Stenny vs Airdrie

Away and don't talk mince. Why would you sign a 6'5" striker and not use his height to the team's advantage. He showed on Saturday he has no strength to get in behind the defence and because of this didn't have a chance to get a shot off.

Saying "I watched a highlights reel on Youtube" is on a par with saying "he has good stats on Football Manager".

He's taller than me, and I'm 6'4.

I doubt he has good stats on football manager. He's sh1te!

He does deserve a few games though. He looks a trier. My main gripe was he always seemed to get the ball and proceed to run away from goal. That and the fact he can't jump. But he wasn't the only one who had a bad game. I think Bollan will give him a bit of a run too. Why sign him otherwise.

It's early days for everyone anyway. We'll take a few games to bed in.

Btw, if we have to give Morgan time surely we have to give Lithgow time? Unless the negative comments are due to him being a sex offender. In which case im fine with him getting a hard time (no pun intended). If it's purely football related only, again he deserves a few games before being judged.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Away and don't talk mince. Why would you sign a 6'5" striker and not use his height to the team's advantage. He showed on Saturday he has no strength to get in behind the defence and because of this didn't have a chance to get a shot off.

Saying "I watched a highlights reel on Youtube" is on a par with saying "he has good stats on Football Manager".

He's taller than me, and I'm 6'4.

You would sign a 6ft 5 player and not use his height to the team's advantage if his height wasn't to the teams advantage and it was his ability with the ball at his feet that was to the teams advantage. Tore Andre Flo and Peter Crouch weren't reknowned for their aerial abilities despite being taller than Morgan but they still had not bad careers.

Morgan is horse shit it's only being controversial for the sake of it to say otherwise.

He will not start on Saturday anyway so it's an irrelevance.

Not great news for us especially if Malky is out that we will now be playing against a team with the full compliment.

Whilst I agree he hasn't been great saying the boy can barely move let alone run is pish. He got in behind the Annan defence and the Stirling defence a fair few times. A problem is knocking high balls up to a man who can't win a contested header. To say he is pish in the air and makes wrong decisions I fully agree but he he is a mobile player.

Except he's not really though is he?

Not as crazy as judging him from 15 minutes of the first league game of the season. Anyway, I haven't commented upon whether he will do a good job for us or not, but I am prepared to give the boy a chance and I have more faith the in the footballing judgement of Gary Bollan and his team than some spotty school kids..

Odd bunch the Airdrie fans, falling over themselves to give a second chance to Lithgow (a player who has looked far too bulky and cumbersome against Annan and Forfar when I have seen him) but wont even give a first chance to Morgan because a few Falkirk fans on Pie and Bovril have mocked him.

Ehm - it's more 'crazy'. To judge someone based on a biased highlight reel on the internet rather than what they produce in real life is mad. That's because Lithgow is actually a footballer and at least has some semblance of what to do.

Aye cause the Scottish League one is a real hotbed of footballing talent...

Well compared to some jobbing kids league in the USA, yes.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I feel like there is some amount of moaning from sections of our support right now. I know it's always been there and it happens at every club, but it seems to be particularly bad round our way right now. If it isn't Taylor Morgan's ability, it's Jamie Bain's diving, not playing McAleer, Bollan not playing youth, Lithgow's past, the club not having the kit out yet...the bloody list seems endless.

I understand that we're here for debate, but it gets so grim and goes overboard sometimes with folk on here. We have an exciting new regime in place who have promised some big things - sure it'll take time if indeed any of it happens, but let's just enjoy the ride.

I don't care what anyone says, we are in a much better state now than we were this time last season squad wise. Much better. And as long as we don't have a repeat of the corresponding game with Stenny at their place last year, when we battered them for 87 mins before conceding and losing 1-0, I'll be content.

Bollan has openly admitted that he doesn't quite know his best 11 yet and it will take us some time to settle. We have two very winnable games these next two weeks, so this could be the opportunity we need to click.

I feel that until we have Lister or a comparable striker up top with Prunty, we need to go with a lone frontman. With that in mind, I'd try...

post-7964-14392377424368_thumb.jpg

I reckon Bollan will see the second half on Saturday as a big improvement on the first (as he should) and will go with the same 11 that finished the Forfar game. So...

post-7964-14392378496811_thumb.jpg

We really need the win and I fancy us to get it. 2-0 to Airdrie.

