Great shame Brora seemingly to miss out on Championship title for 3rd season. By far the best team in the HL but fate conspired against them. Substantial development plans for ground and team next year so much to look forward to, and lots of news to be released through the closed season. The SPFL needed Brora but B'Jesus it's not going to be next season

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Glasgow Rangers are back in the top league, which other Rangers could join the SPFL?

One Rangers per division is enough, so City should get a walkover to face the 'Shire, imho.

Fort William v Cove Rangers tomorrow moved to Lossiemouth.

Bizarre rumour on FitbaNorth that the Aberdeenshire Shield Final - Cove v Fraserburgh - may be left unplayed, and caught-up next season!!

Diddy tourno anyway,their should only be one cup tournament played in Aberdeenshire like theirs only one played in the North and that's the Aberdeenshire Cup.If the shire teams are gonna stick with,it should only be played using Under 20' players.

It is rather odd that Aberdeenshire FA clubs play 2 local cups, but North of Scotland FA clubs (and indeed East of Scotland FA and Southern Counties FA clubs in LL area) play only 1 local cup.

Then again if they'd played the Final a few midweeks ago this wouldn't have arisen and no-one would be complaining, so let's not be too judgemental.

I recall controversy in the tournament last season, too. Peterhead reached SFs, then scratched?

I'm right in saying it was introduced as a Centenary Shield, and continued subsequently.

It is rather odd that Aberdeenshire FA clubs play 2 local cups, but North of Scotland FA clubs (and indeed East of Scotland FA and Southern Counties FA clubs in LL area) play only 1 local cup.

Then again if they'd played the Final a few midweeks ago this wouldn't have arisen and no-one would be complaining, so let's not be too judgemental.

I recall controversy in the tournament last season, too. Peterhead reached SFs, then scratched?

I'm right in saying it was introduced as a Centenary Shield, and continued subsequently.

Yeah think it was HJ,I can see it being downgraded to youth sides just shortly what with pressure now on to get the season tied up before the pyramid play-offs.

Would be a shame but might make sense.

When playoffs came in LL clubs stopped entering their 2nd local cups (mostly the King Cup).

Perhaps they could play it off the end of the season? Could reintroduce the Inverness Cup to provide the same thing for NofS clubs.

LL play their League Cup off the end, HL just stop.

I suppose it's all up in their air for now anyway, with a counter-proposal to the "Gang of 8" supposedly gathering pace according to Northern Scot.

Would be a shame but might make sense.

When playoffs came in LL clubs stopped entering their 2nd local cups (mostly the King Cup).

Perhaps they could play it off the end of the season? Could reintroduce the Inverness Cup to provide the same thing for NofS clubs.

LL play their League Cup off the end, HL just stop.

I suppose it's all up in their air for now anyway, with a counter-proposal to the "Gang of 8" supposedly gathering pace according to Northern Scot.

Agree HJ,it's gonna be a long summer up north full of proposal and counter proposal,who knows were it's gonna end. Was wondering if,and it's a big if,what if Cove go up,will they stick with 17 or invite Banks o Dee in.

Archived