Stenny vs Airdrie

What would be wrong in giving kyle richford a chance !!!

Richford should have got his chance at the end of last season as a replacement for Lister and didn't. The fact that we signed Morgan tells us all we need to know about Richfords future at the club under Bollan in my opinion.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richford should have got his chance at the end of last season as a replacement for Lister and didn't. The fact that we signed Morgan tells us all we need to know about Richfords future at the club under Bollan in my opinion.

Surely you wouldn't be suggesting that Bollan has a problem with playing players from the youth squad?!!

On the 20s subject Kevin Harper seems to be doing a good job bringing players in ,watched them beat a Gartcairn juniors Xl 8-1 on Monday night and the looked pretty impressive the right back look great in the tackle and effective going forward, both centre halfs looked very comfy on the ball solid in the tackle and one of them was very pacy , but both look a bit young, Cadden and Glackin in midfield looked very impressive the centre forward looked very sharp and took his 3 goals very well, things are looking very positive with the development squad

Richford is injured and had an ankle injury at end of last season that was hampering him. I personally think a Prunty and Richford pairing would be decent and the experience of playing off BP would help Richford no end.

Richford is not well bed bound with the virus BP had

Richford is not well bed bound with the virus BP had

Thanks for info RB.

Onto today, although i think we'd be best served with the 433 with inverted midfield (aka 4231) formation i'm not sure Bollan switches from the 442 which is a bit of a square peg situation.

Liam watt isnt a wide mid, i'd still prefer him involved in game, i'd prefer us to play...

Parry

Bain, crighton, lithgow, oneill

Mcbride, gilfillan

Cox, watt, morton

Prunty

Mcaleer, sumsky would be obvious attacking options off the bench

I think that team would be hard to beat and capable of winning most weeks.

Tenner to get in today with a season ticket is a great deal. Well done Stenny, hope we're reciprocating for the return games or the match threads will be worse than the usual moanfest over pricing.

I'm sure Liam Watt is happy to get game time wherever Bollan plays him but I agree that he's not suited to a wide role.

Scott Stewart & Jordan Morton did fantastically well when they came on.

Morgan offered little in holding the ball up but he had a few good passes and lay offs that led to clear cut chances.

Prunty missed a massive chance at one end and minutes later we were punished with a bread and butter ball that the defence should've dealt with.

Well done to Stenhousemuir for their season ticket deal. Really good community club up here.

We were calling for Morgan to be sent off towards the end FFS! Bollan has a lot to answer for. If things don't improve soon, I would fully expect the chairman to give him the boot. Second half was better but another late goal beats us.

Not quite sure what to make of that. Stenhousemuir were the better side in the first half, but Airdrieonians were the better team in the second and came flying out the blocks at the interval. I thought a draw would have been the fairer outcome but I'm over the moon with the last-minute goal. I had actually criticised Bomber's substitutions but his two changes combined for the winning goal, with Jon McShane flicking on for Fraser Eddington to get in behind and score. Fair play to "Fast Eddie", he took it very well.

Four points from our opening two fixtures, pretty damn happy with that.

The guys tried their hearts out today but we were undone due to the impotence of our attack. I really feel sorry for most of the team as they gave it all but we were up against it with a starting line up that had NOT ONE player with a recent track record of putting the ball in the net.

Is Bollan waiting to see if Taylor gets better? Look who scored the winner for Stenny today, Eddington a boy brought in from their under 20s.

This game was a carbon copy of last seasons fixture where we change the name from Parker to Morgan. Will Morgan improve before Bollan gets the boot?

Bollan will say we deserved a draw today and maybe he's right, the fact is that if we had anything remotely decent up front we would have walked that game.

Cant believe Bollan is coming under pressure, he has basically worked miracles the last two seasons with the hand that he has been dealt. This season we have had our team in early but it doesn't appear that the wages have risen any, and nor should they with our attendances and income, but he cant keep pulling rabbits out the hat. He has proven himself to have the ability to manage our side and to get the best out of the side. I think it is a bit harsh if we bump him at the first sign of trouble.

Cant believe Bollan is coming under pressure, he has basically worked miracles the last two seasons with the hand that he has been dealt. This season we have had our team in early but it doesn't appear that the wages have risen any, and nor should they with our attendances and income, but he cant keep pulling rabbits out the hat. He has proven himself to have the ability to manage our side and to get the best out of the side. I think it is a bit harsh if we bump him at the first sign of trouble.

I think you're right but there's no doubt things need to improve and soon. There's at least a semi - decent squad in there somewhere but we really can't afford to not play until December again. Bizarre lineup today with arguably our three best attacking players on the bench.

He's never worked miracles with us. Both seasons he has been here have been saved due to being bailed out by good quality loan players and a couple of signings midway through the season. First season was Boyle's fault but the change in results came when he got better players, his initial results were just as bad as Boyle's - there was no miracle there. Last season his summer signings would have relegated us (or 9th anyway, Stirling might have saved us) but some good loanees pushed us up the league. Given how poorly he recruited last summer and how poorly we started last season I don't have any problem with fans being slightly worried at similar signs this season.

Surely when you have a whole summer to put together a squad you must have a good idea of what your best 11 and preferred formation is. Aside from the goalie and centre backs he clearly has no idea.

Not for a second saying we should 'bump' him, but he's had a lot of good press in the last 2 years so no-one can complain at him being questioned.

Saying Bollan has "worked miracles" the last few seasons is a non-statement. Last season we escaped relegation courtesy of a few loan signings, and having a sh*te start, or simply: Bollan got out of a situation he got himself into. He'll be away this time next month.

I tend to agree with the last comment, I think he will be lucky to get to next month the way he is picking the team, how can you start with Gilfillan wide right when you have 2 natural wingers on the bench, he's signed Morgan and he's going to play him and hope that he comes good which I doubt he will, don't know if GB or the new chairman signed Sumsky but he doesn't look cut out for the hustle and bustle of this league but here's hoping he proves me wrong

No idea wtf boring Bollan is playing at. He's feckin killing us. His budget this year us a bit better than last 5 years so dont be fooled. He's very negative and has a lot of digging to do.

Ps, thought Morgan was a hell of a lot better today and looked really dangerous in the 2nd half.

Archived