If a club is in Perth,they could go between the two leagues

There is a very exact line of latitude mentioned, so that's not the case. The "south of the Tay" thing isn't the phrase used in the rule and only fits in the area immediately around the Tay Bridge.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Gutted that Arbroaths worst season in 20 years will still see them finish higher than Montrose.

Pleasing.

Eta: after looking it was STILL near 100 more than Montroses last Tuesday night game against Annan. Oh my.

You're currently ahead of us on goal difference, well done. You might have had a case if you were 20 points ahead.

You're currently ahead of us on goal difference, well done. You might have had a case if you were 20 points ahead.

No I think we have a case regardless. Our worst season for 20 years (!!!!!!) and we are still above Montrose.

:lol:

Congratulations in being ahead (on goal difference) of the 2nd worst team in SPFL. #pwoud

I've never seen us finish lower than 4th. When we did Montrose actually finished above us, only time that's happened in last 20 year, and still, we went up! :lol:

And now, even though we've had an absolute nightmare of a time the last year, we are still above you. You even turned up to the league winning celebration day in 2011 just to make it that wee bit more special for us.

What a club. If Carlsberg did rivals eh. :P

The Arbroath v Montrose spat is like two bald men fighting over a comb.

As a disinterested outsider, my ranking of the Angus clubs would be:

1/ Arbroath

2/ Montrose

3/ Forfar

4/ Brechin

The last 2 could perhaps be interchangeable.

I can remember Arbroath being in the old (18 team) First Division more than once.

The Arbroath v Montrose spat is like two bald men fighting over a comb.

As a disinterested outsider, my ranking of the Angus clubs would be:

1/ Arbroath

2/ Montrose

3/ Forfar

4/ Brechin

The last 2 could perhaps be interchangeable.

I can remember Arbroath being in the old (18 team) First Division more than once.

Always knew you were a good guy Jack.

I'd personally just put it in order of the town sizes (Arbroath/Forfar/Montrose/Brechin) but success wise the last few years I think us Forfar and Brechin have all done on the whole very well.

We've won the league, went up in the play offs, challenged for the League 1 title and been involved in promotion play offs, also 1st division for 2 seasons early 2000s.

Forfar have done well they've been promoted from the 3rd and then challenged at the right end of the 2nd, under Campbell.

And Brechin won the 2nd and played in the 1st just 10 year ago (Under Campbell again) and have been challenging at right end of league, good cup runs in there too with some very good players.

Us 3 have all done that whilst Montrose haven't left the bottom league. The Mo fans deserve a bit of success tbh.

I'm just glad they're not getting it. ;)

Always knew you were a good guy Jack.

I'd personally just put it in order of the town sizes (Arbroath/Forfar/Montrose/Brechin) but success wise the last few years I think us Forfar and Brechin have all done on the whole very well.

We've won the league, went up in the play offs, challenged for the League 1 title and been involved in promotion play offs, also 1st division for 2 seasons early 2000s.

Forfar have done well they've been promoted from the 3rd and then challenged at the right end of the 2nd, under Campbell.

And Brechin won the 2nd and played in the 1st just 10 year ago (Under Campbell again) and have been challenging at right end of league, good cup runs in there too with some very good players.

Us 3 have all done that whilst Montrose haven't left the bottom league. The Mo fans deserve a bit of success tbh.

I'm just glad they're not getting it. ;)

I know Brechin and Forfar have done exceptionally well since the leagues were re-organised back in 74/75 (and constantly reorganised since!), but I've always felt they were punching above their weight - just a perception, probably if you go by the number of promotions etc they should maybe be "ranked" higher than Montrose.

Montrose were flying high in the late 70s, early 80s, no? 

I didn't realise Forfar was bigger than Montrose - I should know this stuff, having been born in Forfar and spending my first 8 years in Brechin and Montrose!

I know Brechin and Forfar have done exceptionally well since the leagues were re-organised back in 74/75 (and constantly reorganised since!), but I've always felt they were punching above their weight - just a perception, probably if you go by the number of promotions etc they should maybe be "ranked" higher than Montrose.

