Stenny vs Airdrie

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really looking forward to see Taylor Morgan in the flesh - is he as bad as everyone says he is?

don't think you'll have the pleasure, he's nowhere near as good as everyone says he is. hooked at h/t on Saturday was quite an achievement given the very low ceiling we now have, it will be an extraordinary comeback for him if he ever graces the diamond again. Such greats as Paul Ronald, Niall Thompson, and Stuart Ingram were competent and prolific by comparison.

Morgan seemed to like to drop in to pockets of space and be involved in a more progressive build up, maybe Barca are looking for a back up "false 9" in case Messi gets crocked. Not sure what Bollan was doing signing him and Sumsky and wasting 2x places in the squad when they clearly don't fit his profile.

Sumsky only had twenty odd minutes to impress himself in a game dominated by the Forfar centre halves and when the midfield was often missed out in both directions. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

However, Taylor Morgan is just not up to it. I didn't see either of the cup games and it only took me around fifteen minutes of firing high balls up to him while he is not able to win them to decide, which for a 6'5" striker is ludicrous.

I hope we can break our duck against what I can only imagine will be a less organised, if not only a less physical Stenhousemuir side who started well with a 2-2 draw against the Blue Toon. I've only been to Ochilview the once in the aftermath of Scott Booth's calamitous reign, and those circumstances probably contributed to the 2-0 score line that day.

Heart says 2-0 Airdrie with Cox and Morton scoring, head says 1-1 with Lithgow scoring from a last ditch corner.

Scored at Peterhead and played well.He will be a good player for us i feel.

I think he's quite a similar player to our little Moroccan goal machine -direct, strong, low centre of gravity and hits the ball low and fierce. Given the chance to be a proper out and out striker he should do well.

Really looking forward to see Taylor Morgan in the flesh - is he as bad as everyone says he is?

If he plays like he did on Saturday you're in for a real treat my friend.

I've never seen a man of 6"5' actually get smaller when he jumps.

It looks like there's a 3 second delay for his brain signals to reach his feet.

Comedic value - 10/10

Footballing ability - 2/10

Yes - but I'm not convinced he'll play.

This is a good game to try and get back on track and start the season proper. I'd line up either:

Parry

Van Zanten Crighton Lithgow O'Neil

McBride Gilfillan

Sumsky

McAleer Prunty Morton

Or:

Parry

Van Zanten Crighton Lithgow O'Neil

McBride Gilfillan Watt

Sumsky/Morton

Prunty Morton/Richford

I think it will take us a few more games to find our best line up but it's important we pick up points while we do and I'm fairly confident we can get something here.

This anti- Taylor Morgan stuff is band wagon jumping sheep like nonsense. Decided he's crap after 15 minutes? aye that sounds a fair assessment. Why are folk complaining about his aerial ability? I doubt he was brought in for his aerial ability, I watched a highlights real of him on youtube and his strength was in running beyond the defence and getting shots off.

Also I've seen him play twice and there is not a chance he is 6ft 5in either and I don't care what Wikipedia says.

This anti- Taylor Morgan stuff is band wagon jumping sheep like nonsense. Decided he's crap after 15 minutes? aye that sounds a fair assessment. Why are folk complaining about his aerial ability? I doubt he was brought in for his aerial ability, I watched a highlights real of him on youtube and his strength was in running beyond the defence and getting shots off.

Also I've seen him play twice and there is not a chance he is 6ft 5in either and I don't care what Wikipedia says.

He is crap. 3 games isn't a lot of time but when you're as bad as he is it's a fair indicator - unlike a Youtube highlight reel which are deliberately edited to make the player look like a superstar. The boy can barely move let alone run. Even if he wasn't brought in for his aerial prowess, he should clearly be a lot better in that department than he is.

Whilst I agree he hasn't been great saying the boy can barely move let alone run is pish. He got in behind the Annan defence and the Stirling defence a fair few times. A problem is knocking high balls up to a man who can't win a contested header. To say he is pish in the air and makes wrong decisions I fully agree but he he is a mobile player.

