Falkirk v Raith

Behave you fucking idiot.

We will wait and see if Livingston are better than us next week. To say at team you beat 3-0 is better than a team you lost to is just garbage trolling.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't say I'd agree that Livi were better than Falkirk, although if you're basing it on how many goalscoring chances were created against us, then aye, Livingston created more.

By the same token however, we opened them up far more than we did against Falkirk yesterday. I'd certainly expect Falkirk to be miles clear of the Amber Machine by the season's end based on the last two performances.

As for yesterday's game, I felt that Kerr was pretty much the difference, as has often been the case against us. McCord and Callachan just didn't get to grips with him.

Additionally, it's clear that unlike Stewart and Vaughan, Stewart and Wighton don't have a great understanding. Early days, but we could really do with that clicking soon.

We certainly look solid at the back, and I don't really think it that lop sided when Benedictus went off. Falkirk weren't actually creating too much, other than a Baird chance which was blocked and a duff finish from Shepherd. It was possibly because of that that Kerr decided to have a bash.

After that we really should have hit the target with those two chances in injury-time.

A better balance in the middle of the park, and a decent combination up-front and we could do okay this season.

What's the matter with some of you? It wasn't a classic but I've seen much worse games of football, were you just expecting it to be shite so you come on here and moan accordingly? That goes for both teams tbh, Falkirk looked pretty decent going forward, we were picking their pockets all over midfield and shooting off usually towards the corners, but with the lack of a striker we were ultimately firing blanks as nothing troubled the keeper or looked on target until about 70 mins. I thought Kerr played pretty well I was pleased that he got his name on the score sheet. Sibs looked a wee bit scared at times. The main stand lineman looked like his head was somewhere else today

Where is all the Kerr hate coming from? Yesterday was the first game I've managed since the cup final but to me it looked as though he's picked up from where he left off (a solid dependable part of our midfield). Was it a vastly different performance from Morton and pre-season?

Edit: Should have specified that the negativity hasn't been as apparent on this thread.

Benedictus' first yellow looked very harsh. I thought he and Baird turned into each other, without any intent from either party. Second yellow was stuck on though.

Exactly how I saw it. Baird had gone down easy just before and Bene just simply naive in trying to get close to the ball. It was one of a number of fouls the ref blew for when it simply want needed. From that point on though he couldn't go into tackles like he had been and therefore the 2nd yellow was just stupid from him.

As for the game Falkirk were the better side. I can't believe we never put anyone on Kerr. He dominated us once again and strolled the game. We should have been 3 in the middle and nullified. It shows McCord cannot play against top teams in a midfield 2. Craigan should have come into the centre and Megginson on to go wide left.

For as bad as we played we still had a few great chances. Header off the line in 1st half but Stewart simply has to score when 1 on 1. It just confirms that we are woefully short upfront and really need someone in fast.

For Falkirk's goal I kept saying one of their shots would go in. They kept having a go and most of the time slicing it wide or over but eventually someone would hit one right so again we only have ourselves to blame for not putting any pressure on Kerr were he struck it.

I don't really get this Rovers were physical thing though. From what I saw it wasn't a physical game in the slightest but looked it when (a) you have Baird rolling about every time he's breathed upon, and (b) a whistle and card happy ref. The time when he blew for a foul and gave it to Rovers then changed his mind and gave it to Falkirk summed it up.

Where is all the Kerr hate coming from? Yesterday was the first game I've managed since the cup final but to me it looked as though he's picked up from where he left off (a solid dependable part of our midfield). Was it a vastly different performance from Morton and pre-season?

Edit: Should have specified that the negativity hasn't been as apparent on this thread.

He was one of our best players yesterday but has been absolutely fucking dire in pre season and the cup games. Good to see him pick things up a little.

Exactly how I saw it. Baird had gone down easy just before and Bene just simply naive in trying to get close to the ball. It was one of a number of fouls the ref blew for when it simply want needed. From that point on though he couldn't go into tackles like he had been and therefore the 2nd yellow was just stupid from him.