Montrose were flying high in the late 70s, early 80s, no?

I didn't realise Forfar was bigger than Montrose - I should know this stuff, having been born in Forfar and spending my first 8 years in Brechin and Montrose!

Brechin especially. Really well run club clearly considering. I can only go on 2000 onwards but you're still right in saying they 2 clubs have done very well. I've been envious of Forfar the last few years (Sheerins seasons aside) but now we've pinched their old manager that's been doing so well for them then hopefully he can replicate that for us.

It's a shame you've lived/been born in all they middens and have never been lucky enough to live in Angus's paradise riviera. ;)

Anyway I think I'm going to take in the Forfar Brechin game on the last day of the season if it stays the way it is and I'm even considering a wee drive up to see Cove v Edinburgh City, seeing as our season is long over. Still hopeful of Cove success but I've warmed to the idea of a day out in Edinburgh.

A league of

Arbroath

Queens

Berwick

Elgin

Cove

Montrose

Forfar

Brechin

Annan

Stirling

Would be just superb. :)

Anyway I think I'm going to take in the Forfar Brechin game on the last day of the season if it stays the way it is and I'm even considering a wee drive up to see Cove v Edinburgh City, seeing as our season is long over. Still hopeful of Cove success but I've warmed to the idea of a day out in Edinburgh.

A league of

Meadowbank's a shite ground to go to for a football game, so I'm told.

Yep, for the Angus sides, Cove would be ideal. Less than an hour up the road is it?

Inverurie is about an hour and 5 minutes on the train IIRC. If they did actually end back up in Cove would be there in 40-45 minutes.

Eta: Google says an hour but I go up to see my mate in Aberdeen quite a lot and it doesn't seem as long as that. Oh well. But aye, it's close and would certainly be an ideal wee jaunt up the A90.

Meadowbank's a shite ground to go to for a football game, so I'm told.

compared to what? Hampden Park? New St Mirren Park where the rain soaks you even when you're sitting in the back row? Anyway it's getting bulldozed soon...

Cove's chairman Keith Moorhouse in the P&J saying Cove are all geared for going up if they get through the playoffs. Also mo/brechin/arbroath/forfar fans,he says they will be playing out of one of the Angus grounds if they go up,so looks like no Inverurie trip for 1320 lichtie??

Cove's chairman Keith Moorhouse in the P&J saying Cove are all geared for going up if they get through the playoffs. Also mo/brechin/arbroath/forfar fans,he says they will be playing out of one of the Angus grounds if they go up,so looks like no Inverurie trip for 1320 lichtie??

Didn't teams have to register their ground for next season with the SPFL a few weeks ago?so they'd have to know by now where their playing from. If it is one of the Angus clubs it would most likely be Forfar or Montrose given they have artificial pitches.

f**k sake. That's no as fun.

I'll go try find this article.

Didn't teams have to register their ground for next season with the SPFL a few weeks ago?so they'd have to know by now where their playing from. If it is one of the Angus clubs it would most likely be Forfar or Montrose given they have artificial pitches.

Surely the Mo.

Montrose would play their home games at Links Park if they go up.

Understandably, a whole host of fans/ clubs in the Highland League are not overly happy with Cove regarding their stadium situation. The feeling is they left Allan Park to rot while putting all the cash they had into their team, and they've been pissing about with a variety of different plans for new grounds for years and nothing is set in stone yet, so it looks like they will be playing out of other grounds for at least another 2/3 years.

Montrose would play their home games at Links Park if they go up.

Understandably, a whole host of fans/ clubs in the Highland League are not overly happy with Cove regarding their stadium situation. The feeling is they left Allan Park to rot while putting all the cash they had into their team, and they've been pissing about with a variety of different plans for new grounds for years and nothing is set in stone yet, so it looks like they will be playing out of other grounds for at least another 2/3 years.

Should that not read "Cove would play etc etc"?

Archived