The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

Few points:

Credit to Dundee for coming back. Stewart's goal was sublime.

Thomson going off was coincidental for me - we were going well at that point. Harkins is better out the two and can at least string a few games together.

You are wrong RE Harkins>Thomson - apart from that, good post.

You are wrong RE Harkins>Thomson - apart from that, good post.

That was Harkins' best game against us - he's been due one. Looks slimmer as well. Obviously the chants aimed at him during the last Derby have motivated him to stay off the calzones. You c***s should thank us for that. He's still not 'glorious' by any fucking stretch, but had a decent game.

Fantastic Derby and great advert for the Scottish game. Great to have a competitive Dundee Derby back! Well done to Dundee and PH for turning the clubs fortunes around. Deserve a lot of credit.

Tell you what, that spittal looks some player. Another United youngster coming through that conveyor belt. Great to see.

Edited by Marooned in Oz

Was going to do player ratings, but perhaps unfair as the team would've qualified as an under-21 side.

Backline looked ok bar being on the verge with some balls in behind, but Dixon is going to cost us goals. Thought he was defensively mediocre/bombscareish throughout, again. Zwick was fine other than the final 30 seconds.

Rankin and Souttar immediately got more involved in the 2nd half and we looked comfortable from there in. Souttar looks like he needs someone giving him regular rockets up the arse to get him involved and on his toes.

Fraser looked fine, but understandably fizzled out. Connolly fine and buzzy, but no end product. Spittal did well when he was involved, and two lovely goals of course. Erskine lively, Telfer ok. Bodul never a target man, and needs to liven up.

Finally, Muirhead must've shat in someone's coffee if he can't get on in front of Murray who looks out of his depth, though The Ginger Lassie's running did help disrupt Dundee's backline to an extent. If/when Bilate gets fit I think we're going to have much better shape and balance.

Clear work in progress. Onwards.

Fair play to the arabs on here, you lads are taking that result well. As fair as I feel a draw was, I would probably be raging on the other end of that.

Agreed. Great to have competitive derbys back. Echo the sentiments of other posters in that we should have been ahead at half time but United played well second half. I thought Rankin was decent but the striker was pish. Hemmings was probably the main failure for us although I havent seen the goals back. Overall a great match and a great advert for Scottish football. See you in a few months you DAB's

Forgot Fundee ratings. Thought that Stewart, Loy and Harkins did well in patches, McGowan did very well when he came on. Great save by Bain at the end, though perhaps could've done more at both goals. Credit to McPake for being quickest to the rebound at the end.

Great save by Bain at the end, though perhaps could've done more at both goals.

That's probably more harsh on Spittal than it is Bain. 2 first class finishes from the boy and hopefully Celtic would prefer him over Stewart come January!

Think I've broke my finger and voice after joining in the Charlie Sheens in The Shed last night. With 10 mins left I was thinking 'this is going to be a long drive home to Glasgow' but Big James made the drive beautiful.

Thought Wee Nicky Ross was our best player again and Low looked v v decent when he came on.

Can we not just play Derbies every week? Some game. Was my wee boys and nephews first Derby and sure one they will remember.

Edited by DEEJANGO

Watch it on TV Deefiant. IMO, he knows where Julen is and what he is doing, doesn't look anything wrong in real time so can't have a go at the ref for that.

Compliance officer........view it!

Jeremy Beadle......wants footage of the dab pitch invasion