Where would Cove play next year? When will the final fixtures be out? Was looking into taking a trip to watch Cove -Brora if they were still to play and Cove seem to be touring the highlands for their games so I'll no be bothering.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been reported that Cove Rangers would play out of Inverurie if promoted, but I don't think anything official has been confirmed. This season they mainly played from Inverurie and Formartine with a few games scheduled at Banks o'Dee and Keith.

HL confirmed their concluding games last week - I posted them on p6, but here they are again. Head-to-heads in HL are Formartine v Brora this Saturday - Cove v Formartine a fortnight on Wednesday.

SPFL2

|   East Sti   |   Berwick    |   Montrose   |   Arbroath

|              |              |              |

Sat 26 Mar | Stir Alb (A) | Elgin    (H) | Annan    (H) | Clyde    (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Berwick  (H) | East Sti (A) | Clyde    (A) | East Fif (H)

Sat 09 Apr | Queens P (H) | Clyde    (H) | East Fif (A) | Annan    (A) 

Sat 16 Apr | Annan    (A) | Arbroath (A) | Stir Alb (H) | Berwick  (H)

Sat 23 Apr | Elgin    (H) | East Fif (H) | Arbroath (A) | Montrose (H)

Sat 30 Apr | East Fif (A) | Montrose (A) | Berwick  (H) | Elgin    (A)

Highland League

|    Brora     |     Cove     |  Formartine

|              |              |

- W 23 Mar | Strathsp (A) | Deveronv (H) | Wick     (A)

Sat 26 Mar | Formart  (A) | Fort Wil (A) | Brora    (H)

- W 30 Mar | Huntly   (H) | Strathsp (H) |

Sat 02 Apr | Wick     (A) | Rothes   (A) | Huntly   (H)

- W 06 Apr | Forres   (A) | Formart  (H) | Cove     (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Nairn    (N) |   no match   | Clachnac (H)     HL Cup Final

- W 13 Apr |              | Clachnac (A) | Nairn    (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Deveronv (H) | Turriff  (A) | Strathsp (A)

Lowland League

|  Edin City   |   Stir Uni   |  Spartans

|              |              |

- W 23 Mar |              | BSC Glas (H) |

Sat 26 Mar | Selkirk  (A) | BSC Glas (A) | Dalbeatt (A)

- W 30 Mar |              | Whitehil (A) | Vale o L (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Edusport (A) | Preston  (A) | Gala     (H)     South Challenge Cup SF

- T 05 Apr |              | Selkirk  (A) |

- W 06 Apr | Vale o L (A) |              | Whitehil (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Stir Uni (H) | Edin Cit (A) | Edin Uni (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Whitehil (A) | Dalbeatt (H) | Gretna   (H)

Brora conceded the aggregate equaliser then punted the ball straight back to Mo from kick off, allowing them to run up the other end and score again. Not suspicious at all.

Don't think Gary Woods knew he had that goal in him never mind Brora!! :lol:

It has been reported that Cove Rangers would play out of Inverurie if promoted, but I don't think anything official has been confirmed. This season they mainly played from Inverurie and Formartine with a few games scheduled at Banks o'Dee and Keith.

HL confirmed their concluding games last week - I posted them on p6, but here they are again. Head-to-heads in HL are Formartine v Brora this Saturday - Cove v Formartine a fortnight on Wednesday.

SPFL2

| East Sti | Berwick | Montrose | Arbroath

| | | |

Sat 26 Mar | Stir Alb (A) | Elgin (H) | Annan (H) | Clyde (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Berwick (H) | East Sti (A) | Clyde (A) | East Fif (H)

Sat 09 Apr | Queens P (H) | Clyde (H) | East Fif (A) | Annan (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Annan (A) | Arbroath (A) | Stir Alb (H) | Berwick (H)

Sat 23 Apr | Elgin (H) | East Fif (H) | Arbroath (A) | Montrose (H)

Sat 30 Apr | East Fif (A) | Montrose (A) | Berwick (H) | Elgin (A)

Highland League

| Brora | Cove | Formartine

| | |

- W 23 Mar | Strathsp (A) | Deveronv (H) | Wick (A)

Sat 26 Mar | Formart (A) | Fort Wil (A) | Brora (H)

- W 30 Mar | Huntly (H) | Strathsp (H) |

Sat 02 Apr | Wick (A) | Rothes (A) | Huntly (H)

- W 06 Apr | Forres (A) | Formart (H) | Cove (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Nairn (N) | no match | Clachnac (H) HL Cup Final

- W 13 Apr | | Clachnac (A) | Nairn (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Deveronv (H) | Turriff (A) | Strathsp (A)

Lowland League

| Edin City | Stir Uni | Spartans

| | |

- W 23 Mar | | BSC Glas (H) |

Sat 26 Mar | Selkirk (A) | BSC Glas (A) | Dalbeatt (A)

- W 30 Mar | | Whitehil (A) | Vale o L (A)

Sat 02 Apr | Edusport (A) | Preston (A) | Gala (H) South Challenge Cup SF

- T 05 Apr | | Selkirk (A) |

- W 06 Apr | Vale o L (A) | | Whitehil (A)

Sat 09 Apr | Stir Uni (H) | Edin Cit (A) | Edin Uni (A)

Sat 16 Apr | Whitehil (A) | Dalbeatt (H) | Gretna (H)

Cheers. Think that's us safe now.

