I would have thought that would be the solution to Shires problem not having a ground to call home, rather than lodge at Ochilview with Stenny. Also a wee bit closer to Shires former home at Firs Park might encourage more of their supporters to watch them their than go to Ochilview. Ball is clearly in the Shires court its up to them to decide if they want to move their or not.

Shire's home crowds at Firs Park were dreadful and no worse than what they get just now; am I wrong?

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last five years at firs the Shire had a chairman who was only interested in selling our park so of course crowds were poor. Shire first two years at Stenny where Spenser was bankrolling the team our average crowd was 600.

Remember the SFA top man is the Cove Rangers chairman,apparently the top brass are well informed of all that is being proposed and defo seem to be in favour of two highland divisions.

Odds on the sectional league cup will be all about guaranteeing that local derbies still happen and that might be important in getting it voted through even if it means 18 rather than 27 league games. Maybe Cove Rangers won't care so much after the playoffs. Suspect it will be very bad the news for the Shire, if Brora aren't involved and they wind up having to face a club that actually very much wants to get into the SPFL.

Odds on the sectional league cup will be all about guaranteeing that local derbies still happen and that might be important in getting it voted through even if it means 18 rather than 27 league games. Maybe Cove Rangers won't care so much after the playoffs. Suspect it will be very bad the news for the Shire, if Brora aren't involved and they wind up having to face a club that actually very much wants to get into the SPFL.

Thats how it's beginning to look now LTL,Cove and Formartine are desperate to get into league 2.

Thats how it's beginning to look now LTL,Cove and Formartine are desperate to get into league 2.

That's what I want to see with the pyramid system. Really ticked me off with Brora's lack of ambition. Much rather see teams come up who want it. Although would rather it was a LL team for travel reasons.

That's what I want to see with the pyramid system. Really ticked me off with Brora's lack of ambition. Much rather see teams come up who want it. Although would rather it was a LL team for travel reasons.

Must agree bullyweehutch,Brora's attitude last season was mince but there's no denying Coves and Formartines ambition.You may get your wish Edinburgh City are a good side and could well do it.

As has been said previously, that's pleasing to hear. Especially after last season debacle.

Brora are actually a very good side but I think they settled last year for showing that they were the top non league side ( by beating ed city on pens) then essentially downed tools when ahead at montrose ( captain sent off and two goals conceded ) .

Totally agree with Ivo. Brora or their fans were simply playing mind games before the Montrose games. Brora did not put out weak sides and played out of their skins in the second leg at Links Park. They were still a goal ahead on aggregate with 10 minutes to go and it was two late spectacular Montrose goals that saved the day for them. Not saying Montrose were brilliant 'cos they weren't but did enough to win in the end - just.

Don't be fooled by the mind games!

Brora didn't "down tools" at all in that game. They were never "ahead" in the game at Links Park. Their "captain" was not sent off (another player was).

stop talking shite.

To say they weren't ahead at Links Park is at best stretching the truth. At 0-0 and 1-1, you lot were going down on aggregate. It's perfectly fair to say that Brora were winning until Andrews' late header.

He's probably not worded it very well, but he's certainly not talking "shite" about their lead. Perhaps about the sending off, which IIRC was their best striker, and not their captain.

I thought this brora 'didn't play and wanted to stay down' theory would grow over time. Anyone who went to both legs could see that there was no way Brora were holding anything back. One ill advised comment from someone not on the park has spawned some amount of pish posted on different forums.

There is an argument to be made to the players available in the second leg not being the best but the size of brora's squad and other commitments of part time players rather than more fanciful notions would be the reason.

Tbf, stuff from their chairman, financier, etc. about SFA and saying they didn't want to go up clearly wasn't just mind games.

I don't believe they wanted to lose. Players missing the playoffs to go on holiday or attend birthday parties - leaving the bench with youths, crocks and empty seats - led to people assuming that particular storyline, IMO.

Brora didn't "down tools" at all in that game. They were never "ahead" in the game at Links Park. Their "captain" was not sent off (another player was).

stop talking shite.

Montrose out until the 76th minute as behind 2-1 on aggregate. Steven McKay was the brora captain. Steven McKay was the guy sent off. There was only one steven McKay on the field that day.

Anyone who went to both legs could see that there was no way Brora were holding anything back. One ill advised comment from someone not on the park has spawned some amount of pish posted on different forums.

I don't believe they wanted to lose. Players missing the playoffs to go on holiday or attend birthday parties - leaving the bench with youths, crocks and empty seats - led to people assuming that particular storyline, IMO.

These would be the same types that said that Elgin wanted to get relegated and get back to the HL. Baw's definitely burst on that one. 

Archived