Falkirk v Raith

Won't be going to this game but Benedictus has to come in for Bates and Megginson for Wighton.

Bates did well enough but I don't think he's done enough to be keeping out Benedictus and Megginson may not be an out and out striker but he will contribute much more than Wighton.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know u signed Megginson, not prolific but puts in a hell of a shift, always did well against us...

No Raith fan has said Baird will score yet...dunno bout us, we were fine first half and last 10-15 Morton game, sibbs was on the ball more in first half and I think there lies the key as the rest of our midfield are more about spoiling, defending. We have an unhealthy blance of centre halves now, did we need Watson, id say no, especially when McCracken was on the bench,I'd have Vaulks back there too, he can defend and his range of passing is put more to use there, he's probably our best centre half but being played centre mid. A wee signing wouldn't go a miss this week, a wee maverick in midfield or up top please....we'll probably sign a centre half

We really don't need to sign more midfielders.

One creative, one does well coming on as sub, two who have talent but dont produce, the rest are spoilers or centre halves....

The balance is horrible if sibbs isn't on it

It sounds like Raith are a much improved side so were going to have to be much much better just to get anything out of this game, watching us yesterday was like going back in time with hoof and chase, alto it was more like hoof, make a half arsed attempt at a chase, give up . try again next time. Our goal was a bit jammy as well.

Someone whos seen us at home please tell me we still play a bit of a passing game on the magic carpet?

prediction 2-0 raith

One creative, one does well coming on as sub, two who have talent but dont produce, the rest are spoilers or centre halves....

The balance is horrible if sibbs isn't on it

Taiwo, Vaulks and Kerr are the only players we have in midfield who wouldn't be considered creative.

I count 6 creative midfielders in the squad but only 1 has had a consist run of starts. Id be more inclined to give a run of games to these players and if still nothing's changed think about bringing in players.

I think putting Sibbald out left is a waste as he's our best player and his best position is more central.

Smith is a funny one, pish last year but he seems to be giving it a go this year, I'd take that over 4 centre midfielders, especially at home!

On another note, I'm thinking of bringing my nephew to this. He's only just turned 5, is that too young to sit at a game for 2 hours?

At this point and if everyone is fit, the team picks itself in my eyes.

Rogers

Muirhead

Watson

Grant

Leahy

Smith

Taiwo

Sibbald

Vaulks

Baird

McHugh

If everyone is fit then Duffie will play.

If Sibbald is to play centrally then Taiwo or Vaulks have to sit out as Alston is the only midfield player who will get forward.

To do that he will have to go Smith Vaulks Sibbald Alston

He will play Taiwo if he is fit though. Personally if that is the case leave Sibbald out. He hasn't kicked a ball yet this season.

Sibbald is our best player by a considerable distance and you'd sit him on the bench for David Smith?

This ^^

Sibbald does present a bit of a problem when we play 2 up front though. He should be just off a striker where he is most influential but with 2 strikers, both of whom seem to like coming deep to get the ball, he needs to be pushed wide or further back.

I think it's daft though, get your most influential player in his best position and build around him. We could do with a left winger actually.

Rogers

Muirhead

Watson

Grant

Leahy

Vaulks

Taiwo

Smith

Sibbald

Alston/Cooper/Leahy (Maybe play Dick at left back)

Baird or McHugh

ETA- I forgot about Alston!

Archived