Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk just about shaded it and certainly made the most of the extra man and got the goal we deserved.

For all of the chat about Raith's new style of play, it looked more of the same to me. Not particularly impressed however plenty of time for both teams to improve and I'm sure MacKinnon will get more out of that team.

I don't think we're far away but we'll need to do better and it's pretty obvious that we need another body to play up front with either Baird or McHugh - that partnership isn't the answer.

Not a great game but it wasn't freezing and a decent home win.

What was that stand side assistant on? Absolutely abysmal!

Pretty meh game. Thought we shaded it over the piece. Bad finishes from Alston and Stewart in the games only clear cut chances. Terrific save by Cuthbert from McHugh's header, no idea how he reached it. Best for us were easily McHugh and Kerr..

Kerr's goal was a real comedy moment, catching the entire Falkirk support and Cuthbert by complete surprise - I can't remember a single previous shot from him that didn't end up in row z.

Taiwo and Muirhead being injured, and Vaulks having to play right back was possibly a blessing in disguise. Sibbald was in the middle where he should be, and Smith and Alston playing wide. Didn't leave us with much on the bench though.

Leahy and Smith, and Anderson and McKeown did a pretty good job of totally cancelling each other out. Stewart was lively for Raith, Wighton was disappointing.

We certainly need at least one more striker, two when Biabi goes.

Attendance 3,898 (449 away)

ps The half time entertainment was the worst thing I have ever seen.

pps The main stand linesman was utterly rank, I can only assume he was genuinely partially sighted, given some of his decisions?

ai

The stand side linesman was the most consistent official today. He was consistently wrong for both teams

Two calls made me laugh out loud,one was when our ball was so far out it nearly hit the disabled section and the other was when the Raith player controlled it on the track but neither was given,Finnie was shocking today as well for both teams.

Must have been at a different game there.!Falkirk had a lot of the play but done Zilch, until Benedictus was sent off which change the game Rovers dealt with a punch less Falkirk forward line fairly well,likewise the same with us we have nothing up front and yet again Stewart misses the best chance of the game, Livingston looked more impressive last Saturday than Falkirk did today so don't get to excited by beating a 10 man Rovers team.

Away and throw shite at yourself you clown

Pretty meh game. Thought we shaded it over the piece. Bad finishes from Alston and Stewart in the games only clear cut chances. Terrific save by Cuthbert from McHugh's header, no idea how he reached it. Best for us were easily McHugh and Kerr..

Kerr's goal was a real comedy moment, catching the entire Falkirk support and Cuthbert by complete surprise - I can't remember a single previous shot from him that didn't end up in row z.

Taiwo and Muirhead being injured, and Vaulks having to play right back was possibly a blessing in disguise. Sibbald was in the middle where he should be, and Smith and Alston playing wide. Didn't leave us with much on the bench though.

Leahy and Smith, and Anderson and McKeown did a pretty good job of totally cancelling each other out. Stewart was lively for Raith, Wighton was disappointing.

We certainly need at least one more striker, two when Biabi goes.

Attendance 3,898 (449 away)

ps The half time entertainment was the worst thing I have ever seen.

pps The main stand linesman was utterly rank, I can only assume he was genuinely partially sighted, given some of his decisions?

Away and throw shite at yourself you clown

Behave you fucking idiot.

The bit you highlighted about Kerr is true. In his first time with us, he couldn't hit a coos erse with a banjo.

That was for the benefit of BPM.

However, I did admire the strike, it made the difference in a game that was drifting towards a 0-0

For all of the chat about Raith's new style of play, it looked more of the same to me.

in a nutshell but some think it's a new dawn style of play wise.not impressed by Falkirk either but expect them to finish above us

think this will be another season of bouncing around near bottom,middle of the league again

Everyone seems to agree about today. Nothing in it till the sending off with Falkirk maybe shading it without any real penetration. Then one way traffic after the red.

I thought Rodgers, Watson and McHugh were all really good, particularly McHugh who could be excellent once he gets up to speed.

Smith tried really hard but nothing came off.

I was happy with the win but we really need someone to be a bit more direct. We had a lot of possession but only one proper shot on target and that was the goal. The bench is all like for like changes too so if our game plan isn't working then there's not much Houston can do to change it. Unless we sign someone else!

Great support today!

in a nutshell but some think it's a new dawn style of play wise.not impressed by Falkirk either but expect them to finish above us

think this will be another season of bouncing around near bottom,middle of the league again

Both teams need improvement from today's performance to challenge for the top spots, I was expecting more from Raith with posts pre game, with us, its about close to my expectations with the squad we have. The same players tho have room for improvement and fresh faces required.

Sibbald was good yesterday I thought, we were much improved in the second half when he was on the ball more and further up the park. I'm not sure what you expect from him if you'd drop him after yesterday? Saying you'd stick Taiwo in suggests you'd have Smith or Alston, both of whom are really poor, ahead of Sibbald? I'd have Taiwo in there too bur Sibbald would be the last player I'd drop.

Everyone raving about Smith again just looks ridiculous again, he is hopeless. I will always have a vision in my head of him with a player right in front of him, tamely passing it off him for a throw in. Shepherd wasn't great but he outperformed Smith.

I've seen Vaulks getting stick elsewhere and I thought he played well. The whole defence was good actually apart from the last few minutes when we were doing our best to throw it away. Hopefully hanging on will help build confidence. Watson looks like a great signing.

McHugh and Baird are too similar. Baird was dire yesterday but asking him to play as the furthest man forward isn't making the most of him. Lee Miller is not what's required either, completely shot and it'll just end up with McHugh even further way from goal.

Raith will be fine this season but atm I'd say we look like the better team. Stewart played well, probably cause I'd be hugely determined to get it right up that fanny in the stand who gives him so much abuse and can't speak properly. He's one of the worst Falkirk fans I know. Wighton :lol: didn't a Dundee fab say he was better than Gauld?

I appreciate that this won't go down well...but can we please please please drop Sibbald? He seems completely petrified to do anything and we'd be far better off with Taiwo in there.

Sibbald has gone off the boil, getting dropped for a game might help spur him on again. I used to be expecting something to happen whenever he got on the ball, now he just dithers away taking an age to decide what to do, the sooner he gets his edge back the better.

Archived