The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

Should get a few quid for him. Bain as well probably. You've done well with those two.

Probably £1million for both. Would be happy with that. Think we will have Bain longer than we have Stewart though; he'll go far.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate I was with in the Shed has a burst lip and an older guy came from the back row down to the front, his jeans were ripped to shreds and covered in blood. Worth it.

I've just finished watching the game since recording - interested to see how Greg and Kane are doing.

Excellent game and some decent quality on show. Stewart doesn't surprise me in the slightest - technically the best player I've seen with Cowden. Would have moved on sooner had he not been made of chocolate. Seems to have got over injury troubles though. Outstanding goal and was very good throughout.

Hemmings seemed a bit off the pace but with the right service, he'll do well.

So now that I have time to reflect on tonight a few comments on the game...

Dundee are a really decent side with some great attacking quality but they still look suspect in the middle of their defence (and Bain is priceless in covering for some of their errors). Play like that most games and you will cruise into the top six easily. Is there a chance that Stewart might be snapped up? Probably not right now but there is no doubt he is a top, top player.

As for us, we played some good football at times (both sides did) but we also fell out of the game badly just like the Aberdeen match. Thought the back four were very solid again with McGowan the stand out, he was brilliant. The midfield were decent enough but Souttar again had a very quiet game (although he did a bit more in the second half). I like Fraser but he was a bit caught out tonight with the occasion. Rankin was outstanding, and if people cannot see what he brings to the team in games like this they don't know what they are talking about. Yes he doesn't produce the same level of performance every week but I would have him there every game, he does so much work that goes unnoticed and allows the other midfielders the chance to play.

In the forward areas I felt Connolly was lively but he is the type of player who might lack that cutting edge. He gets away from players but then loses possession, or he gets into a great position but makes a poor choice of pass. Spittal on the other hand was a revelation. I will be honest and say that I thought he wouldn't amount to much given his performances last season but he is winning me over. Confidence on the ball, the ability to challenge well physically and a great touch on him. He is improving every week. Bodul is not a lone striker but played well when he moved a little deeper. Murray is not a great footballer but makes things difficult for defenders and changed the dynamic of the game when he was on the pitch.

Finally, my earlier sentiment is valid. What a game, what a derby, more of the same please!

Feel free to f**k off anytime you like then, you tedious little irrelevance.

it's been a long night for you pal, have a sleep on it and come back in the morning. Emotions are bound to be running high after tonight it's understandable.

it's been a long night for you pal, have a sleep on it and come back in the morning. Emotions are bound to be running high after tonight it's understandable.

Nah, you'll still be a tedious c**t in the morning.

Well done on the "not spending your life on here" thing, by the way

Dundee are a really decent side with some great attacking quality but they still look suspect in the middle of their defence (and Bain is priceless in covering for some of their errors). Play like that most games and you will cruise into the top six easily. Is there a chance that Stewart might be snapped up? Probably not right now but there is no doubt he is a top, top player.

As for us, we played some good football at times (both sides did) but we also fell out of the game badly just like the Aberdeen match. Thought the back four were very solid again with McGowan the stand out, he was brilliant. The midfield were decent enough but Souttar again had a very quiet game (although he did a bit more in the second half). I like Fraser but he was a bit caught out tonight with the occasion. Rankin was outstanding, and if people cannot see what he brings to the team in games like this they don't know what they are talking about. Yes he doesn't produce the same level of performance every week but I would have him there every game, he does so much work that goes unnoticed and allows the other midfielders the chance to play.

In the forward areas I felt Connolly was lively but he is the type of player who might lack that cutting edge. He gets away from players but then loses possession, or he gets into a great position but makes a poor choice of pass. Spittal on the other hand was a revelation. I will be honest and say that I thought he wouldn't amount to much given his performances last season but he is winning me over. Confidence on the ball, the ability to challenge well physically and a great touch on him. He is improving every week. Bodul is not a lone striker but played well when he moved a little deeper. Murray is not a great footballer but makes things difficult for defenders and changed the dynamic of the game when he was on the pitch.

Finally, my earlier sentiment is valid. What a game, what a derby, more of the same please!

Eh would gie this a greenie but I've run oot.

Well said. I hope you turned off at minute 81 on your rewatch!

Please tell me this is a PnB poster!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-lmgVZnA5qwnxT_0o8YYbA

No even bothered about the result now!

OYF.....

We fucking ragdolled Utd first half, but you really need to take your chances. Rinse and repeat from Saturday and Hartley needs to sort it fucking pronto. Again, in Saturdays scenes, as much as we ragdolled Utd first half, they returned the favour with interest and took 2 goals well - I've not seen the highlights apart from fucking pavarottis efforts above but Spittals first looked class - I missed the 2nd - official story away for a pish - actual story sitting (for the first time in the match) head in hands fucking gutted.

My old boy left at 2-0 in a fucking emotional, seething mess.

Then Greg Stewart does what he does best - I celebrated but my first comment after it calmed down - "It's the hope that kills you"

After that I can only assume someone slipped me some acid Utd had their standard chance for the 3rd goal but Bain made a save that looked incredible from 100 yards away and we broke up and scored - I only found it was James McPake in the boozer. I ended up on my arse. When I got to my feet I looked around for my bro and best pal - they were 4 and 6 rows back respectively. My mates sister was 8 rows back in the appropriate row.

I'm now sitting in Kirkton, my phone is gone, I'm £40 lighter, I drank 2 venoms (£6.50 in the fairmuir - fucking bargain), my ankle is bigger than it was after Killie, I have to walk back up to the Fairmuir at 5:30AM to get my car to go to work but I have no alarm as my phone is gone and to be honest I really need to go to hospital rather than a 20 minute uphill jaunt on this ankle. You can say what you like but no-one does #scenes like the Dees.

I've not read the comments above but I can fucking call it - Hearts fans - GTFO of here lads - we were due that after the Shadenfreude of Saturday.

As for the Arabs - a lot of them are deluded but those who braved the boozer post match were fair in their analysis.

What a game. What a fucking city.

Archived