ICTFC v PTFC : 12/08/15

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'll see Seaborne and Frans come back in, Osman and Bannigan in midfield with Amoo,Stevenson and Lawless with Pogba upfront. is this too early to start calling games as a 6 pointer?

I think we'll see Seaborne and Frans come back in, Osman and Bannigan in midfield with Amoo,Stevenson and Lawless with Pogba upfront. is this too early to start calling games as a 6 pointer?

Yes. Obviously.

Inverness were our bitches last season (outwith that shambolic Scottisg cup game). Hopefully that continues.

2-0. Pogba and Frans.

Hopefully our form against this lot continues it will be great to get the 6 points this week from this then the tottie howkers at home id definetly look at playing pogba and amoo with the breif run out they got today they looked like theyd cause real problems in this league the crowd and atmosphere in general all lifted today with the intro of big pogba gotta start him if fit enough

ICT are playing with a makeshift defence so i'd start Pogba to rough them up a bit. Maybe even play a 4-3-3 to fit Welsh, Banzo and Osman in midfield.

Our results against Inverness last season were pretty good so the players should be fairly confident about this one.

I'm assuming Frans will be back for this and Hendry will drop out.

I'd like to see us go baws oot and start with Amoo, Lawless and Pogba.

A draw would be fine.

I'd personally opt for Hendry over Lindsay. Looks the better of the two at present.

Any Thistle fan going to this? If it had been this week when I was off on holiday I'd maybe have chosen to make the long journey. Definitely not now and fair play to anyone that does.

With pre-emptive apologies to ICT fans who have to make many more long journeys than us, we've been done over this season by the computer- 3 scheduled midweek fixtures and they are all away- Inverness, Aberdeen, and St Johnstone. Great. Giving this one a miss due to having to work for a living.

Still don't know quite what to make of us yet this season, the first game was a write off after 25 minutes when we went down to 10 men and today was a write off as we permashit the bed vs Celtic so not really had a chance to see us unhindered as it were. Obviously we've had a decent league record vs ICT the last couple of years but I'm sure they wouldn't have swapped it for the win in the cup game.

Big call for Archie as to who he plays at CB, think it might well be the two experienced guys, as well as Lindsay and Hendry have done. Other than that, I'd give Pogba a go for an hour from the start with Dools and Stevenson on the bench.

Have we ever drawn at ICT away in the league, for some reason I don't think we have, or if we have it's not many...but I'd take it.

Im off on holiday this week so gonna head up just checked the train prices 60 quid and theres no train back till morning so thats out the window i live in falkirk so no buses leave from here il drive up but id rather have a few beers any1 thats driving up that could take another passenger would be greatly appreciated help with yet fuel bill you pass out this way on way up on motorway . I can only try ey.

I wonder if we're going to go more 4-3-3 this season rather than 4-2-3-1 and have Osman, Bannigan and Welsh starting - with Stevenson dropped. Amoo - Pogba - Lawless is definitely worth a shot up there.

Frans should come back in but Seaborne can stay benched. Can drop either of Hendry and Lindsay; they're both very good.

No idea who will be playing for us and who is returning from injury but maybe this makeshift first 11 might work in our favour here. Looking forward to seeing Christie back on form and both he and Mutombo creating panic and mayhem in the Partick defending.

Looks like the Motherwell performance gave us a much needed kick up the backside.

Frans and Lindsay would be my preferred CBs but I'm not really arsed which pair we go with. I'd start Osman, Bannigan and Welsh and go for a more 4-3-3, then stick Pogba upfront with Amoo and Lawless outwide.

How do ICTs defence look given that Warren is injured and Shinnie has gone? Shit hopefully.

I'll be there because I'm a true fan unlike most of you cuntos.

Frans and Lindsay would be my preferred CBs but I'm not really arsed which pair we go with. I'd start Osman, Bannigan and Welsh and go for a more 4-3-3, then stick Pogba upfront with Amoo and Lawless outwide.

How do ICTs defence look given that Warren is injured and Shinnie has gone? Shit hopefully.

I'll be there because I'm a true fan unlike most of you cuntos.

Our defence is very makeshift at the moment as Meekings and Tremarco are out injured as well. We'll go with

Raven-Draper-Devine-Williams at the back. Draper did ok on Saturday but was caught out for the goal and as he was up against John Sutton for most of the game, a striker or two with pace could trouble us.

We looked a bit better going forward against Saints by all accounts which is promising. I doubt Partick Thistle will sit back as much as Motherwell did on the opening day given the current state of our defence, which could lead to more opportunities for us to get in behind.

A win here would be very welcome indeed given that we're away to Celtic at the weekend.

I don't see any reason to drop Lindsay or Hendry for this one.

Lawless was poor on Sunday, and Amoo poor at Hamilton but I would go with the pair of them supporting Pogba at the start, with Doolan coming on when Pogba tires. Not sure about the balance of the midfield 3 so far, none of them have looked threatening so far, although two tricky games to judge that on. Not sure who out of Stevo, Osman, Welsh, Bannigan and Fraser I would play.

Hopefully we can get a win but would happily take a win with us being more of a threat going forward.

Hopefully we can get a win but would happily take a win with us being more of a threat going forward.

#winning

Based on what I've seen so far I think I'd go with Osman / Bannigan / Welsh as our middle 3, Stevenson doesn't quite seem up to speed yet, probably at least partly related to missing the start of pre-season. Also think Doolan should start with Pogba coming on either for him or for one of the midfielders depending on the game situation.

No idea who I'd pick at the back but think we'll see a left / right foot combination, most likely Frans and Lindsay.

"Frans is the best centre back at the club"

There's your reason.

He very possibly is, and I assume that is an Archie quote? To me though you pick on form and right now Hendry and Lindsay are very much in form and I would keep them together for this one.

He very possibly is, and I assume that is an Archie quote? To me though you pick on form and right now Hendry and Lindsay are very much in form and I would keep them together for this one.

No, it's a quote of a fact.

You play your best centre back if he's fit and not suspended. End of story.

John Hughes talking up Partick Thistle and the number of quality players they can bring in compared to ourselves in The Inverness Courier.

Good news is that we might see Vincent, Tremarco, Doran and Roberts back tomorrow night, maybe expect one or two of these to start. Unlikely we will see Iain Vigurs.

Archived