Falkirk v Raith

Actually quite enjoyed that, though obviously no classic. Good to see the standard of officiating has continued to decline, in a kink at some of those decisions today.

Expected the Kerr shot to end up in row Z, through bitter Brockville experience. He was tremendous all day though.

I thought Rovers would be right at us today, but we dominated possession without ever getting enough shots on target. Some things never change. Really disappointed with Wighton, I thought he was meant to be shit hot, but he may as well have not got changed. Mark Stewart caused 100x the problems he did.

Nice to see that p***k Benedictus take the long walk.

Oh, and a word for the support. I think that must have been, what 500 up on normal rovers matches, with a lot of new faces and kids around us in the South Stand. Delighted we won for many reasons of course, not least the fact hopefully the win will keep a good number of them interested.

I liked the way he just breathed in and walked,he knew what he had done :lol:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't how u have Vaulks in the list of Alston, Sibbs and Smith. Vaulks was up and down the park, showing Smith how to beat a man and cross and I'd say that was Vaulks best game so far of this season, tho I'd have him in defence full stop.

Shepherds took a jump in height and I imagine that and last seasons injuries have took his electric pace,which was hismain attribute bursting on to the scene, I don't think he's got it without that pace tho has heart and gives 100%

I stated in my post we need two strikers but in reality we need to give them something to finish, the fact I agree on ur Smith, Alston Sibbs being quiet tells its own story and Leahy also was quiet in the going forward role

It's all about opinions.

I thought Vaulks mind was elsewhere today, thought his body language was not his usual, maybe he prefers the middle of the park, who knows.

The goalie looks decent to be fair, Grant and Watson look to have a good understanding. No one can fault the effort Baird puts in but he is not the answer, McHugh looks to be fighting the cause. Also thought Kerr was inspirational even taking the goal out of the equasion.

A pretty flat stadium given it was the first league game of the season. Good to get the 3 points but we need to get about the park quicker and need to up the ante performance-wise ...Finishing in the top 4 is anything but a gimme this season with the super sons setting the pace

and QOS carrying on from last session on a positive vein

Expected the Kerr shot to end up in row Z, through bitter Brockville experience. He was tremendous all day though.

Sure I wasn't the only one who shouted noooo as he was about to shoot....

Sure I wasn't the only one who shouted noooo as he was about to shoot....

For God sake don't shout NOOOO.

They need encouragement to shoot from outside the box, a bit like Arsenal... Can't believe I'm thinking Falkirk and mentioning Arsenal in the same instance ....HELP!!!!

Frustrating result. Not much between the teams until the sending off then it was one way traffic.

Thought we played ok. Liking the look of our defence and midfield but it's up front where we will struggle. Stewart works hard but really should have buried that chance, very poor effort. Grant Anderson off form today. We miss that final bit of creativity and punch in the final third - did someone mention Lewis Vaughan.

Today was a test of whether we can genuinely challenge for a play off. Jury still out I reckon.

At least the parking was free

Best players we had were all signed by Houston. The keeper looks the dogs, Watson strolled the game, McHugh was good and Kerr topped a fine game with his goal.

We lack creativity and a partner for McHugh. Would love to see a Stevie Tosh type in the midfield. The sooner Sinneman plays at RB the better we need balance.

I thought Raith looked organised but lack any penetration. Pretty physical too as were McKinnon's Brechin last season

We are going to be hard to beat this season. If we can add a spark you never know.

A win is a win and of course we will take it. It doesn't hide the fact, however, that we lack ideas in the final third. The front 2 will not do IMO. Baird struggled to control a straight 6 yard pass today and that sums up his abilities

We deserved to win it over the piece. Raiths golden chance near the end masks another boring, turgid visiting team we are going to need to get used to

A win is a win and of course we will take it. It doesn't hide the fact, however, that we lack ideas in the final third. The front 2 will not do IMO. Baird struggled to control a straight 6 yard pass today and that sums up his abilities

We deserved to win it over the piece. Raiths golden chance near the end masks another boring, turgid visiting home team we are going to need to get used to

As has been said, until the red card there was nothing in the game.

Anderson had his poorest game in a long time, and that really killed us. He's a massive part of our attack, given that we don't have anyone attacking down the left, and Wighton and Stewart both rely on receiving the ball close to goal.

We still created a handful of chances, as did Falkirk, but nobody really took the game by the scruff of the neck. I thought David Smith was poor for Falkirk. For the amount of time and space he had, he did very little with it.

Once we were down to ten men, it felt pretty inevitable that Falkirk would score. They were patient, stretched the game, and waited for their chances to come. If we'd snatched an equaliser at the end, I think it would've been a fairer reflection of the whole game, but Falkirk would've obviously been disappointed.

Benedictus' first yellow looked very harsh. I thought he and Baird turned into each other, without any intent from either party. Second yellow was stuck on though.

Obviously it relies on having our best defenders on the park, but we do look very solid at the back. Clearly we need another option up front, though. Wighton is a massive prospect, but he was very much on the periphery today. Hopefully Duncan James and Lee Ryan have something to offer.

Must have been at a different game there.!Falkirk had a lot of the play but done Zilch, until Benedictus was sent off which change the game Rovers dealt with a punch less Falkirk forward line fairly well,likewise the same with us we have nothing up front and yet again Stewart misses the best chance of the game, Livingston looked more impressive last Saturday than Falkirk did today so don't get to excited by beating a 10 man Rovers team.

Also, absolute farce for the parking. One guy saying "aye, just park on the grass" and another guy running about on a power trip "ye cannae park on the grass! I'm gonnae book ye!".

Was down the stadium Friday and clocked the new monoblock carpark wasn't ready and the stuff all dumped behind the North stand car park too.

My 1st thought was 'tomorrow is gonnae be a shambles'

The car park can be a shambles when they don't have a couple of curve balls thrown in.

Falkirk probably just about deserved that on the balance of play. Some strike by Kerr, always impresses when I see him. Thought he was terrific.

We were ok, had the two best chances of the game- Stewart doing his usual and hitting the goalkeeper when clean through and Davidson should have at least hit the target late on. It was an absolute sitter.

Much like the last time we were there, the sending off changed the game as I really couldn't see us losing it when it was 11 v 11.

All in all this was an interesting gauge as to where we are in the scheme of things. And the truth is we're not too far away.

Archived