The Dundee United Derby, Tues 11 Aug 2015

Watched the game in a pub in Partick. The only c**t in the lounge, sitting shouting at the TV and drinking more than a man out on his own on a Tuesday night probably should. One pint got somewhat salty from the tears as Utd banged in two in quick succession.

The already powerful flavour of McCoys Salt & Vineger crisps were bolstered by the sweet taste of hope at Stewart's goal.

The epic muthafuckin' SCENES at the equalizer. f**k sake man. Crisps everywhere. After a dementedly joyful lap of the lounge I burst through into the bar screaming "Yaaassssssssssssss!" and scared the shit out the three old boys staring grimly into their pints. Barmaid who looked like she'd killed before and will likely kill again telt me to can it. Considered a flying clothesline but thought better of it, she's dealt with far dafter c***s than me and looked as if she kent her way round a good suplex. Returned to the lounge for more gleeful shouting and responding to messages from Arabs whose gloating was just a tad premature.Fucking brilliant.

A great Dundee derby which Dundee won 2-2.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing that shouldn't be overlooked here is how fucking shite James McPake is at his job, and how that Cretinous liability Thomson still plays professional football. Important things to take from this imho.

Shut your puss.

Just home

Firstly what a fucking game, well 2bd half

Secondly fair play to the Dundee fans they celebrations were mental

Thirdly how fucking close was Simon Murray to making that 3-1!!! Fucking gutting

I thought first half Dundee controlled it, Uniteds goalkeeper and back 6 were all very good, their front 4 however were utter shite. They let Dundee have far too much time on the ball. Connolly in particular was extremely frustrating.

Was no surprise that United really picked up after the 2 subbies. Murray made them play the ball out quicker resulting in United winning the ball back more often, having 2 up their made space for the midfield players. 2 great goals from Spittal. The game looked pretty much done until an absolute class finish by Stewart, I was right in line with it. Superb goal. Then Murray has THAT chance and moment, absolutely gutted he never got that.

You just knew Dundee would get another chance, then the ball falls to Harkins after a what I think was a poor attempt at a tackle by Telfer, initially thought he was going to score himself, but Zwick who was brilliant all night makes that mistake and it's 2-2. Carnage.

Was a bit of a minter the way they celebrated a draw after the final whistle but understandable. I think a draw was probably the fair result.

Impressed with Nick Ross, Stewart, McGowan (Ryan), Durnan and of course Spittal for his 2 goals.

Great game.

:lol: Just reading back through the thread and Hearts Man has had a complete nightmare. Boy should probably retire from the internet tbh. Delicious.

GIRFUY!!

I'm absolutely raging that Dundee and United drew 2-2 while we're sitting joint top of the league.

Foaming.

The one thing that shouldn't be overlooked here is how fucking shite James McPake is at his job, and how that Cretinous liability Thomson still plays professional football. Important things to take from this imho.

Do you live to hate Hibs and anything Hibs related? You're quite entitled to be like that, but it might be better to get a life.

Plenty hope for the season after that second half display, the kids look raw, but there is talent in the squad, bit of experience and we'd maybe have seen the game out. On the balance of play Dundee deserved a point, feels like a loss with the last kick of the ball though.

Hats off. That was terrific entertainment. Full house, great atmopshere, blood and thunder, some lovely football, an ex-Spider putting in a MOTM performance, a last minute equaliser after being 2-0 down. We should talk our game up far, far more than we do. Absolutely delighted to see wee Blair Spittal putting in such a great performance for United.

Good game I suppose

Hard though it is to take late goals like that, you have to admit it was better than good and actually a cracking derby. Dundee were excellent first half, United equally so for most of the second. Plenty blood and guts shit, good football and loads of goalmouth action.

That Scott Bain save just before the equalizer though. Stunning.

Unbelievable.

Should probably have been 2 or 3 up before half time but the story of the season so far is not taking chances (unless the team we're playing is so utterly shit, like Kilmarnock).

We completely fell out of it at 2-0 down but somehow managed to keep it together enough to level it up. Absolute SCENES at the end.

Archived