Judging anyone off of Youtube is crazy, but I agree about the bandwagon jumping. He showed glimpses in the cup games and could/should have scored 2 or 3 goals. Obviously those were against weaker opposition though but people are getting a bit carried away with themselves. I think there's a bit of the - 'if we laugh at him ourselves then it's not so bad when other fans laugh at him' sneaking in here to try and save face.

I wouldn't start him on Saturday though, I'd go with airdrieman's first line-up, maybe Cox instead of McAleer. I'd guess that's what Bollan will do anyway. Watt did well when he came on on Saturday so he might get a start instead of Sumsky or Cox.

The youtube montage is from the US College circuit, I think the level of competition is poor there, so the footage flatters him. I think if he sticks with us he'll need to get a run of games and goals in the u20s to get up to speed. I'd imagine the club are already looking for a get out clause in his loan deal.

It'll be interesting to see what Brown Ferguson plans to do with his defence for the match. After his two bookings against Peterhead, I would imagine Stuart Malcolm will miss this game through suspension, so we'll probably have to move Ross Meechan infield to partner Euan Murray and start Jamie McCormack at right-back. From middle to front, I reckon we'll keep the same team. I haven't seen Jon Robertson yet but he was getting decent reviews after the weekend.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win this to be honest but I think it'll be settled by the odd goal.

Judging anyone off of Youtube is crazy, but I agree about the bandwagon jumping. He showed glimpses in the cup games and could/should have scored 2 or 3 goals. Obviously those were against weaker opposition though but people are getting a bit carried away with themselves. I think there's a bit of the - 'if we laugh at him ourselves then it's not so bad when other fans laugh at him' sneaking in here to try and save face.

I wouldn't start him on Saturday though, I'd go with airdrieman's first line-up, maybe Cox instead of McAleer. I'd guess that's what Bollan will do anyway. Watt did well when he came on on Saturday so he might get a start instead of Sumsky or Cox.

Not as crazy as judging him from 15 minutes of the first league game of the season. Anyway, I haven't commented upon whether he will do a good job for us or not, but I am prepared to give the boy a chance and I have more faith the in the footballing judgement of Gary Bollan and his team than some spotty school kids..

Odd bunch the Airdrie fans, falling over themselves to give a second chance to Lithgow (a player who has looked far too bulky and cumbersome against Annan and Forfar when I have seen him) but wont even give a first chance to Morgan because a few Falkirk fans on Pie and Bovril have mocked him.

Aye cause the Scottish League one is a real hotbed of footballing talent...

We get it, you fancy him no one else does, not even boring Kerr. I agree with you that a few games is a very small sample size but you must be a genius if you can spot a hidden talent in Taylor Morgan. Agreed too about Lithgow, I'm sickened looking at him, have we as a club got no morals whatsoever? I'd rather have Ricki Lamie, Grant Drummond or Grant Evans back than him.

Does Bollan get it right all the time? I'm sure his usage of Parker at the expense of Coogans 2 seasons ago suggests he's not infallible. How many duds has Bollan signed? Proctor (bombscare), Fitzpatrick (as a centrehalf like Bollan originally meant), Gray (totally ineffective), Joe Hamill (as hopless as Morgan), Jack Kirwan... I'll counter that by saying some of his signings are really good. Docherty, Barr, Gilfillan, and his loan signings last season looked decent. It does show a trend though that we get better players during the winter window when better quality players with a point to prove for a few months on the cheap whilst using us as a stepping stone is more fruitful for us than taking what we can get during the summer window when we're outpriced constantly.

Away and don't talk mince. Why would you sign a 6'5" striker and not use his height to the team's advantage. He showed on Saturday he has no strength to get in behind the defence and because of this didn't have a chance to get a shot off.

Saying "I watched a highlights reel on Youtube" is on a par with saying "he has good stats on Football Manager".

He's taller than me, and I'm 6'4.

Archived