east fife v Berwick Rangers

That was f*cking brilliant, best ive seen east Fife play in my time at bayview(3years). We closed down so well, sometimes even 3 on 1. Fash ripped the Berwick defence apart and Wilson had to come off because fash was bullying him! Finn Graham who I thought looked good for us in pre season was no where to be seen the whole game and I'm sure he was playing in a number 10 role when Henderson and lavery were up front. 4231 formation worked brilliant with wilkie behind fash and Smith out on the left. Thought young 18 year old Jason Kerr was excellent today, don't think Henderson won a header. Kyle Wilkie was my man of the match, 2 great goald and I'm sure one assist? Wee man ran the show and will be a big loss to Berwick. Roll in Saturday against Elgin. Mon the fife

2 Assists, he assisted first two I'm sure.

I thought it was a solid performance similar to the one's against Sons/Bairns when we didn't have the ball.

Missed the singing at the game today but if we score 5 goals without singing I'm happy to not breathe.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only surprise was that it was only 5, we hit the woodwork twice, one ruled out for offside, and 2or3 easy chances missed. I expected a reaction after last week but nothing on that scale. Berwicks number 5 looked way out of his depth and Fash made a fool of him the whole 70 minutes he was on the park. Some great goals and great performances I made Pat Slatery man of the match his work rate was unreal. That system much better than the 442 last week as it allowed us to play our pressing game like we did in the games against the championship teams. Now we know that is the standard we can reach the hard thing will be consistency. Berwick looked a shadow of the team that performed so well at Bayview last season.

Honestly don't think Berwick were as bad as they're fans are making out, I just think that we were SOOOOO good we just made them look bang average

I actually thought they improved in the second half with Banjo really coming into a game , if he had played like that in the first half we might not have scored three goals, it did look like he got a bit if an arsekicking at halftime, but he obviously listened. No I really don't think that Berwick were that bad, I honestly think we were just too good!!!

It will only be the third League game of the season against Elgin next week but already it could be a six pointer, if they win they go 6 points ahead of us, if we win, we could go top, but we really have to start taking our chances, we hit the woodwork three times today, had one disallowed, had Fash miss an open goal and Naysmith's free kick should have hit the back of the net!!!

#notgoodenough

Honestly don't think Berwick were as bad as they're fans are making out, I just think that we were SOOOOO good we just made them look bang average

I actually thought they improved in the second half with Banjo really coming into a game , if he had played like that in the first half we might not have scored three goals, it did look like he got a bit if an arsekicking at halftime, but he obviously listened. No I really don't think that Berwick were that bad, I honestly think we were just too good!!!

It will only be the third League game of the season against Elgin next week but already it could be a six pointer, if they win they go 6 points ahead of us, if we win, we could go top, but we really have to start taking our chances, we hit the woodwork three times today, had one disallowed, had Fash miss an open goal and Naysmith's free kick should have hit the back of the net!!!

#notgoodenough

It's true that East Fife barely let us play any football and put pressure on straight away. It wasn't for any lack of effort on our part. The weaker parts of our team were ruthlessly exposed though.

East Fife looked far better than anyone we have faced so far and that includes Alloa and St Mirren. I would be amazed if there's a better team in the league than what I saw yesterday.

I would be amazed if there's a better team in the league than what I saw yesterday.

Some people said that about Arbroath last Season, and look what happened to them.

Wasn't there, but I guess our team selection left a gaping hole in midfield, exposing a weak centre-half. Finn plays too far forward, and Banjos instinct is more to attack than defend.

I understand the gaffer's decision to largely stick with a winning side, but there will be changes next week, I think.

He needs to get a loanee in at centre-half immediately, and should encourage Notman to take extra medication. If he doesn't, he us only writing his own Dear Brian letter.

Meanwhile, how did Ross Graham do when he came on? (in very difficult circumstances!)

No one getting carried away after yesterday but if we do the same to Elgin then just maybe! ;-)

Poor Daniel doing the commentary had a worse day than the Berwick centre half! Kept referring to them as Forfar (strip colour confused him) & by the end of the game was having what we will forever now call a 'Berwick'

Thought Colin Cameron was brutally honest after the game but next week at Stirling is huge game for them already.

Coultress shouldn't have been dropped IMO - it was a silly decision to remove a player, who while hadn't really impressed in the last couple, was always going to add a bit more strength and protection for our defence.

Banjo was fine, but it was how far forward Graham was being played that allowed EF to bypass our midfield time and again IMO. The biggest problem undoubtedly was at the back. If I were Cameron I'd have replicated the 4-2-3-1 that we played away at St Mirren - it was obvious for me that it was always going to be a tough game and we should really be setting up to acknowledge that. I thought Beveridge had his first disappointing game for us, but as East Fife fans have said, Wilson was absolutely out of his depth - Austin did well to recognise it. It wasn't exactly pretty, but they'd literally hoof it at him and let Austin do the rest in the first half. Worth remembering Wilson is still very young and inexperienced, but that's what makes it all the more bewildering when Cameron talks about signing CMs or Strikers. It's quite plainly obvious we need a more experienced partner in there with Jonny imo.

As has been said, it wasn't really a lack of effort that killed us. Tbh, played our best stuff with 10 men. I jut think tactically we got it all wrong, and East Fife had the best day they've probably had under Naysmith.

League form is a much better guide than the two cup performances. We huffed and puffed past Montrose, (granted they had a great result against Arbroath yesterday) and capitulated against East Fife. We have two weeks to bring in at least two players, another centre defender and a striker. If we fail to add to the current squad, Cameron will be gone after the first round of fixtures.

Acc canny believe the score yesterday, thought it was a joke at first when a checked it, gutted to miss it, East Fife has never been this good before, thought it would be the same old defeat, way better than last season we'll defo win the league if we continue this home and away

League form is a much better guide than the two cup performances. We huffed and puffed past Montrose, (granted they had a great result against Arbroath yesterday) and capitulated against East Fife. We have two weeks to bring in at least two players, another centre defender and a striker. If we fail to add to the current squad, Cameron will be gone after the first round of fixtures.

Think a defender has the priority right now, I still maintain that Lavery+Henderson is a great attacking line for L2. Whether there's financial room for an extrap layer remains to be seen, but it would probably be cheaper than sacking CC.

I'm happy with Henderson and Lavery too now on the evidence so far. I was wary about keeping after Lavery post-January last season, but he seems to be back to what he can be in terms of attitude on the pitch. Him and Henderson complement each other perfectly.

Centre back and a holding midfielder would have to be priority for me.

Calling for the Manager's head two games in, different name (Tesco) same old message

Don't see anyone calling for Cameron's head on this thread.

Simple fact is that he will be gone after 8 or 9 league games if he doesn't get it right. He knows that and has said so himself.

He's made some commendable signings and crucially changed the culture, but he knows as well as the rest of us that if he doesn't plug the obvious gaps, he's in trouble.

I think we'll see a different selection, performance and result next Saturday.

Away from the game, do East Fife fans not get annoyed by the shite goal music, awful 1920s style song as the players come out, and that woman on the tannoy with the type of voice that makes you want to cover your ears? Even the woman in the pie hut was laughing as she gave the home fans a school teacher style dressing down before the game.

Away from the game, do East Fife fans not get annoyed by the shite goal music, awful 1920s style song as the players come out, and that woman on the tannoy with the type of voice that makes you want to cover your ears? Even the woman in the pie hut was laughing as she gave the home fans a school teacher style dressing down before the game.

I'll have shite goal music as long as it's played plenty times. Telstar is from the 60's. And Caroline is a legend, so nae luck champ.

Archived