The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really is something very 'Hibs' about Dundee and their support.

Lots of words, lots of bravado. F**k all substance.

Hope Utd fucking skelp the c***s.

I think you need to sit down and relax. You won yesterday and you're so upset you're rooting for United! :lol:

Think Julen has Neil McGregor syndrome, just as you're thinking he's having a good game he does something laughably bad. His moment of madness yesterday was when he tried to play a simple pass to McPake, he inadvertently played Hearts almost through on goal. We were lucky not to be punished for it. I also don't fancy him up against strikers with a bit of pace to burn, but he looks well equipped to deal with some of the big haddies in this league.

Agreed but he is young and I recon with first team experience he will be excellent. McPake, however, gave away a stupid penalty and then got sucked in and caught out of position for Hearts second, so really to blame for both goals we did concede yesterday (his positioning for Hearts first good chance was also rank awful - in his mind he thinks he's a sweeper!!). This follows up the last competitive game (the last derby) where his defending for the first (though Letheren should have cleared) was woeful and as for their third it was just laughably bad, running into the middle of the park leaving a huge gapping whole for them to run into and score from. Afraid we can't keep giving goals away because he can't be relied upon to concentrate for 90 mins

Agreed but he is young and I recon with first team experience he will be excellent. McPake, however, gave away a stupid penalty and then got sucked in and caught out of position for Hearts second, so really to blame for both goals we did concede yesterday (his positioning for Hearts first good chance was also rank awful - in his mind he thinks he's a sweeper!!). This follows up the last competitive game (the last derby) where his defending for the first (though Letheren should have cleared) was woeful and as for their third it was just laughably bad, running into the middle of the park leaving a huge gapping whole for them to run into and score from. Afraid we can't keep giving goals away because he can't be relied upon to concentrate for 90 mins

Harsh......but fair. The defence kept a clean sheet last week, so shouldn't have been fucked about with.

An unpredictable derby. Neither side has shown consistency yet (in as much as you can show it in two games). But play like we did for 90 minutes last week and 45 minutes this week and we're definitely in with a chance.

As an aside, does anyone know what the deal is with taking flags into the Fair Play stand? It's not huge (about 5ftx2ft) and I was thinking of tying it to the railings at the front. But if the stewards are see you next Tuesdays, then I'll not bother taking it.

I just can't see us getting 3 points here. If I'm being honest McPake is a 'bombscare'. Big guy, does a lot of good stuff but seems to have a couple of mental moments in every game. Not seen enough of the spaniard but Konrad is also limited. Playing Harkins and Thomson together means you are lacking high energy in the midfield. When you stand on top of them (Hearts second half, United all last season) you can take them right out of the game.

Here's hoping though.

I was gonna accompany a friend to this match, we don't get along to many games thesedays but it's on Sky Sports so I'll just sit at home wie a gin and juice and cheer them on.

It might be orange irn bru in the glass but I'll be hoping for a dark blue victory.

I just can't see us getting 3 points here. If I'm being honest McPake is a 'bombscare'. Big guy, does a lot of good stuff but seems to have a couple of mental moments in every game. Not seen enough of the spaniard but Konrad is also limited. Playing Harkins and Thomson together means you are lacking high energy in the midfield. When you stand on top of them (Hearts second half, United all last season) you can take them right out of the game.

Here's hoping though.

Our team lacks pace and energy as well.

I was gonna accompany a friend to this match, we don't get along to many games thesedays but it's on Sky Sports so I'll just sit at home wie a gin and juice and cheer them on.

It might be orange irn bru in the glass but I'll be hoping for a dark blue victory.

Gin and irn-bru? I can't even fathom what that would taste like.

Gin and juice? What like gin and orange juice?

That's all a bit 1970s isn't it?

Not like a Dee to live in the past but choosing drinks from that era is taking it too far.

Archived