Rutherglen Glencairn v Cambuslang Rangers

glensmad

How would you compare it to the standard in the south. I think a lot of people who have never seen south teams look down their nose at them and don't realise the top 6 would comfortably hold their own in the super first.

Where do you mean by "the south" ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Alan doesn't look to happy handing over that trophy. You got out of that one Peter.

This result just shows you that junior football in particular is unpredictable and not played on paper. Glens manager must be Right disappointed in that result even though it's still very early days in the season.

The year we won the Super League Division One in 2009-10, we took 1 point out of 12 from the Sectional League Cup group, so I'm not overly concerned at the moment.

^^^^^^^^^^

Two double brandies and a valium now taking effect. ;)

Definitely think the top few South clubs would fancy there chances against either of the two on last nights showing,

Physicality which is expected in the juniors would be greater mind you. The 2 big centre halves from Cambuslang will have sore heads this morning the amount of times they headed the ball. (Hardly lost a header all night).

Thought the Doyle guy for Rutherglen was their best player, read everything at the back. No 6 looked ok as well.

No 8 for Cambuslang put a shift in in midfield with his challenges in middle of park.

Messi boy looks good on the ball but was starved off service, Deco guy looked good in spells.

Cambuslang keeper a bit of a drama queen wi what looked a shocking attitude as well (don't think he was interested) fair save in last minute tho!!

The much maligned Rutherglen pitch wasn't exactly lush green, but looked quite flat & even.

A lot of work has been done over the summer on the pitch, feeding and fertilising, and it is much better condition than it was last season. Our tractor dying during pre-season meant we had to cancel our two home friendlies, but we're hopeful the pitch will hold up better this winter. Time will tell.

A lot of work has been done over the summer on the pitch, feeding and fertilising, and it is much better condition than it was last season. Our tractor dying during pre-season meant we had to cancel our two home friendlies, but we're hopeful the pitch will hold up better this winter. Time will tell.

In fairness, there's not much more you guys can do.

In fairness, there's not much more you guys can do.

What is not commonly known about our park is that it is built over the top of an old culvert, which I think possibly contributes to the way the pitch tends to hold water when it rains heavily. The street area down the slope to the side the park had some really bad flooding during the winter, so it's a natural lie of the land issue that we have to work around.

I've seen the highlights now and put together a match report for the Glencairn website from the highlights and information I've been given from people who were at the match, and the half hour of live feed that I saw. The report is on the website now.

I understand that Cambuslang were the better team on the night, but it looks from the highlights that Glencairn had the better chances and more of them.

But hey, it's about putting the ball in the net, Cambuslang did it and we didn't. The goalkeeper and defence are as much a part of a team performance and result as the guys who create and score the goals.

Well done to Cambuslang and good luck for the season to our friends along the road, no doubt the banter will keep coming. ;-)

Archived