Livingston V QoS

Thought we played great in first half and should have been well ahead. On many occasions you get punished if you dont take your chances - thankfully not this time.

Thoroughly deserved the win and James Fowler must take enormous credit for replacing so many quality players and although it is very early days the squad is arguably stronger than it was last year. We certainly have more options in midfield and up front.

Dowie and Higgy were immense once again - keep saying it but cant nderstand why we dont give both two year deals. I shudder to think what would happen if we lose either of them or both.

good team performance - Aiden Smith did very well when he came on - he is goingto play a big part in things if he continues to improve at this rate

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Less than 700 home fans today - that's got to be worrying for Livi?!

Probably more worrying than the performance to be honest, certainly to the new owners anyway. Hospitality, new strip, new sponsor, discounts available to season ticket holders, all championed by the club just this week. Result? A drop in attendance of over 300 on the corresponding fixture with Queens last season (albeit that was in late October, which arguably should have lead to a bigger crowd today, what with it being summer and all).

The population of Livingston have next to no interest in the club.

Can't really complain about the result, 1st half QoS were the better team and really should've been ahead, but I was optimistic of our chances of grinding out a draw going into HT with 3 corners on the trot and growing into the game.

2nd half I thought we were pretty solid at the back without offering much of a goal threat, was always hoping we could get a bit of luck inside the box from a corner buy wasn't to be. Strange goal they scored, I wasn't happy we had everyone back defending the corner as the ball is always going to come back from a clearance and that's what happened, still looked a tame effort trundling into the goals.

Would've liked to have seen Mullen and Buchanan subbed with 20 mins to go and put White and Sheerin on, Sheerin is a far better target man than anyone we have and will play in White or Glen. Thought Glen put himself about a bit and did well, hope he keeps it up.

Anyway we were a lot better at the back than last week and once Gordon is baack next game we should be even better. Still need to get better up from though as we've yet to score in the league.

I guess that was deserved rather than comfortable. Another game where we never really looked like losing but at 0-0, particularly, there was always the feeling that Livy might snatch a goal, especially when they had a set piece.

Livingston really didnt look great at all. No real control in midfield and very little up front. What was with Hippolyte at left back? Some kind of tactical master stroke by Burchill or just "needs must"? Either way he was rank rotten! And how he avoided a booking is anyones guess.

Be interesting to see Lyles disallowed goal again. For me, Hilson didnt do an awful lot wrong, seemed like Jamieson ran into him and spilled the ball

Happy with the three points, a victory ground out. We played much better in the first half with nothing to show for it, the second half was more even but we got the goal that mattered.

I was reading the report on the QOS official site, it made it sound much more comfortable than it felt, particularly the last 15 minutes which were 'nervy'. Looking back, Thomson didn't have a real 'save' to make, he comfortably dealt with a few attempts, but when it's only 1-0 and the other team are throwing balls into the box, the ball can end up in the back of net...

I've managed to catch all Queens games so far, and it's good to have 4 wins, despite never really 'firing on all cylinders'. The team is still 'work-in-progress', but there enough signs there for some cautious optimism. Presumably Brownlie, Hutton and Heffernan will all be expecting to be in the team more often than not, but they have to win their places and there was nobosy starting yesterday who looked like a weak link.

It's very early days, and undoubtedly there are games ahead where we'll play well and lose, but putting 6 points on the board this early is good.

Shame I can't make next week's game at Dumbarton, it could be a cracker.

I'd imagine the game on Tuesday will see some players like Hutton and Heffernan (and Tipping?) getting a run out.

Onwards and upwards.

Yeah hopefully give tapping and higgins ,hutton some game time tuesday and aidan smith although not surw fowler will make that many changes.Winning team and all that.

I guess that was deserved rather than comfortable. Another game where we never really looked like losing but at 0-0, particularly, there was always the feeling that Livy might snatch a goal, especially when they had a set piece.

Livingston really didnt look great at all. No real control in midfield and very little up front. What was with Hippolyte at left back? Some kind of tactical master stroke by Burchill or just "needs must"? Either way he was rank rotten! And how he avoided a booking is anyones guess.

Be interesting to see Lyles disallowed goal again. For me, Hilson didnt do an awful lot wrong, seemed like Jamieson ran into him and spilled the ball

We only have one left back long ridge who went off at half time against raith injured. Jamison threw the ball up to kick it and Kyle kicked it out his hands, that's against the rules. Starighforward decision for the ref. we've seen that a few times in the past. Be interested to hear queens fans views on kidds challenge, looked he left the ground and lunged in, contact or not, that's usually a red.

We only have one left back long ridge who went off at half time against raith injured. Jamison threw the ball up to kick it and Kyle kicked it out his hands, that's against the rules. Starighforward decision for the ref. we've seen that a few times in the past. Be interested to hear queens fans views on kidds challenge, looked he left the ground and lunged in, contact or not, that's usually a red.

My initial reaction was the ref was going to produce a red, was certainly a strong tackle which was made to look worse because Hippolyte was on the ground.

I didnt see anyone kick the ball out of Jamiesons hands but if they did then you're right. There wasnt much complaint from the Queens players, so I guess I missed the kick.

What was Hutton like when he came on?

Worryingly off the pace, but he didnt really have time to get involved.

My initial reaction was the ref was going to produce a red, was certainly a strong tackle which was made to look worse because Hippolyte was on the ground.

The ref certainly had that "red card" look about the way he went to his pocket and raced towards Kidd. Hippolytes writhing was pretty embarrassing <_<

Kidd definitely left the ground but only challenged with one foot and I dont think his studs were particularly up or that he made a lot of contact. It is the kind of challenge that gives the ref a decision, as it were.

At the time I said Kidd challenge was a booking. Everyone round about seemed to think it should have been red.

Kyle Hutton didn't really impress me when he came on. He looked like he's had one too many doughnuts over the summer.

I thought that Jamieson was still in control of the ball when Jacobs played it so wasn't too surprised when the referee disallowed the "goal". I'm not too sure if the ref actually saw what happened as he looked to have turned his back and maybe got a word in his ear from his assistant or maybe just took the easy option of accepting the defending team's version. Either way it looked to me like he got it right.

Not too sure he made the right choice with Kidd's booking tho. Jumping in, straight leg, studs showing tackle looked a straight red to me at the time. Doesn't matter if it's one footed or two and doesn't matter if the Livi player overreacted or was genuinely injured, I think we got a break with that one. I would have been screaming for a red card if an opposition player put in a tackle like that on a Queens player. Double whammy for Livi as Kidd then went on to score the winning goal. Ouch!

I don't think there can be any doubt that, over the piece, Queens deserved their win, but we really need to be taking more of the scoring chances that are created or we could easily get hit with a sucker punch.

ETA: I can see it being a long, nerve-wracking season if we are going to sit back and defend one goal leads, especially against teams we should be looking to take more goals off.

Archived