east fife v Berwick Rangers

Agree with all, we were fantastic pre season and in both cup matches and I think everyone was shocked how bad Fife were on saturday.

We will bounce back and hit 3 against Berwick agree with Scorers Austin and Smith but wouldn't mind seeing Wilkie hitting one.

Then when we win we can blame the 4g park and go through this leAgue

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is getting a wee bit too positive; Berwick might've played Montrose, but that doesn't devalue the win. One must also consider the fact that we finished level with the team you played last weekend.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be shocked to find East Fife above us in the standings at the end of the season, but this week should bring us a closely contested match.

I reckon the result will be a close one, Fife are one of the favourites to be battling at the top right enough. The battling mentality and atmosphere at Berwick has absolutely transformed from last season though, the players all seem to be buzzing.

I'm gonna go with score draw.

To be honest I cant see us doing too well against a Berwick side who know how to score goals as seen from last season. Saturday was brutal and I didn't see any leaders when we needed it most. Mix that with Naysmith's poor decision making and it means were in for another long season.

Big changes in our line-up since we won 3 matches at New Bayview last season. Assuming McKenna is fit, Saturday's starting eleven is likely to feature 8 players who were'nt at the club in 14/15, with only Fairbairn, Henderson and Lavery remaining from that squad. Tough one to call. Kevin Smith was very close to signing for us in the summer and if i was a betting man i'd wager that he'll be at Shielfield next season. On Saturday though, the challenge for our back four will be keeping him and Nathan Austin quiet. I'd settle for a point, followed by a rare win at Forthbank the following week.

I would find it extremely hard to make any prediction on the outcome of this game. Before last week we had looked like a decent well drilled unit. We were willing to do the ugly side of the game and really worked hard against, Raith, Falkirk, and Dumbarton. However as football has a habit of doing when you have a game you think you should win it never turns out that way. The tables were turned last week as the Shire did everything we had done in our 3 previous games. They worked their socks of to a man and won every first and second ball. They allowed us a lot of possession but in all honesty we never looked like troubling them. In the 3 games before last week we had a 5 man midfield and hit on the break this seems to be the system that the players we have signed look most comfortable with. The reason being we have no natural width as we don't have any wingers on the books. This is no surprise as last season we had two signed wingers but neither played very much. I don't think Gary Naysmith likes wide players in his team. We tried a 442 last week but it never looked on as there was no width in the team at all. I don't know what we will try tomorrow but we need to be a hell of a lot more street wise and be prepared to fight our corner and get back to doing the ugly stuff to allow you the right to win a game of football.

Archived