Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting Fife cup and the complete failure of a competition that was the spring cup :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit- let's look at this properly, 1970/71 2 Cowdenbeath wins in the league, didn't meet in either of the proper cups. Dont know where you got the other 2 games from.

72/73 2 league wins

75/76 nothing cup used to create games whilst the league got itself together.

76/77 1 league win

77/78 1 league win

85/86 you lost all the games in the league this must have been another diddy cup win.

88/89 fife cup,says it all

92/93 1 league win

2012/2013 1 league win

2013/14 1 league win

So thats 9 wins, in 45 years! 3 in the last 37. We only need to go back to 2003/4 to meet that, we have beaten you more times in the last 4 years than you have since 78.

Can I ask why almost all Dunfermline fans on here are just discounting the Fife Cup? Okay nowadays it's not as well respected and teams don't take it seriously (youth squads except East Fife!) but in the past it was a different story. Not one Pars fan able to understand the concept? Full strength sides playing every round and the final attended by thousands of fans.

All I've seen here is "LOLS the Fife Cup is pure pish now so obviously no clubs have ever taken it seriously".

The Fife Cup is being discounted because Fife Cup matches aren't recognised as officially competitive matches and never have been.

We used to send strong sides to Oakley for a friendly and they beat us on occasion, don't see the Oakley United supporters yucking it up do you?

The Fife Cup is being discounted because Fife Cup matches aren't recognised as officially competitive matches and never have been.

We used to send strong sides to Oakley for a friendly and they beat us on occasion, don't see the Oakley United supporters yucking it up do you?

Just because they aren't deemed offical matches doesn't mean that neither side has ever taken the competition seriously.

Friendlies are totally different - the Fife Cup used to be a competitive tournament which all the Fife sides wanted to win desperately. Friendlies (and now the Fife Cup sadly) are now about fitness and the team developing as opposed to the result.

Just because they aren't deemed offical matches doesn't mean that neither side has ever taken the competition seriously.

Friendlies are totally different - the Fife Cup used to be a competitive tournament which all the Fife sides wanted to win desperately. Friendlies (and now the Fife Cup sadly) are now about fitness and the team developing as opposed to the result.

The matches against Oakley used to be played in a competitive spirit as well but like the Fife Cup those matches were still only friendlies and therefore don't count in official statistics.

FFS CC. What a schoolboy error. Trying to take on the moronic masses with intellect. Doomed to failure.

Never argue with the idiots. They'll drag U down to their level and beat u with experience.

Leave this to our own Muppets.

If u get rid of the red socks me and Big Al'll take it from here.

So, let's go.

Its only 2 years since Big Jim wiz oan the telly sobbin his guts up aboot how his club were on the verge. It wiznae their fault. It wiz a big boy dunnit.

Now we're back to the arrogance, sense of entitlement and superiority complex that the Pars are famous for.

I'm starting to remember why I used to hate them so much.

Again, Cowdenbeath having to use glorified friendly matches to give them a dozen wins since the 1970's, fucking hell.

Grant son - you have no class and no real insight into the status of said matches you are quibbling over since you were shot down in flames. You should take your lesson like a man instead of whining. Here are a couple of pointers - the Spring Cup was a tournament that was taken seriously and was intended to be a regular competition but the clubs didn't like the reduced number of league games and thus introduced playing each other three times instead. Don't try and rewrite history with hindsight. As for the Fife Cup - I doubt you were at any of these 3 games so have no idea the reality - indeed in 1970/71 the Pars manager called his whole squad of 21 players into a hotel for a pre-match meeting and stressed how it was unacceptable for the club to countenance defeat from Cowden in that final having already been beaten time and again that season by their rivals. So don't try and point score with me when you don't know what you are talking about and your own blinkered views have already crashed and burned. I stick to talking about what I know and understand - suggest that is sound advice for you. As for Gordy and his not official matches - what balderdash!! Can you show me said regulations and the governing body that sets the definition of official matches? There just isn't one.

Not quoting Cowden Cowboy's massive post but answer this question then, do appearances and goals in the Fife Cup appear in official playing stats for each player who has participated in such games? You could easily ask the SFA or even simpler just sound the HibeeJibee horn. You have made a rip roaring c**t of yourself here and your refusal to climb down is absolutely pitiful.

Grant son - you have no class and no real insight into the status of said matches you are quibbling over since you were shot down in flames. You should take your lesson like a man instead of whining. Here are a couple of pointers - the Spring Cup was a tournament that was taken seriously and was intended to be a regular competition but the clubs didn't like the reduced number of league games and thus introduced playing each other three times instead. Don't try and rewrite history with hindsight. As for the Fife Cup - I doubt you were at any of these 3 games so have no idea the reality - indeed in 1970/71 the Pars manager called his whole squad of 21 players into a hotel for a pre-match meeting and stressed how it was unacceptable for the club to countenance defeat from Cowden in that final having already been beaten time and again that season by their rivals. So don't try and point score with me when you don't know what you are talking about and your own blinkered views have already crashed and burned. I stick to talking about what I know and understand - suggest that is sound advice for you. As for Gordy and his not official matches - what balderdash!! Can you show me said regulations and the governing body that sets the definition of official matches? There just isn't one.

Shot down in flames?

Take your lesson like a man?

Are you genuinely alright? I'd say you sounded unhinged but you seem way past that stage.

It's a damning indictment of how shocking a record that Cowdenbeath have against Dunfermline that you have some on here desperately clinging on to Fife Cup games trying to convince all and sundry that it was a really,really important game.

If you asked a Pars fan who had been going to games since the 1970's for a dozen enjoyable Cowdenbeath results he wouldn't be scrambling around for friendlies just to make up the numbers.

Fwiw the Fife and spring cup games aren't valid, you are wrong. If you'd been going to the football for a couple more decades though you may have gotten that magic twelve.

I'll have enjoyed two wins in two weeks though

Shot down in flames?

Take your lesson like a man?

Are you genuinely alright? I'd say you sounded unhinged but you seem way past that stage.

It's a damning indictment of how shocking a record that Cowdenbeath have against Dunfermline that you have some on here desperately clinging on to Fife Cup games trying to convince all and sundry that it was a really,really important game.

If you asked a Pars fan who had been going to games since the 1970's for a dozen enjoyable Cowdenbeath results he wouldn't be scrambling around for friendlies just to make up the numbers.

Fwiw the Fife and spring cup games aren't valid, you are wrong. If you'd been going to the football for a couple more decades though you may have gotten that magic twelve.

I'll have enjoyed two wins in two weeks though

Take your telling Grant. The Pars always took the Fife Cup exceptionally seriously. Like the time we got horsed out of it by Burntisland Shipyard.

Archived