Where would Cove play next year? When will the final fixtures be out? Was looking into taking a trip to watch Cove -Brora if they were still to play and Cove seem to be touring the highlands for their games so I'll no be bothering.

Scottish highland league.net,you'll get all the fixtures on that lichtie. Cove have registered to play at Inverurie if they win promotion.

Sorry guys, I think my last point has been picked up wrong. I wasn't suggesting for a minute that the players didn't want to go out, win the tie and see Brora promoted and I posted as much at the time. All I was suggesting in my last post is that it is refreshing to read that these clubs are openly looking to move through the league so we don't have a repeat of this talk and the negative press that followed it.

When can/will Edinburgh City win the SLFL title?

Think I mentioned it previously, but (following Stirling's result last night) they could win it on Saturday if:

* they win at Selkirk

* Stirling fail to win away to BSC Glasgow

* Spartans lose at Dalbeattie

After that City don't play again until Wed 6th April (away to Vale of Leithen), but Spartans and Stirling both have 2 games in the interim (Spartans: away to Vale, home to Gala, away to Whitehill / Stirling: away to Whitehill, away to Preston, away to Selkirk).

Although not the topic of this thread as such it might be interesting for people to touch briefly upon the Trapdoor further down the pyramid, namely that between LL and EOSL & SOSL.

This is a more open trapdoor than that afoot SPFL2: the bottom club in the Lowland League is automatically relegated if either of the champions below are licensed (and if both are licensed they hold a play-off final).

Threave Rovers are 12pts adrift at the bottom of LL with 7 games left, and seem unlikely to close that gap, though they have taken 4pts from their last 2 games. Their big hope was to beat Vale of Leithen, the club directly above them, in a double-header yesterday and Saturday coming but the first half ended 1-1 last night.

http://slfl.co.uk/tables/league/

St Cuthbert Wanderers look favourites to win SOSL, sitting 5pts clear of Edusport Academy with 1 game in hand. However they do host Edusport on Wednesday coming, so possibilities for the Frenchmen to claw back the gap. St Cuthbert are expected to obtain their licence by the end of the season and Edusport are assumed to be pursuing licenses, having been linked with LL previously and having shifted from Hamilton Palace down to Galabank.

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/Divisions

EOSL looks a race between Leith Athletic and LTHV, 22pts behind but 7 games in hand. However neither of these clubs appear close to the license.

http://www.eosfl.com/leaguetables.asp

Think I mentioned it previously, but (following Stirling's result last night) they could win it on Saturday if:

* they win at Selkirk

* Stirling fail to win away to BSC Glasgow

* Spartans lose at Dalbeattie

After that City don't play again until Wed 6th April (away to Vale of Leithen), but Spartans and Stirling both have 2 games in the interim (Spartans: away to Vale, home to Gala, away to Whitehill / Stirling: away to Whitehill, away to Preston, away to Selkirk).

Cheerz HJ

Interesting tale.

It's an outfit bringing over young French footballers - they pay £14,500 a year for the privilege! - who train as professionals and learn to speak English.

They joined SOSL last season... played at Hamilton Palace, training at Ravenscraig, learning English in Coatbridge, stayed in Hamilton.

This season that campus moved to Glasgow - training at Toryglen / Lesser Hampden but playing at Annan - and started another campus in Edinburgh, training and playing out of Spartans and competing in the Lowland & EOS U20 Development League.

They're pretty decent:

* finished 5th in SOSL last season, but their players only arrived gradually during July & August... 3W 2D 4L in those months, 12W 5L thereafter

* won SOS League Cup, reached final of 2 other local cups, reached QFs of South Challenge Cup (for all LL, EOSL, SOSL clubs)

* currently 2nd in SOSL this season, 17W 2D 2L

* in SFs of South Challenge Cup

* Edinburgh campus is 2nd in LL & EOSL U20s Development League, 5pts from top with 2 games in hand

* Edinburgh campus beat Dumbarton in the Scottish Youth Cup

Lots more on their website:

http://edusportacademy.com/en/home.html

Edusport's record v SPFL/LL opposition; v SPFL opposition in Youth Cup:

South Challenge Cup

2014-15 - Whitehill Welfare 2-1 Edusport Academy (aet)

2015-16 - Edusport Academy 3-2 Dalbeattie Star (aet)

2015-16 - Edusport Academy v Edinburgh City, Saturday 2nd April

Southern Counties Cup

2014-15 - Queen of the South (XI) 4-1 Edusport Academy

2015-16 - Threave Rovers 1-3 Edusport Academy

Scottish Youth Cup (U20s)

2015-16 - Edusport Academy 5-2 Dumbarton

2015-16 - Queen of the South 2-1 Edusport Academy

They joined SOSL last season... played at Hamilton Palace, training at Ravenscraig, learning English in Coatbridge, stayed in Hamilton.

"Learning English in Coatbridge." Surely not !

Archived