The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

Obviously gutting to lose a 2-0 lead in any circumstances but what a cracking game with a few great goals.

More seething with Dundee's first than the second - everyone knows what Stewart wants to do in that position yet Dixon rolled out the red carpet for him to cut inside and shoot. Schoolboy stuff. After that, our lack of experience showed in failing to see the game out as Aberdeen did against us recently.

We looked much more dangerous with Erskine and Murray on. The save from Murray's effort was the best I've seen in some time.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Ranks and Mcgowan were our best players tonight. Maybe some of the clowns on here might get off Ranks back for a change. Boy was hammering into tackles all over the park and i lost count of how many interceptions he made

The problem is, he doesn't do it in the vast majority of games.

I remember saying at a game versus Celtic at Tannadice last season, that he had pissed me off BECAUSE he was excellent, and therefore what the fcuk had he been doing in every game before?!

Hamilton next - will he be hammering into tackles all over the park there? We'll wait and see.

Cracking Derby. The famous game of two halves. Dundee dominated without scoring in the first half. For the second United changed shape to improve considerably and a nice bit of skill from Spittal followed by a superb defence splitting pass and lo and behold we are two down. wtf.

A sublime left peg from Stewart and the calculated endeavour of McPake up front finally let justice prevail.

A proper Derby. Even the ref wasn't completely hopeless although I felt he was marginally tangerine, but then I would.

For the season The Dee must score when they are on top, and for Utd they have some cracking young boys that will develop into quality players.

Bring on the next one.

Aye, you're right but difficult to assess it that way when you've conceded an equaliser with the last kick of the ball. Reminded me of the 2-2 game at Dens years ago when your Polish boy scored in the last minute. Horrible when you're on the end of that.

Stewart was excellent for you guys. Very good player, and he'll play at a higher level, no doubt. Thought McGowan and Rankin were outstanding for us, and Spittal was 10/10 in the second half. Proving me wrong anyway. Bodul looks like a decent player but never a lone striker.

We're a young team, bit more experience and we would have seen that out. A few naive decisions from us near the end.

I also thought of the Adamcyzk equaliser game on the way home tonight. Same result, same level of last gasp drama in Dundee's favour.

One thing United do very well is make young prospects into great players and there was plenty evidence of that process taking shape again tonight. Spittal in particular was top class, and made me feel affy old. The wee c**t looks about fucking 13. Stepped up to the mark in fine style tonight, the boy will go far.

The two teams looked as evenly matched tonight as they have in a lot of years. Wearing Dark Blue blinkers as I do, I thought Dundee might have been the slightly better team over the piece, but all in all it was pretty fucking tight.

Ken what, I had tonight's game on my goal rush coupon. I might be rich here. Away to check the English results.

I also thought of the Adamcyzk equaliser game on the way home tonight. Same result, same level of last gasp drama in Dundee's favour.

One thing United do very well is make young prospects into great players and there was plenty evidence of that process taking shape again tonight. Spittal in particular was top class, and made me feel affy old. The wee c**t looks about fucking 13. Stepped up to the mark in fine style tonight, the boy will go far.

The two teams looked as evenly matched tonight as they have in a lot of years. Wearing Dark Blue blinkers as I do, I thought Dundee might have been the slightly better team over the piece, but all in all it was pretty fucking tight.

Ken what, I had tonight's game on my goal rush coupon. I might be rich here. Away to check the English results.

I mind Jim Hamilton scoring a last minute winner for United in a 2-2 victory at Tannadice, epic celebrations that day, vaguely remember dancing about the six yard box.

Take it you were taps aff in that Glasgow boozer?

McGowan, Ranks and Spittal played well, Bodal's not a striker and we shat it. Think we'll be fine this season, the back four still looks shakey to be honest, Dundee were opening the back four up for fun in the first half, but I think that will blossom into a fairly decent back four, add a striker that suits the system and we'll cruise into the top 6.

Dundee are a different team without Thompson, hope he misses the next derby c**t bosses our midfield. Was Loy fit? Boy was breathing out his arose in the first half, he and Hemmings looked pish.

Fucking hate losing 2-2.

I mind Jim Hamilton scoring a last minute winner for United in a 2-2 victory at Tannadice, epic celebrations that day, vaguely remember dancing about the six yard box.

This was my first derby, scenes.

Aye, you're right but difficult to assess it that way when you've conceded an equaliser with the last kick of the ball. Reminded me of the 2-2 game at Dens years ago when your Polish boy scored in the last minute. Horrible when you're on the end of that.

Stewart was excellent for you guys. Very good player, and he'll play at a higher level, no doubt. Thought McGowan and Rankin were outstanding for us, and Spittal was 10/10 in the second half. Proving me wrong anyway. Bodul looks like a decent player but never a lone striker.

We're a young team, bit more experience and we would have seen that out. A few naive decisions from us near the end.

Pretty much my feelings. Obviously to lose that equaliser was nasty, but that was such a great second half. They're a young team, and the lack of experience cost us.

That goal from Greg Stewart though, fucking hell. So good that some guys in the GF Lower near me actually applauded it. They normally don't even applaud when United score.

. Was that not about the time dundee were going through a purple patch against us with their Sara's and the likes. That 1 felt extra good. A 2-2 victory right enough lol

Being in amongst the scenes at the end when we equalised was unreal. That was some game. A draw a fair result for our efforts in the first half. Really need to get better at taking chances when we're on top.

Archived