Annan Ath v Stirling Albion

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a penalty.

That's all

The penalty was soft and I would have been annoyed if it had been given against us, however the defender was clumsy, he had the goal side covered and didn't need to bundle into Beattie.

That said, Annan had the first half chances to have the game under control, but if you don't take them when on offer......

First half possession was about equal although Annan made more and the better chances, second half after the ordering off we were looking the likelier side to take the points, till the second ordering off after which the game just petered out. All in all pretty scrappy stuff.

We should've had the game wrapped up in the first half, should never have been even at the break. I thought after going a goal up we would've kicked on but poor finishing let us down. And then the penalty.... What a poor decision, even Beattie admitted it wasn't a pen! From then on the ref ruined the game throwing cards around all over the place. Certainly 2 points dropped for us

We should've had the game wrapped up in the first half, should never have been even at the break. I thought after going a goal up we would've kicked on but poor finishing let us down. And then the penalty.... What a poor decision, even Beattie admitted it wasn't a pen! From then on the ref ruined the game throwing cards around all over the place. Certainly 2 points dropped for us

we had some issues last week with the standard of the officials. That's how it is in lower league Scottish football. Some you win...

Aye agreed I saw Beattie saying it wasn't a pen, he shook his head then had a wee giggle to himself, Jordan was unlucky not to save it as well. Annan started well & we were unlucky not to be a head before the break. I missed the Stirling lad's tackle for his red card, I also missed why Watson got sent of for us. Never a dull moment between us two.

The stats on the BBC web site tells a slightly different story from the highlights.

Stirling had 54% of possession, Annan 17 shots and the Albion 7. Editing only really showed shots by Annan.

Annan looked like they want to get the ball in the box quickly and create chances.

Overall a good point away from home but a win over Berwick next week is essential. How did McMillan play, highlights hardly showed him.

Archived