The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

No, he doesn't. This is bullshit. On nights like tonight he does a strength of work, but it happens all too rarely - seems to save it for the big games right enough.

And with all the plaudits he is getting tonight, it's easy to forget that him and Souttar were dominated by the Dundee midfield in the first half.

Nope. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this one though. You are not a fan of his, I am a fan of his we should leave it at that.

And in my own opinion the reason Dundee were overrunning our midfield in the first half was because it was just Souttar and Rankin, the other midfielders should have been helping them out but were often left further up the park leaving Rankin and Souttar exposed.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its absolutely mental that Hartley, who just watched his team come back excellently from 2 nil down in a derby away from home in the last minute will face a 3 match ban for stepping outside his technical area.

Silly rules like that and taking your top off etc are a joke. Basically trying to kill any passion left in football!

When I saw him getting sent off, I presumed he must've ran into a United player or jumped in the stand.

That is pretty pathetic getting sent off for celebrating. That said, he was probably only sent off because of all the Dundee fans that came on the pitch - referee will probably suggest Hartley's actions played a part,

I've noised folk up like f**k in here :lol: but to be honest it was a great game and a great atmosphere, would much rather watch a game like that that any champions league or EPL match. The scenes at the end are what it's all about.

Wha invited this Embra Gadge?

Nope. I suspect we will have to agree to disagree on this one though. You are not a fan of his, I am a fan of his we should leave it at that.

And in my own opinion the reason Dundee were overrunning our midfield in the first half was because it was just Souttar and Rankin, the other midfielders should have been helping them out but were often left further up the park leaving Rankin and Souttar exposed.

I WAS a fan of his, back when he played well week in week out. I remember stating on this forum how his performance against St Mirren in the 4-0 Tannadice win was one of the best midfield performances seen at Tannadice in years.

Most weeks now, he is just a passenger, which is why he has now dropped down the pecking order.

When I saw him getting sent off, I presumed he must've ran into a United player or jumped in the stand.

That is pretty pathetic getting sent off for celebrating. That said, he was probably only sent off because of all the Dundee fans that came on the pitch - referee will probably suggest Hartley's actions played a part,

Possibly but its ridiculous it really is. Of course he is going to be high on emotions and celebrate though. Its not like he antagonised united staff or fans or even ran to Dundee fans he just jumped around fist pumping. If the ref includes that still in his report its mental. Surely the ref will think back and obviously understand.

If not im sure it's a 3 match ban which is ludicrous.

The one thing that shouldn't be overlooked here is how fucking shite James McPake is at his job, and how that Cretinous liability Thomson still plays professional football. Important things to take from this imho.

United didn't get in to the game until Thomson went off.

McGowan, Ranks and Spittal played well, Bodal's not a striker and we shat it. Think we'll be fine this season, the back four still looks shakey to be honest, Dundee were opening the back four up for fun in the first half, but I think that will blossom into a fairly decent back four, add a striker that suits the system and we'll cruise into the top 6.

Dundee are a different team without Thompson, hope he misses the next derby c**t bosses our midfield. Was Loy fit? Boy was breathing out his arose in the first half, he and Hemmings looked pish.

Fucking hate losing 2-2.

Loy looked like he was carrying an injury - Peter Houston said the same on the radio commentary.

Few points:

Credit to Dundee for coming back. Stewart's goal was sublime.

Thomson going off was coincidental for me - we were going well at that point. Harkins is better out the two and can at least string a few games together.

You are wrong RE Harkins>Thomson - apart from that, good post.

You are wrong RE Harkins>Thomson - apart from that, good post.

That was Harkins' best game against us - he's been due one. Looks slimmer as well. Obviously the chants aimed at him during the last Derby have motivated him to stay off the calzones. You c***s should thank us for that. He's still not 'glorious' by any fucking stretch, but had a decent game.

Fantastic Derby and great advert for the Scottish game. Great to have a competitive Dundee Derby back! Well done to Dundee and PH for turning the clubs fortunes around. Deserve a lot of credit.

Tell you what, that spittal looks some player. Another United youngster coming through that conveyor belt. Great to see.

Was going to do player ratings, but perhaps unfair as the team would've qualified as an under-21 side.

Backline looked ok bar being on the verge with some balls in behind, but Dixon is going to cost us goals. Thought he was defensively mediocre/bombscareish throughout, again. Zwick was fine other than the final 30 seconds.

Rankin and Souttar immediately got more involved in the 2nd half and we looked comfortable from there in. Souttar looks like he needs someone giving him regular rockets up the arse to get him involved and on his toes.

Fraser looked fine, but understandably fizzled out. Connolly fine and buzzy, but no end product. Spittal did well when he was involved, and two lovely goals of course. Erskine lively, Telfer ok. Bodul never a target man, and needs to liven up.

Finally, Muirhead must've shat in someone's coffee if he can't get on in front of Murray who looks out of his depth, though The Ginger Lassie's running did help disrupt Dundee's backline to an extent. If/when Bilate gets fit I think we're going to have much better shape and balance.

Clear work in progress. Onwards.

Fair play to the arabs on here, you lads are taking that result well. As fair as I feel a draw was, I would probably be raging on the other end of that.

Agreed. Great to have competitive derbys back. Echo the sentiments of other posters in that we should have been ahead at half time but United played well second half. I thought Rankin was decent but the striker was pish. Hemmings was probably the main failure for us although I havent seen the goals back. Overall a great match and a great advert for Scottish football. See you in a few months you DAB's

Archived