Most emotional film

maicoman

The happy endings to Crocodile Dundee , While  You Were Sleeping and You’ve Got Mail always make me feel a bit emotional.

Honourable mention to The Railway Children 

And a few scenes in Midnight Run , especially when The Robert Di Niro character has to call in at his ex-wife’s house and sees his daughter for the first time in ages.

I'm yet to watch it but I came home once to my wife having just finished a Star is Born. She was an absolute mess.

She gave me a bit of a spoiler as to why and I now don't want to go anywhere near it.

Also Marley & me took me by surprise in my reaction to it.

Schindler's List.

The Green Mile.

Hacksaw Ridge.

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.

The Pursuit of Happyness.

The Impossible.

Not a film, but episode 9 of Band of Brothers -  'Why we fight' sends me into an emotional meltdown anytime I watch it.

For me it's Coco. Saw it not long after my mum passed away and the whole thing is obviously about family and remembering the dead et cetera. My gf was relatively new at the time and I think she was genuinely concerned for my emotional welfare when, ten minutes after the film had finished and everyone else had shuffled out of the cinema, I was still huddled up in my chair absolutely bawling my eyes out.

Context and relatability is so important in these things, I doubt I'd have been as affected at a different time in my life.

Ps I know it's a kids film but Coco really is absolutely brilliant. Couldn't recommend highly enough. 

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

A complete and utter disgrace that Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind hasn't (as far as I can see) appeared on this thread.

Emotional films thread, not shite films thread mate.

A few months ago, there was a trailer for a film on Sky Cinema called "Life Itself". Looked like your general Romcom shite, so my Mrs was desperate to watch it. 

Ten minutes in and we had to pause it as we thought we'd got the wrong film. Another ten minutes on and we had to stop it again as we were in floods of tears. 

Without doubt the most emotional I've ever been watching a film, told a couple others about it, and they had the same reaction.