Remember going there in the mid 2000's (2006 maybe?) when we played Edinburgh City in one of the cups, it was a horrendous place to watch football. I think we won 1-0 that day but it was awful, truly awful.

If they come up, then fair play to them. Having a quick look through their team, other than Joe Mbu, Nico Gibson & Dean Carse every other player has either come from their youth set up or the junior ranks which is certainly a rarity these days.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we had a great night at the concrete lavvypan in 2009/10- an otherwise awful season with a good cup run.

we won 3-1 in front of a crowd of over 1,000 (Hibs awaited the winners at Easter Road) and it wasn't too bad. Edinurgh had their rvenege in 2012 at Links Park- mercifully, I was in Bosnia.

better that and a night out in Edinburgh afterwards IMO. Anyone going to the game for the actual football these days is doing it wrong.

we had a great night at the concrete lavvypan in 2009/10- an otherwise awful season with a good cup run.

we won 3-1 in front of a crowd of over 1,000 (Hibs awaited the winners at Easter Road) and it wasn't too bad. Edinurgh had their rvenege in 2012 at Links Park- mercifully, I was in Bosnia.

better that and a night out in Edinburgh afterwards IMO. Anyone going to the game for the actual football these days is doing it wrong.

Inverurie night out > Edinburgh night out.

Clearly never been out in Inverurie. ^^^

^^^ clearly on the wind up and not been out in inverurie - pleasant place though it is, there's naff all to do after 6pm apart from the boozers, and they're a very mixed bag.

That Brora poster has been quiet of late.

B'JESUS

^^^ clearly on the wind up and not been out in inverurie - pleasant place though it is, there's naff all to do after 6pm apart from the boozers, and they're a very mixed bag.

B'JESUS

I've been out in Inverurie, best away day I've ever had, last train home, if you really wanted to could easily fire through to Aberdeen after 6/7pm too.

Inverurie > Edinburgh. ;)

Eta: 2nd point is very true and very pleasing. Bejesus.

^^^ clearly on the wind up and not been out in inverurie - pleasant place though it is, there's naff all to do after 6pm apart from the boozers, and they're a very mixed bag.

B'JESUS

I think he only gets to the library once a month.

If Cove play at Harlaw next season in the SPFL, will they play their home matches on Friday and Sundays to avoid a clash with Inverurie LW? Or do SPFL matches take priority?

Priority.

See e.g.: Broadwood.

Whether it was Thistle back in the day or Edinburgh City this season in the Challenge Cup, Meadowbank has always been a shite venue to watch a game at this level ( just as bad as Hampden) Edinburgh however has been and always will be a great day on the sesh.

The sesh wins...'mon the City!

Archived