Livingston V QoS

Having seen the Kidd challenge again i think we dodged a bullet there - crazy reckless challenge in a midfield area where there was no danger and in the modern game no place for that type of challenge whether it was one footed or not.

Cant see how it was Hippolyte's fault - he clearly took a sore one.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just a possibility. I'm sure there are others that are fed up with the shenanigans in the board room. It was a nice day, most people are back from their holidays so you would expect a few PATG punters but it didn't happen.

I'd agree with you there, constant boardroom battles spilling into court cases and fines/points deductions from the SFA wont be helping.

I've mates who have missed the last couple of games because of hols and other engagements that are more appealing to them than the football when the weather is good too, might be the same with others and things will settle next month.

Having seen the Kidd challenge again i think we dodged a bullet there - crazy reckless challenge in a midfield area where there was no danger and in the modern game no place for that type of challenge whether it was one footed or not.

Cant see how it was Hippolyte's fault - he clearly took a sore one.

I can see how Kidd could have been sent off... Jumped in studs showing but Hippolyte was not touched and his reaction was a cheating embarrassment.

So maybe the ref recognised what a cheating c**t he was and gave our goal scorer the benefit of the doubt.

What was Hutton like when he came on?

He was slow and off the pace.

Maybe lacking in match fitness. But if he wants to start in our central midfield then he will have to show much more intent and eagerness otherwise he will be a bit part and gone in January.

On Lyle's disallowed goal... Your keeper had a brain freeze and juggled the ball to Lyle.

Good goal.

It was a good goal but rightly disallowed, DJ obv caught sight of your player out the side of his eye and tried to catch the ball as he was going to kick it. Had he gone through with the kick he'd have been obstructed.

Can only imagine you're at the wind up with your Hippo comment too.

I Had he gone through with the kick he'd have been obstructed.

If he had kicked it, he would have been obstructed. Is that grounds to disallow the goal?

That's like saying a perfect slide tackle is a foul, because if the player who got tackled had rolled the ball forward then his ankles would have been caught..

Fact is your keeper wasn't obstructed and gave the ball to the opposition.

DJ obv caught sight of your player out the side of his eye and tried to catch the ball as he was going to kick it.

I am not sure that changes anything. The keeper decided to avoid the foul and in so doing gave the ball to the opponents.

In the slide tackle example, that is like jumping over the leg and leaving the ball behind.

The goal should clearly have stood and it would have been unfortunate for your keeper and club.

In reality how would the PATG punters even know the game was on?

Pretty much zero publicity and not even a wee leaflet stuck in the window of the Almondvale suite to notify people walking past that there was a game coming up.

I agree that much more could be done to let people know the game is on but if anyone is in the area is even slightly interested in football and fancied taking in a game, they would look up the fixtures to see which games are on locally.

I used to do it when in England or Ireland and went to quite a few games. I didn't buy a local paper and didn't go near stadiums or shops to see it advertised.

I'd agree with you there, constant boardroom battles spilling into court cases and fines/points deductions from the SFA wont be helping.

I've mates who have missed the last couple of games because of hols and other engagements that are more appealing to them than the football when the weather is good too, might be the same with others and things will settle next month.

Working on my golf handicap is more appealing to me at the moment. Once the winter comes in I'll probably pick and choose some games around Scotland or the north of England to go to. Almondvale is out as I don't think my ban by the "Trust" has ever been lifted ;)

If he had kicked it, he would have been obstructed. Is that grounds to disallow the goal?

That's like saying a perfect slide tackle is a foul, because if the player who got tackled had rolled the ball forward then his ankles would have been caught..

Fact is your keeper wasn't obstructed and gave the ball to the opposition.

I am not sure that changes anything. The keeper decided to avoid the foul and in so doing gave the ball to the opponents.

In the slide tackle example, that is like jumping over the leg and leaving the ball behind.

The goal should clearly have stood and it would have been unfortunate for your keeper and club.

Nope disagree with you, he influenced the kick out from DJ so still say it was the correct decision by the ref. He was coming from behind him and would've been across him as he kicked it, the fact he caused DJ to stop kicking it and trying to catch hold of the ball is enough for the goal to be disallowed.

Nope disagree with you, he influenced the kick out from DJ so still say it was the correct decision by the ref. He was coming from behind him and would've been across him as he kicked it, the fact he caused DJ to stop kicking it and trying to catch hold of the ball is enough for the goal to be disallowed.

No foul was committed. You can't disallow the goal because of something that may have happened, had the keeper attempted to kick the ball. The ref got that one wrong, as well as a few other decisions in the game.

Archived