Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's probably a bit of an insult that you lot hate Cowden-fucking-don't-even-have-a-support-and-ground-is-a-complete-disgrace-beath more than us.

They are non - entities....

Two bald men fighting over a comb today, fortunately we got someone to hold Raith back and pick up the comb in the red card.

Still the physical Raith team but to be honest, we are soft without Taiwo.

Smith his usual pash in the starting 11, McKeown had him in his pocket all game, Alston not up to much, same goes for Sibbs, good job Kerr was more up to it.

Backline fine, up top, its hard to be critical with the non service they get.

How Cooper didn't come on for Smith I'll never know, it was like for like with Shepherd, another player who can't beat a man now his electric pace has gone.

Funny to read Raith fans licking lips over formations and general high 5s regarding their team in posts pre the game... Was it that good ?

We need two strikers, Cooper to deliver or another midfielder in, the midfield at present couldnt create a brick wall with lego. I'll also drive Smith to Raith....looks like he's a good fit

100 times better than last week. I thought raith had scored in the last minute. The only time Baird got in behind the defence he got chopped down, shepherd was 1 on 1 with keeper but I wouldn't be confident about that outcome.

Did raith have a shot on target? I can't remember 1. Constant hoof ball from rovers trying to get Stewart/wighton in behind didn't work, thought grant and especially Watson were superb.

Kerr was like a completely different player from last week. Controlled the midfield. Got about the place and topped it off with a superb strike.

Mchugh was also top notch. Him and Miller could be a very dece pair.

Smith got his chance today and fucked it. Was rank rotten and deserved to be taken off. Alston should've had two before half time but kept at it

Kerr was like a completely different player from last week. Controlled the midfield. Got about the place and topped it off with a superb strike.

Mchugh was also top notch. Him and Miller could be a very dece pair.

Smith got his chance today and fucked it. Was rank rotten and deserved to be taken off. Alston should've had two before half time but kept at it

I thought smith played well, the only person going forward with the ball in the first half. I thought Baird was poor again though

100 times better than last week. I thought raith had scored in the last minute. The only time Baird got in behind the defence he got chopped down, shepherd was 1 on 1 with keeper but I wouldn't be confident about that outcome.

Did raith have a shot on target? I can't remember 1. Constant hoof ball from rovers trying to get Stewart/wighton in behind didn't work, thought grant and especially Watson were superb.

Yeah, pretty much right after Cuthbert clawed the header away, Stewart was played in and the keeper got down well to block. That 90 seconds was pretty much the entirety of both sides meaningful shots on target until Kerr scored.

I thought smith played well, the only person going forward with the ball in the first half. I thought Baird was poor again though

Thought smith gave 100%. Just very one dimensional. Can't seem to beat a player and his crossing was poor.

Baird is the same, gives it his all just never seems to go right for him. Was very poor today indeed

Yeah, pretty much right after Cuthbert clawed the header away, Stewart was played in and the keeper got down well to block. That 90 seconds was pretty much the entirety of both sides meaningful shots on target until Kerr scored.

Not much in that game at all. Until the sending off Falkirk probably had more of the ball but it was end to end. Following Benedictus going off it was one way traffic until we switched to 4-2-3. We were lucky not to be 1 goal down thanks to a wondersave from Cuthbert, but also unlucky not to be leading with Stewart missing this weeks sitter. Davidson and Megginson came close at the end but it was too little too late.

Not overly disappointed in the nature of the loss, just silly errors. Toshney is an absolute machine considering he's just run off another injury. Craigen looked decent in the middle. Also felt we tried to go far too often down the right. Anderson and Thomson both dallied on the ball too long and didn't create anything of note. It felt almost like they're waiting on the other to do something.

What can you say about that? A win is a win I suppose.

Thought some of our players were right off the boil, Vaulks, Sibbald, Alston, Smith (tried like a beat though) and Baird... Even Leahy was not his usual. Is there still transfer talks affecting some?

Thought Rovers had a bit of swagger about them and look already better than last year... The lad McCord in the middle never wasted a pass all day, he was very good at Alloa too.

Shows how badly we need a striker, Scott Shepherd was so ineffective and his best asset, pace, where has it gone? We already look a slow predictable team, no pace lacking ideas although they did stuck at it and got a result!

Two teams going nowhere, two shots on target the whole game & utterly dire.

Most fun was the half-time "entertainment" with the 'Howgate Hoof'. Lasted as long as the "One Vision" free tops & ticket scheme for schools. It was laughable how long it took to drag the goals back & forth, with somebody actually getting a novelty suit on, for something that took all of ten seconds to complete and the guy taking part couldn't hit a cows @rse wi a banjo.

Utterly bizarre.

Pretty poor game which Falkirk probably just shaded in terms of chances (although had Stewart or Davo done better a draw would've been fair).

I think we looked far too reliant on Anderson today and the fact he had a poor game meant we didn't do much going forward until we switched it up a bit.

I think I'd start Bates at the back now with Toshney until he goes out of form, by all accounts he's played well in every game and Bene being suspended again it would be harsh for Bates to play well again only too be dropped out the team when he's back.

What can you say about that? A win is a win I suppose.

Thought some of our players were right off the boil, Vaulks, Sibbald, Alston, Smith (tried like a beat though) and Baird... Even Leahy was not his usual. I'd the still transfer talks affecting some?

Thought Rovers had a bit of swagger about then and look already better than last year... The lad McCord in the middle never wasted a pass all day, we was very good at Alloa too.

Shows how badly we need a striker, Scott Shepherd was so ineffective and his best asset, pace, whet has it gone? We already look a slow predictable team, no pace lacking ideas although they did stuck at it and got a result

I don't how u have Vaulks in the list of Alston, Sibbs and Smith. Vaulks was up and down the park, showing Smith how to beat a man and cross and I'd say that was Vaulks best game so far of this season, tho I'd have him in defence full stop.

Shepherds took a jump in height and I imagine that and last seasons injuries have took his electric pace,which was hismain attribute bursting on to the scene, I don't think he's got it without that pace tho has heart and gives 100%

I stated in my post we need two strikers but in reality we need to give them something to finish, the fact I agree on ur Smith, Alston Sibbs being quiet tells its own story and Leahy also was quiet in the going forward role

Actually quite enjoyed that, though obviously no classic. Good to see the standard of officiating has continued to decline, in a kink at some of those decisions today.

Expected the Kerr shot to end up in row Z, through bitter Brockville experience. He was tremendous all day though.

I thought Rovers would be right at us today, but we dominated possession without ever getting enough shots on target. Some things never change. Really disappointed with Wighton, I thought he was meant to be shit hot, but he may as well have not got changed. Mark Stewart caused 100x the problems he did.

Nice to see that p***k Benedictus take the long walk.

Oh, and a word for the support. I think that must have been, what 500 up on normal rovers matches, with a lot of new faces and kids around us in the South Stand. Delighted we won for many reasons of course, not least the fact hopefully the win will keep a good number of them interested.

Archived