Alloa vs Rangers Sunday 16th August

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we have been deprived of any sort of cohesive football for a while now , didn't see the rangers fans at the game celebrating like we had won the champions league, merely clapped the team off the park, is that not allowed....

Of course you are allowed however spunking over a piece of skill that lost you possession is a bit far. Where did I mention fans celebrating like they had won the champions league? You should be beating teams like Alloa, even last season you should have beaten us comparing teams on the park but you didn't. Guys on facebook posting about ' getting justification for results against us last season' is extremely embarrassing when you consider the calibre of player. It's good to see fans having a 'warburton love in' but when the tables turn again and some results don't go your way you will all be greeting again and playing infront of 10,000 once again showing the fans ' do walking away'. I've supported Alloa for a long time and have always been there through the shite times and have never stopped attending because results weren't going our way but Rangers fans seem to think they should be pumping everyone they play which will probably be the case this season

Well beaten yesterday by a team that will hammer better than us this season.

As for the Oduwa show-boat i have no problem with this, would love to have a player in our team that had the ability and confidence to try this, the guy looks a player and if he can pull it off then fair play to him. It should also be noted that Lennon is playing down the incident basically saying that football is there for entertainment and flair players with something a bit special should be welcomed.

For us i agree with Martyn, Lennon needs to decide who is his first choice keeper and who is going to play with Hill in central defence and stick with it for a spell, McNeil is horrendous though, and what the feck was he wearing yesterday, his tracky botttoms looked like he had just nicked them off a washing line from the bottom end, i just prey that DC can re-gain his form and confidence before to long.

Don't see why people are talking about a non issue he's a confident lad who tried something that didn't come off no big deal even I ended up laughing watching him play and the ease he was breezing past us, If you can't admire good players then you're in/watching the wrong sport.

Rangers FC ‏@RangersFC 3 mins3 minutes agoThe manager says he found this morning's back page headlines on Nathan Oduwa: "quite incredible

He's new to the Scottish media, to be fair.

I suspect Hamilton has been merely a bit naive here and responded to a loaded question from the media. Danny Lennon gave a different opion and, rightly IMO, praised Oduwa's skill and desire to entertain.

I would have had even less of a problem with Hamilton taking some retribution on the pitch. ;)

I remember del piero (?) Ripping Alex cleland a new one in the Champs league, the difference in class was something else.

These allow players need to get over themselves, they got the better of us last season and we dealt with it, now they have to deal with it.

We were in the ground after the game and noticed them collaring Hamilton while conducting his warm down. Thought it was bizarre at the time that they were seeking him of all people. Now it all makes sense. They got their quote, job done, back pages written.

Well they couldn't write much about their default topic as Rangers played some really good stuff and no one got injured. >_>

I don't hate rangers. I just think the way the fans are going on about beating a part time team a bit embarrassing is all. I for one wouldn't be celebrating like that if Alloa humped Montrose - it's expected when a team of Rangers's caliber plays a team of Alloa's no?

What would you like us to do ? I don't think their was any over celebration from Rangers fans yesterday in Alloa , just people pleased that the signs of improvement are definitely there after the disaster out 3 seasons we had previously

I remember del piero (?) Rippinug Alex cleland a new one in the Champs league, the difference in class was something else.These allow players need to get over themselves, they got the better of us last season and we dealt with it, now they have to deal with it.

Hamilton wasnt at the club last year.

Sounds like this social media thing is full of roasters and brain donors. Who'da thunk it?

That young lad with the Nineties haircut is quite right to try and entertain his team's fans when the pressure's off. It's not like he nutmegged Hamilton and waited so he could do it again or anything disrespectful like that. You can understand Hamilton's frustration straight after the game, but I've no doubt he'll have a more easygoing attitude to the whole thing now. Storm in a teacup from the papers, yet again.

Well done to the Bears on finally giving us another hiding; let's see how it goes in the inevitable Petrofac rematch once DL's had a few more months with the team :P

its funny how the media have been spouting for years about how we need to get people going to games again, get kids interested in football and make it something worth watching and selling outwith the country again

and yet when someone tries to entertain the fans with an attempt at an albeit outrageous bit of skill, its deemed taking the piss, out of order etc etc

would the media simply prefer if both teams launch high balls for 90 minutes to each other, thats way more entertaining (it isnt really, after the last 3 years trust me i know how bad a long ball makes you feel)

also, if yesterday is disrespecting the alloa boy, then every single team that ally faced as rangers manager that decided to play actually ball on the deck football against us was also disrespectful seeing as rangers at the time couldnt fucking manage it :(

Archived