Falkirk v Raith

Not sure what to think about this game, we played well yesterday, especially at the back, but Falkirk will be a lot tougher than Livi.

Do we bring Bene back in for Bates or leave the defence as it was yesterday? Megginson for Wighton would be the only other change I'd make. Lets see if Wighton's any better as an impact sub.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benedictus should be back for this one. David Bates hasn't put a foot wrong, but both Benedictus and Toshney have been two of our best players from the three games. I'd like to see them both start. Up top, I'd agree with you on Megginson. Yesterday, he looked really lively when he came on and did really well with his finish.

Should be a decent game if we can play like we did in the first half and towards the end of the game yesterday.

First game I'll make of the season, really looking forward to seeing the new team especially after 3 wins and 3 clean sheets. Will be a tough game though in which Baird will no doubt score.

Benedictus should play, I like Bates and he's a good prospect, but let's be honest, if the Livi striker who latched onto his short headed backpass yesterday was remotely competent and had scored we wouldn't even be having the discussion.

We'll need to legislate for Baird's usual goal. Surely Paul Watson won't score two weeks in a row too?

Benedictus should play, I like Bates and he's a good prospect, but let's be honest, if the Livi striker who latched onto his short headed backpass yesterday was remotely competent and had scored we wouldn't even be having the discussion.

We'll need to legislate for Baird's usual goal. Surely Paul Watson won't score two weeks in a row too?

Toshney did the same thing in the 1st half but it was a misplaced volley (then bawled out Cuthbert for being too far off his line). We got out of jail twice thanks only to poor finishing by Livvi forwards.

Toshney did the same thing in the 1st half but it was a misplaced volley (then bawled out Cuthbert for being too far off his line). .

This bit here is Cuthberts only flaw, he's a good shot stopper. But he does tend to come off his line a lot, and mostly gets beaten from that situation. He isn't the biggest goalie. Toshney was right to blast him for it.

I like Bates a lot but there was a moment or two yesterday his inexperience shone through a wee bit, which is a bit harsh as he hasn't done anything wrong, but, aye, Benedictus to start hopefully.

We need massive improvement judging by yesterdays performance and the midfield needs changed, the problem being we dont have the personnel to do so. Badly need new signings but i dont trust Houston to get the right ones. That said i think we will do well to get a draw.

This bit here is Cuthberts only flaw, he's a good shot stopper. But he does tend to come off his line a lot, and mostly gets beaten from that situation. He isn't the biggest goalie. Toshney was right to blast him for it.

Cuthbert came off his line looking to clean up after Toshney f*cked up. Fair enough that Toshney recovered well but he was still at fault as well as Cuthbert at that point.

We need massive improvement judging by yesterdays performance and the midfield needs changed, the problem being we dont have the personnel to do so. Badly need new signings but i dont trust Houston to get the right ones. That said i think we will do well to get a draw.

We really don't need to sign more midfielders.

I hope Batesy gets the nod next week, it'll be a nice luxury to have with Bene on the bench. It's great having that sort of competition for places especially at the back and midfield

Cuthbert came off his line looking to clean up after Toshney f*cked up. Fair enough that Toshney recovered well but he was still at fault as well as Cuthbert at that point.

Cuthbert hasn't put a foot wrong in 3 games but some fans are just waiting for any slight mistake to have go at him and demand McGurn comes back in.

I think Bene has to come back in for Bates. That's nothing against Bates but Bene is a better player just now and away at Falkirk, no matter if they're playing well or not, is always difficult so need that bit more experience and assurance at the back.

Bringing in Megginson for Wighton would only make sense if we'd be playing him on the left with Anderson on the right and Stewart in middle as Megginson isn't an out and out sttiker, just like Wighton.

I'd take a draw but wouldn't put it past us taking the 3 the way we are set up to play.

Archived