As for the game Falkirk were the better side. I can't believe we never put anyone on Kerr. He dominated us once again and strolled the game. We should have been 3 in the middle and nullified. It shows McCord cannot play against top teams in a midfield 2. Craigan should have come into the centre and Megginson on to go wide left.

For as bad as we played we still had a few great chances. Header off the line in 1st half but Stewart simply has to score when 1 on 1. It just confirms that we are woefully short upfront and really need someone in fast.

For Falkirk's goal I kept saying one of their shots would go in. They kept having a go and most of the time slicing it wide or over but eventually someone would hit one right so again we only have ourselves to blame for not putting any pressure on Kerr were he struck it.

I don't really get this Rovers were physical thing though. From what I saw it wasn't a physical game in the slightest but looked it when (a) you have Baird rolling about every time he's breathed upon, and (b) a whistle and card happy ref. The time when he blew for a foul and gave it to Rovers then changed his mind and gave it to Falkirk summed it up.

I agree with all of this apart from the last sentence, the linesman had originally given it to raith then Changed his mind, the foul was for a shove in the back after the Falkirk player had won the ball in the air, how can that possibly be a free kick to raith?

He was one of our best players yesterday but has been absolutely fucking dire in pre season and the cup games. Good to see him pick things up a little.

Kerr was good but I thought Watson was the best player on the park

We will wait and see if Livingston are better than us next week. To say at team you beat 3-0 is better than a team you lost to is just garbage trolling.

Since when has fact become intertwined with trolling?

I have seen both sides, thus I am able to comment, now, away back in your box keyboard thumper.

He had a poor pre season, dropped for the Shire game and was poor again vs Morton. Considering the strength we have in the middle of the park I don't think it was ott for many (including myself) asking for him to be dropped. He played really well tbf, and between him, Vaulks, Sibbald and Taiwo, Houston has a major headache who to play in the middle of the park next week.

Also, 3800 crowd. It looked to me to be a lot busier than games last season when there was 3000 odd, maybe most of the season ticket holders turned up yesterday and didn't have their empty seat counted?

Would agree with that. The 3,449 home gate was pretty much bang on par with last season, but the stands looked noticeably more full. ETA: There did seem a lot more kids at the game, I assume they're not counted in the attendance as they get in for free?

Would agree with that. The 3,449 home game was pretty much bang on par with last season, but the stands looked noticeably more full. ETA: There did seem a lot more kids at the game, I assume they're not counted in the attendance as they get in for free?

Everybody that comes through the turnstiles will be included in the attendance, whether they pay or not.

Or at least, they should be.

I agree with all of this apart from the last sentence, the linesman had originally given it to raith then Changed his mind, the foul was for a shove in the back after the Falkirk player had won the ball in the air, how can that possibly be a free kick to raith?

My point was more that I didn't think it was a free kick to either team. I was shocked he'd originally given it our way and Anderson looked the same.

Going by the highlights we seem hard done to. Stewart and Davidson have to go into the sitter category, feel Megginson should've done better at the death too.

Silly from Benedictus when already on a yellow. Batesy against Chopra next week then.

What's the matter with some of you? It wasn't a classic but I've seen much worse games of football, were you just expecting it to be shite so you come on here and moan accordingly? That goes for both teams tbh, Falkirk looked pretty decent going forward, we were picking their pockets all over midfield and shooting off usually towards the corners, but with the lack of a striker we were ultimately firing blanks as nothing troubled the keeper or looked on target until about 70 mins. I thought Kerr played pretty well I was pleased that he got his name on the score sheet. Sibs looked a wee bit scared at times. The main stand lineman looked like his head was somewhere else today

Without the sending off it probably wouldve ended 0-0....

It's not one f style critiscm, its mainly opinions that I see are valid, not sack,die or worst player ever. If it had ended 0-0, some of the one f posts may have appeared.... It's glass half full scenario, room for top up

My point was more that I didn't think it was a free kick to either team. I was shocked he'd originally given it our way and Anderson looked the same.

Ah right I get you now, did not think there was much in it either, just a small barge in the back after the ball had already been played away by the Falkirk player.

Archived