The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you are saying he came on and ran about. This changing the game?

Read what I said, it's not difficult.

But yes McNamara putting on Erskine and Murray changed the game. United were posted missing in the final third until they 2 came on, United looked much more dangerous when going forward and created so much more after their introduction. I think it would be fair to say Erskines contribution made the bigger difference but Murray definitely played a part.

Like I said he was praised by the pundits last night and by the majority of United fans in the work today so I'm not sure why he's being slaughtered. He made one big f**k up but if that shot crashes in off the bar he's a hero. Small margins.

With Bryan Deasley at Lochee it's the same kind of quality. Loads of endeavour and pace, but not enough quality.

He's really an uglier (much), less skilful version of Bryan Deasley or Leighton McIntosh.

It isn't small margins at all. People aren't judging him on single moments, like you seem to want to boil it down to - if his shot had gone in my opinion wouldn't have changed.

And thats fair enough.

I never said it wasnt, just saying in my opinion its not fair to write him off after 71 minutes of competetive football for United, in his first season full time, after 1 season of being in the senior game.

Brilliant from McPake at the end. Gutted I couldn't make it, but the sight of loads of American tourists looking stunned as I gave it a "ya fucking dancer" in an Edinburgh pub more than made up for it.

Don't remember the last time we got anything from a game after being 2 down. Anyone know?

Also, fat Gary Harkins

post-44604-14394076023606_thumb.jpg

Brilliant from McPake at the end. Gutted I couldn't make it, but the sight of loads of American tourists looking stunned as I gave it a "ya fucking dancer" in an Edinburgh pub more than made up for it.

Don't remember the last time we got anything from a game after being 2 down. Anyone know?

Also, fat Gary Harkins

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1439407598.924136.jpg

Hibs away in 2004 when we were 4-1 down I think. Will double check but nothing else springs to mind.

Hibs away in 2004 when we were 4-1 down I think. Will double check but nothing else springs to mind.

ICT Challenge Cup Final at McDiarmid was the first time I'd heard it getting sung.

Doh! I left at 2-0 that day and was in the 208 when we equalized before persuading a nice steward to let me back in in time for Fozzy's winner.

I had a fiver on 3-2 to us that day. I was probably the only Dee in the ground hoping we didn't score again.

I've got a couple of Livi supporting mates - on this as well in fact - but they cannot stand Sparky. Ever since he was spotted in the away end of Almondvale our first time there after he signed on loan at Hibs, they claim he's a 'traitorous c*nt'. An opinion shared by the majority of fans in their opinion! Too bad he's an absolute hero who couldn't care less.

I wouldn't agree with that entirely. He was great for us and he moved on. It happens. I still like to keep tabs on how he's doing and so do others in my social circle. There's always a group of supporters at every club that love to get wound up over hee haw.

Archived