the bus just to get rid of her.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's clear she is going to be thrown to the wolves (albeit a Tory version) given Sunaks responses at PMQs today.

How the fuck can he be shocked at the allegations? He was Chancellor at the time and in charge of doling out the obscene sums of money to the likes of Mone.

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Going through a pandemic, people having to watch loved ones die behind a window 

She seen it as an opportunity to fleece the taxpayer 

If she wasn’t a Tory, she’s be jailed for this

Disaster capitalism, innit. That's sadly what a lot of these vile Tories are all about.

10 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Sadly, I don’t even think this instance would be anywhere near the worst case if it was all properly investigated. 

51 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's funny that what really seems to have done for Mone here isn't that she wanted to dip the public purse to feather the nests of herself and her family whilst providing substandard or non existent PPE, it's the fact she behaved like a complete w**k whilst doing so and they are happy to throw her under the bus just to get rid of her.

35 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

It's clear she is going to be thrown to the wolves (albeit a Tory version) given Sunaks responses at PMQs today.

30 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

How the f**k can he be shocked at the allegations? He was Chancellor at the time and in charge of doling out the obscene sums of money to the likes of Mone.

11 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Sadly, I don’t even think this instance would be anywhere near the worst case if it was all properly investigated. 

12 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Sunak 'absolutely shocked' by allegations against Mone. That's official then, she's definately going to have an accident with an open windae on the 8th floor.....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/07/right-and-important-that-michelle-mone-is-investigated-says-minister-steve-barclay

1 hour ago, Clown Job said:

Makes me think I did Covid all wrong. 

I should have started a company offering all sorts of goodies, borrowed massively to donate to the Tories, coined it in, provided feck all, and retired to the Bahamas/House of Lords. 

“According to Hancock, Mone’s message said: “I smell a rat here. It is more than the usual red tape, incompetence and bureaucracy. That’s expected! I believe there is corruption here at the highest levels and a cover-up is taking place ... Don’t say I didn’t [warn] you when Panorama or Horizon run an exposé documentary on all this.”

This is absolutely outstanding - irony meter exploded. Hoisted by her own petard whilst at the fiddle.

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Makes me think I did Covid all wrong. 

I should have started a company offering all sorts of goodies, borrowed massively to donate to the Tories, coined it in, provided feck all, and retired to the Bahamas/House of Lords. 

2019, you an idiot, starts a PPE manufacturing business selling high quality protective equipment to the health care industry. 

2019, you a genius, joined the jockey club. 

THE ANATOMY OF A PPE DEAL

Mone no longer a Tory peer. Is this to avoid potential prosecution ? (From Guardian )

No 10 says Michelle Mone lost Tory whip 'by default' when she took leave of absence from Lords

At the post-PMQs lobby briefing the PM’s press secretary said Lady Mone lost the Tory whip “by default” when she took a voluntary leave of absence from the Lords. The press secretary said: "She’s taken a leave of absence therefore, by default, she has not got the Conservative whip any more.

Asked why Rishi Sunak waited for Mone to in effect strip herself of the whip if he was “shocked” by allegations about her, the press secretary claimed that was matter for the whips’ office.

When it was put to her that Sunak cut Mone adrift, the press secretary replied: “I wouldn’t characterise it as that. She’s taken a leave of absence from the House of Lords.”

She said she was not aware of “any conversations” between Sunak and Mone about her taking a leave of absence, adding: “As I understand it, it was her voluntary decision.”