The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unbelievable.

Should probably have been 2 or 3 up before half time but the story of the season so far is not taking chances (unless the team we're playing is so utterly shit, like Kilmarnock).

We completely fell out of it at 2-0 down but somehow managed to keep it together enough to level it up. Absolute SCENES at the end.

It was absolutely mental.

Few folk seriously injured after that. :lol:

Got to add my tuppence worth after that. Great game for a start. Dundee def had better of first half but again couldn't get the goals they prob deserved. Utd much better after subs as Connolly in particular was anonymous. Game should have been done at 2-0 but the inexperience was there for all to see. Cracking goal from Stewart. Poor from Zwick at equaliser after decent game till that point. Slightly deflated but fair play to ye funsters, prob a fair result. Lets all look forward to dens for next 1. ;-)

:lol: Dundee getting put firmly back in their place by their superiors again, small team with small minded fans, the hibs of Dundee if you will.

You should probably just delete your account, M8.

Well, obvz the Dundee fans are going to be the far happier with that. I said with a few minutes to go, as some Dundee fans started leaving, that I don't understand why they do that - you miss the very best moments when you do, and so it transpired.

I'm fairly content - we're a work in progress, and Spittal is really starting to show what I thought he could.

We threw it away, but then most 99% of the teams in the world crap it when they lose half their lead with ten minutes to go, and Dundee got the lucky break.

After the first half performance I said I'd take a point. We were out played comprehensively for the first 45, but the team dug in which was a much better effort than the Aberdeen game. Lots of positives about that performance,. You can see the young lads have got something about them , and what a great effort from spittal. Quite a few naive mistakes which hopefully they will learn from. We'll see a lot more from bodul - still not match fit but held the ball up well. Fraser did well and had some decent touches. There were good passages of play from United which gives me much more confidence for the rest of the season.

Really entertaining game and great atmosphere.

Best derby in Scotland.

FTD

Guest bernardblack

The one thing that shouldn't be overlooked here is how fucking shite James McPake is at his job, and how that Cretinous liability Thomson still plays professional football. Important things to take from this imho.

Thomson was pretty decent tonight. Dundee looked lost without him

Guest bernardblack

Is there something wrong with the Hearts man?

Needs a bit of a rest imo. (In my opinion)

Surprised he hasn't said that Rankin was terrible, purely because of the Hibs link

I thought Ranks and Mcgowan were our best players tonight. Maybe some of the clowns on here might get off Ranks back for a change. Boy was hammering into tackles all over the park and i lost count of how many interceptions he made

Hard though it is to take late goals like that, you have to admit it was better than good and actually a cracking derby. Dundee were excellent first half, United equally so for most of the second. Plenty blood and guts shit, good football and loads of goalmouth action.

That Scott Bain save just before the equalizer though. Stunning.

Aye, you're right but difficult to assess it that way when you've conceded an equaliser with the last kick of the ball. Reminded me of the 2-2 game at Dens years ago when your Polish boy scored in the last minute. Horrible when you're on the end of that.

Stewart was excellent for you guys. Very good player, and he'll play at a higher level, no doubt. Thought McGowan and Rankin were outstanding for us, and Spittal was 10/10 in the second half. Proving me wrong anyway. Bodul looks like a decent player but never a lone striker.

We're a young team, bit more experience and we would have seen that out. A few naive decisions from us near the end.

Thomson was pretty decent tonight. Dundee looked lost without him

Have to agree here. As soon as he went off the game turned on its head. He controlled the game in the first half.

Can't get over the utter scenes at the end it was complete and utter chaos. I'm pretty sure someone used my shoulders as a springboard.

Great game.

I thought Ranks and Mcgowan were our best players tonight. Maybe some of the clowns on here might get off Ranks back for a change. Boy was hammering into tackles all over the park and i lost count of how many interceptions he made

There was a 10 minute spell when GlassFeet went aff and Rankin totally lifted Utd's performance, starting with a shot that brought a dece save followed by a good pass and a hard tackle. Simple things, but that got Utd going.

Best derby in Scotland - paper hats all round :)

Archived