9th v 10th

Well, surely we can't be as chronic as yesterday, surely? Devlin, McLauchlan, Muir and Moore all back for this I think, so we should have a full squad to pick from. Will McCall change the formation or go with the 4231? Would like him to go for it with the Caldwell and Moore, but can't see him changing tactics. Should we go 4231 I'd go for:

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Campbell Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Forrest Trouten Donald

Moore

Subs: Newman, Muir, Murphy, Adams, Nizzy, Gilmour, Caldwell

Gerry and Campbell had a good partnership the last time out against Brechin so I would go back to that and get the Docherty/Crawford partnership back. Forrest/Trouten/Donald is our best 3 to play in behind the striker and I would like to see what Moore has.

2-0 with Moore and Forrest scoring and hopefully back on track......

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's result brought us all right down to earth, but leagues aren't won on the opening day. We have a good squad with good players and if Moore can perform he will be a real find. I'd expect us to get back on track next week as Brechin are going to take another few weeks before they get things right, after all Dodds is just finding his feet in management. Also, we badly missed Docherty in midfield and with Nicky back at RB we will look a lot better.

Going for 2-0 Ayr with Trouten and Moore scoring.

Is this a 6 pointer / must win yet?

Hopefully the lads coming back will settle the squad down a bit, did McCall not say something about still looking to add to the squad for a bit of depth?

Well, surely we can't be as chronic as yesterday, surely? Devlin, McLauchlan, Muir and Moore all back for this I think, so we should have a full squad to pick from. Will McCall change the formation or go with the 4231? Would like him to go for it with the Caldwell and Moore, but can't see him changing tactics. Should we go 4231 I'd go for:

Fleming

Devlin McLauchlan Campbell Boyle

Docherty Crawford

Forrest Trouten Donald

Moore

Subs: Newman, Muir, Murphy, Adams, Nizzy, Gilmour, Caldwell

Gerry and Campbell had a good partnership the last time out against Brechin so I would go back to that and get the Docherty/Crawford partnership back. Forrest/Trouten/Donald is our best 3 to play in behind the striker and I would like to see what Moore has.

2-0 with Moore and Forrest scoring and hopefully back on track......

Campbell's performance on Saturday was an absolute atrocity to behold, kept panicking and leathering the ball up the park for an Albion Rovers goal kick and was brutally outpaced by John Gemmell.

Would much rather have Murphy starting, even if he was nae prize either.

Campbell's performance on Saturday was an absolute atrocity to behold, kept panicking and leathering the ball up the park for an Albion Rovers goal kick and was brutally outpaced by John Gemmell.

Would much rather have Murphy starting, even if he was nae prize either.

Campbell may have been panicking it clear for a goal kick but Murphy on the other hand was slowing the game down so he could float it into the goalkeepers hands.

Still think McCall should have punted the pair of them in the summer.

Only saw the highlights but the Pars keeper looked pretty busy against Brechin. Could be another hard shift for the Ayr fans on Saturday.

There's no way McCall will let the players have the turn up and take the points attitude w had last week. However, I think this game will be harder than the one of two weeks ago.

Only saw the highlights but the Pars keeper looked pretty busy against Brechin. Could be another hard shift for the Ayr fans on Saturday.

We had a good 15 minute spell 2 nd half but if I m honest Pars had taken foot off gas but at the same time we played some good stuff in that spell?

If Ian McCall has Brian Gilmour holding mid, crawford attacking mid and trouten on the wing like he did on Saturday we won't even manage to beat Brechin at home!

Seemed absolutely daft not to have Gilmour wide right who had been doing well there of late, Crawford holding & Trouten through the middle where he is so much more effective!!

Archived