Annan Ath v Stirling Albion

This Saturday the Albion make the journey south to Galabank to face Annan.

Always a good trip down to Annan and this Saturday it should be no exception off the park but can the same be said for the match.

Annan has made a good start to the season winning away last Saturday at Queens Park,while the Albion went down to Clyde 1-0 at Forthbank.

Can the Albion upset the odds and get an away win at Annam I hope so but recent performances suggest otherwise.

Our problem is that while our defence has improved,we have lost the way to goal not scoring in our last 2 games both at home and this Saturday we could have the same problem with Skippy probabily playing Craig Beattie up front on his own. Given the problems with the fitness with Steven Doris we need to start scoring or else we will come away with nothing.

Defensively their will be a change at Centre Back with Ross Smith possibliy coming in to replace Mark Staunton who was sent off against Clyde, maybe also at left back with Kevin McKinlay in for Ross Forsyth.

Prediction Annan 1 Albion 1 :thumsup2 I ​

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wants to play Beattie he needs to play 2 upfront, there's no way Beattie can play upfront himself.

Might make the journey down to this, Annan is a top away day

Agree with your comments but somehow can't see it happening expect us to adopt a 4-5-1 formation and hope the midfield can give Beattie some support, did not happen the last 2 games so we will see.

Is McLaren on a shaky peg/likely to be if Albion struggle in their next 2/3 games? Notice he's 16/1 outsider in sack race when I would have had him at least in top 3 favs given how last season went and then 3 defeats to start this campaign.

Is McLaren on a shaky peg/likely to be if Albion struggle in their next 2/3 games? Notice he's 16/1 outsider in sack race when I would have had him at least in top 3 favs given how last season went and then 3 defeats to start this campaign.

Let's say if the Albion don't improve in the coming weeks then the discontent from the Albion supporters will grow.

Not the best of starts as you say and the fact that in the last 2 home games we did not score has led to questions being asked on the Albion forum Rave On about whether supporters have faith in him and also the Board.

Opinion appears to be that he has the backing of a slight majority of supporters in the mean time but if results don't pick up then watch this space as they say.

Will the guitar man see any of the match or just entertain in the clubhouse ?

Will Greig MacDonald get the chance of recompense against his former employers ?

Is it onwards & upwards for Annan ?

Saying nothing till the fat lady sorry laddie sorry guitar man sings ( does a good turn).

If he wants to play Beattie he needs to play 2 upfront, there's no way Beattie can play upfront himself.

Might make the journey down to this, Annan is a top away day

Is the same Craig Beattie once of Celtic/ Scotland etc

I see he waded into the Collins/McInnes/Ratnamara menage-a-trois this week, he's hardly the best person on the subject of how to 'hurt the big teams', given how he wastrelled his career bit by bit by being exactly the type of individual JC was talking about. Score five Premier League goals and c***s think they are superstars. Now, he can't get out of Chris Smith's back pocket. Wastrel.

Archived