Are Airdrie fans still bothered about Alan Lithgow? I would have thought the fuss would have blown over long before now.

It generally has. As predicted on here, there was no booing, banners or any sort of protest about him on Saturday.

Still get the odd chomp but that's to be expected.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I feel like there is some amount of moaning from sections of our support right now. I know it's always been there and it happens at every club, but it seems to be particularly bad round our way right now. If it isn't Taylor Morgan's ability, it's Jamie Bain's diving, not playing McAleer, Bollan not playing youth, Lithgow's past, the club not having the kit out yet...the bloody list seems endless.

I understand that we're here for debate, but it gets so grim and goes overboard sometimes with folk on here. We have an exciting new regime in place who have promised some big things - sure it'll take time if indeed any of it happens, but let's just enjoy the ride.

I don't care what anyone says, we are in a much better state now than we were this time last season squad wise. Much better. And as long as we don't have a repeat of the corresponding game with Stenny at their place last year, when we battered them for 87 mins before conceding and losing 1-0, I'll be content.

Bollan has openly admitted that he doesn't quite know his best 11 yet and it will take us some time to settle. We have two very winnable games these next two weeks, so this could be the opportunity we need to click.

I feel that until we have Lister or a comparable striker up top with Prunty, we need to go with a lone frontman. With that in mind, I'd try...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1439237736.248030.jpg

I reckon Bollan will see the second half on Saturday as a big improvement on the first (as he should) and will go with the same 11 that finished the Forfar game. So...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1439237846.215247.jpg

We really need the win and I fancy us to get it. 2-0 to Airdrie.

I agree with you. I do think we've got a decent squad (with one or two more additions to make it stronger hopefully) and as I've said before it will take us a few games to work out our best team but, Saturday is a good chance to hopefully do that or at least pick up some points in the process. I think most people are just disappointed after Saturday and probably the cup games too but give it time and we'll hopefully come good. With the exception of Lithgow's past and Bollan not playing youth, they're probably all valid comments or complaints though.

I am still puzzled why play a right back at left back when there is a natural left back in van zantan sitting on the bench !! And in my humble opinion Lithgow was one of our better player's on Saturday !! Just saying

It's playing van zanten at left back no the same thing ???? just saying

I am still puzzled why play a right back at left back when there is a natural left back in van zantan sitting on the bench !! And in my humble opinion Lithgow was one of our better player's on Saturday !! Just saying

Seen Van Zanten play hundreds of games for us in a few different positions. Never seen him play at left back.

DVZ is a right back. Doesn't appear to be a natural left back at the club.

I agree with you. I do think we've got a decent squad (with one or two more additions to make it stronger hopefully) and as I've said before it will take us a few games to work out our best team but, Saturday is a good chance to hopefully do that or at least pick up some points in the process. I think most people are just disappointed after Saturday and probably the cup games too but give it time and we'll hopefully come good. With the exception of Lithgow's past and Bollan not playing youth, they're probably all valid comments or complaints though.

Agreed mate, it's just a case of allowing for the team to settle and the best 11 being identified. I can understand frustration with the very concept of that due to how long it's taken us in previous years, I just genuinely don't believe it'll be as bad this season.

I also accept that some of the issues raised by people are valid points - but so many of the complaints are really trivial. I only outlined a few above, but there have been countless since the start of the close season.

As I've said, I can accept that we're here to debate and discuss. However, to hear some people talk, you'd think we were the worst run club in the UK or had the worst players in our history playing for us at the moment. Neither of which is true in my opinion.

Van Zanten is not a natural left back I can see why you're confused if you think that.

I'll say it again an utterly pointless signing for Airdrie. I doubt he will be there for a bag of toffee either.

You posted the same on the Forfar thread and I replied but given you've come out with the same nonsense again here's a copy and paste.

Van Zanten played 2nd half at Stirling at LB when O'Neil was injured. He looked lost. Skinned for pace repeatedly by Phil Johnston (no shame in that) but also completely lost track of him on more than one occasion. Not as lost as he looked in the middle of the park in the 1st though.

Archived