Dunfermline v Cowdenbeath, Sat 15th Aug

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please explain

'Too' should have been used instead of 'to', wouldn't have thought that was a difficult concept to grasp in all honesty.

'Too' should have been used instead of 'to', wouldn't have thought that was a difficult concept to grasp in all honesty.

Pedantic wankery.

Pedantic wankery.

You may call it pedantry, I'd call it grammatical competence. Next week, we'll get a start on 'there' and their.'

You may call it pedantry, I'd call it grammatical competence. Next week, we'll get a start on 'there' and their.'

Also, people who use "would of" instead of "would have" or "would've" should be punched in the face repeatedly.

It's a football forum. Not an essay. It doesn't get any awards for grammatical correctness. Picky supercilious knobs point out minor mistakes.

It's a football forum. Not an essay. It doesn't get any awards for grammatical correctness. Picky supercilious knobs point out minor mistakes.

You seem angry, have a glass of water and cool down.

Ah, the middle 'to'. Fair enough. Ta. Hopefully, thanks to the courteous feedback on this forum, he (and I) have learned valuable lessons. God forbid anyone ever makes that mistake on this sort of high-brow forum again.

Archived