Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

Take your telling Grant. The Pars always took the Fife Cup exceptionally seriously. Like the time we got horsed out of it by Burntisland Shipyard.

Again the point being missed completely.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shot down in flames?

Take your lesson like a man?

Are you genuinely alright? I'd say you sounded unhinged but you seem way past that stage.

It's a damning indictment of how shocking a record that Cowdenbeath have against Dunfermline that you have some on here desperately clinging on to Fife Cup games trying to convince all and sundry that it was a really,really important game.

If you asked a Pars fan who had been going to games since the 1970's for a dozen enjoyable Cowdenbeath results he wouldn't be scrambling around for friendlies just to make up the numbers.

Fwiw the Fife and spring cup games aren't valid, you are wrong. If you'd been going to the football for a couple more decades though you may have gotten that magic twelve.

I'll have enjoyed two wins in two weeks though

Grant - just typing words for the sake of it doesn't constitute a coherent argument on your part. You made a cocky point and were shown to be completely wrong so you acting like a UKIP blowhard doesn't cut the mustard. Now you are quibbling and caveating and wriggling and squealing and inventing some arbitrary and imaginary rules and regulations FWIW - give me a break how self important are you? End of debate.

My favourite win over the Pars. Had just finished my shift down the pit, which made it all the sweeter!

Three lucky breakaways imo.

To add insult to injury some c**t nicked my hat.

Grant son - you have no class and no real insight into the status of said matches you are quibbling over since you were shot down in flames. You should take your lesson like a man instead of whining. Here are a couple of pointers - the Spring Cup was a tournament that was taken seriously and was intended to be a regular competition but the clubs didn't like the reduced number of league games and thus introduced playing each other three times instead. Don't try and rewrite history with hindsight. As for the Fife Cup - I doubt you were at any of these 3 games so have no idea the reality - indeed in 1970/71 the Pars manager called his whole squad of 21 players into a hotel for a pre-match meeting and stressed how it was unacceptable for the club to countenance defeat from Cowden in that final having already been beaten time and again that season by their rivals. So don't try and point score with me when you don't know what you are talking about and your own blinkered views have already crashed and burned. I stick to talking about what I know and understand - suggest that is sound advice for you. As for Gordy and his not official matches - what balderdash!! Can you show me said regulations and the governing body that sets the definition of official matches? There just isn't one.

Just because you are old doesn't mean you can talk utter bulshit and not be called up on it.

The spring cup failed to generate interest and was scrapped, it was considered inferior to league games, you even admit to that!

Tell me if the fife cup was of such importance then why has it been allowed to go incomplete? Not just recently but throughout history, including in the 70s where you claim it was so well supported.

Just as a wee aside about the glorious Cowdenbeath win in the Spring Cup, did it help Cowdenbeath qualify from the group stage?

post-20092-14392034816857_thumb.jpg

No, it didn't. They finished bottom of the group :lol:

It's just all a bit tragic and sad. Cowdenbeath fans and Rangers fans are very similar in their bitterness and postings. Maybe they should merge.

To think not long ago I used to wish them well, but their inferiority complex is quite astonishing.

Fingers crossed Tubby McFatFuck will be playing at centre half for Cowden again.

That's very fattist. What's your BMI?

Arrogant pars b'strd.

It's just all a bit tragic and sad. Cowdenbeath fans and Rangers fans are very similar in their bitterness and postings. Maybe they should merge.

To think not long ago I used to wish them well, but their inferiority complex is quite astonishing.

Awa' n shite.

Grant - just typing words for the sake of it doesn't constitute a coherent argument on your part. You made a cocky point and were shown to be completely wrong so you acting like a UKIP blowhard doesn't cut the mustard. Now you are quibbling and caveating and wriggling and squealing and inventing some arbitrary and imaginary rules and regulations FWIW - give me a break how self important are you? End of debate.

To answer my earlier question.

You're definitely not alright, seek help.

So, let's go.

Its only 2 years since Big Jim wiz oan the telly sobbin his guts up aboot how his club were on the verge. It wiznae their fault. It wiz a big boy dunnit.

Now we're back to the arrogance, sense of entitlement and superiority complex that the Pars are famous for.

I'm starting to remember why I used to hate them so much.

House!

That's very fattist. What's your BMI?

Arrogant pars b'strd.

Speaking of fat blokes I noticed Brechin rolled out a couple of fatties against us. I know that they are part-time but no excuse for carrying so much weight. On the same note good to see that Moffat has trimmed down. I was beginning to fear that he was becoming our version of Kris Boyd. By the way - nothing against fat folk in general. I'm carrying a bit myself but I am not masquerading as a professional footballer.

Speaking of fat blokes I noticed Brechin rolled out a couple of fatties against us. I know that they are part-time but no excuse for carrying so much weight. On the same note good to see that Moffat has trimmed down. I was beginning to fear that he was becoming our version of Kris Boyd. By the way - nothing against fat folk in general. I'm carrying a bit myself but I am not masquerading as a professional footballer.

Benefit of full-time training. We'd all be thinner if we could run about all day instead of workin for a living.

Archived