Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taiwo, Vaulks and Kerr are the only players we have in midfield who wouldn't be considered creative.

I count 6 creative midfielders in the squad but only 1 has had a consist run of starts. Id be more inclined to give a run of games to these players and if still nothing's changed think about bringing in players.

I think we need to go with two out the Vaulks, Taiwo and kerr unless Vaulks is centre half. These three together maybe fine if we are playing a Hibs or Rangers but when against the others where attacking options should be at a prime, those three shouldn't start in midfield.

My head went down on Saturday, when it was announced it was them 3 starting.

A 3-5-2 formation may suit us if Duffie is fit, Houstie loves a sitting midfielder or two and we could accommodate sibbs in centre.

Something needs to change, as we are showing the footballing form of the tail end of last season

I'll take a draw. Falkirk are still a good team. Have you replaced Alston or is that still ongoing?

Hasn't been consistent over the last season or so, I thot he was our best midfielder v Shire and was dropped. He didn't do much on Saturday tho when he came on

Rogers

Muirhead-Watson-Grant-Leahy

Taiwo-Vaulks

Smith-Sibbald-Alston

McHugh

I would've happily dropped Vaulks after Saturday but what's the alternative? I think this formation would play more attacking than the usual 4-4-2. Smith and Alston have the engines to be box-to-box for 90 minutes.

Could put 2 goals away playing like this, bring Baird on after 60 minutes to fight for his place.

Still pleased we grabbed 3 and kept the clean sheet with a slightly "weakened" side on Saturday so it'll be pretty interesting to see our squad this weekend, especially with Bene/Bates ... Like others have said Bates has been good and done nothing wrong, but Bene/Toshney pre-season looked spectacular ...

I'm also another who's not been overly impressed with Wighton, but the lad is 17/18 and in a new environment, could just need a few more games to click so I think I'd keep him & Stewart "up-top" for the time being !

Davo back as well makes me question where/if he will fit in anywhere, although I definitely can't see us dropping Callachan/McCord at this moment in time, I still question why he signed when we have cover everywhere he plays (makes me think there must be something more E.G McKinnon wanting to use him as a 1 to help the other 1 hes playing beside with experience perhaps ? God knows) ... Just struck me, it's a strange feeling talking about having so many different options, can't say I've done that a lot of the last few years ...

Saying that though I still think this has a draw written all over it (which I would take) ... Baird will score (as always) and the Falkirk doom/gloom usually means we play mince ... 1-1 for me, Baird and Stewart :)

If the rumours about Shankland coming in are true then it gives us even more options as well.

Davidson will be on bench again as he's lacking match fitness but I would have reckoned, ideally, this is the type of match McKinnon would want an out and out defensive midfielder playing.

The good thing about the Rovers just now is we could probably play about 4 or 5 different formations, with different personnel, and still look a threat.

What's that like?

I don't know either, I think DDD is maybe getting a wee bit carried away but to be fair it's all kinda new to us really as it's been so long since we had anything more than 1 dimensional on the park in front of us. Sort of exciting and confusing as feck at the same time. :lol:

I don't know either, I think DDD is maybe getting a wee bit carried away but to be fair it's all kinda new to us really as it's been so long since we had anything more than 1 dimensional on the park in front of us. Sort of exciting and confusing as feck at the same time. :lol:

We've already played 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 so far in competitive matches. The 4-3-3 could easily be with 2 wide strikers or 2 central strikers with 1 off. Alternatively could play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-1-2-1-2 diamond, or even try wing backs with 3 at the back.

What I'm trying to say we have players who are versatile enough to allow for changes in formation but not take away what they offer to us. It marks a big change from Murray's 4-5-1 or 4-4-2 with long punts up into the corners for 90 minutes every single week.

Starting 11 vs East Stirlingshire > East Fife + Morton

Rogers

Muirhead Watson Grant Leahy

Smith Vaulks Sibbald Alston

Baird McHugh

Bowman, Dick, McCracken, Kerr, Taiwo, Shepherd, *New Striker*

Think if Duffie is fit then him for Muirhead and similarly if Botti fit him for Shepherd......................New Striker................aye.......... :lol::blink:

Now that cancers like McGlynn and Murray are out of Scottish football, what is likely to be expected from the Rovers?

We technically should win this but it's getting to stage where a loss wouldn't surprise me. Overload our left side and its game over

Bit harsh to call Mcglynn a cancer. He is limited tactically, but we only are where are due to his work ethic. People forget how utterly dreadful we were before him.

Then back to shite after he left.

Then back to shite after he left.

McGlynn's last season with us, exciting though it was to avoid relegation, was pretty tortuous in terms of football. Only Graham and Jamie Walker made it bearable to watch. His first full season with us, for that matter was fairly similar to Murray's time (albeit at a lower level), stodgy, defective midfield, wingers who flatter to deceive, strikers struggling to make double figures and dodgy keeper after dodgy keeper.

McGlynn's last season with us, exciting though it was to avoid relegation, was pretty tortuous in terms of football. Only Graham and Jamie Walker made it bearable to watch. His first full season with us, for that matter was fairly similar to Murray's time (albeit at a lower level), stodgy, defective midfield, wingers who flatter to deceive, strikers struggling to make double figures and dodgy keeper after dodgy keeper.

I know, but for pure hard work McGlynn wins hands down. Although the football was annoying, he was a better motivator than Murray. Bert had much better players at his disposal and turn them to shit. If McGlynn had that luxury back then we wouldn't be struggling like we did under Murray.

Archived