Failed Statelet Football 2015/16

New boss at the Oval, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34760782

bit out of the blue this one personally I was hoping for Smicker from H&W but to be honest he perhaps knows the workings of the club a little too well which would put anyone off.. :lol:

Can't say I know too much about Kernaghan but we shall see.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crusaders beat 9 man Glentoran 3-0, but the Glens can consider themselves a bit unlucky not to be on level terms before the second dismissal. Both were for second yellow cards. Ultimately a comfortable win for the Crues, though.

Linfield lose at home again, Cliftonville riding their luck, in my opinion, to win 2-1. Despite my fears, Coleraine romp to a 4-0 win at Warrenpoint.

A last minute goal gives Glenavon all the points at Dungannon, 2-1 to the visitors, probably deserved it over all, but a sore one for the Swifts.

Portadown come back from 2 down at home to Carrick to win 3-2, and with only 10 men, too.

Ballymena make the trek to darkest Fermanagh and return home with a 1-0 win.

So, Crusaders top with 39 points, now 5 in front of Cliftonville who overtake Linfield as a result of yesterday's match. Linfield third with 33, ahead of Coleraine on goal difference.

Fifth are Glenavon on 28 with Glentoran another 5 points further back.

Bottom half: Portadown seventh with 20, two points in front of Ballymena who leapfrogged Ballinamallard, who are ninth with 15 points.

Carrick are tenth, still on 11 points, three in front of Dungannon - these two have still to play their postponed game and Dungannon can't afford to lose that one, scheduled for the 17th - with Warrenpoint still bottom with only 4 points.

The big game next week looks like Glenavon v Linfield. Crusaders are at Warrenpoint, Cliftonville host Ballinamallard and Coleraine entertain Carrick.

Despite winning yesterday, Cliftonville aren't happy - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34826607- "safety concerns".

Tough start for Kernaghan, would never expect to get anything from it but as Jacksgranda points out the game could have turned.

Funny enough the health and safety stuff has been mentioned a few times about Windsor, I was a bit surprised they hosted the international the other night ,nowhere else I suppose.

Tough start for Kernaghan, would never expect to get anything from it but as Jacksgranda points out the game could have turned.

Funny enough the health and safety stuff has been mentioned a few times about Windsor, I was a bit surprised they hosted the international the other night ,nowhere else I suppose.

Shows how much attention I've been paying, first time I've heard it mentioned - despite my regular purchase of the Newsletter!

I thought Cliftonville rode their luck on Saturday but, fair play to them, they are streetwise enough to see out a game like this. My pal from Durham thought it was great value for money and I have to agree. Despite the result it was a cracking game between two committed sides, all topped off by a superb SLF gig at the Ulster Hall that night.

Crusaders supporting mate said the Crues were all over them in the first half, but that the Glens were then all over the Crues for about 15 minutes before the second sending oof and then it was Goddnight, Vienna.

Crusaders supporting mate said the Crues were all over them in the first half, but that the Glens were then all over the Crues for about 15 minutes before the second sending oof and then it was Goddnight, Vienna.

I suppose a second sending oof would be a real game changer! :lol:

League Cup last night - Ards beat Ballinamallard on penalties after 2-2 after extra time. Coleraine won 2-1 at Ballymena, United got a late goal but Coleraine held out for a deserved win. (Even my Ballymena supporting workmate agreed that Coleraine deserved it.) *

Cliftonville win 3-2 against Glentoran at Solitude, the Glens opened the scoring, but were 3-1 down after 65 minutes, conceding all 3 in a 7 minute spell. Glentoran pulled one back from the penalty spot, before goal scorer Curtis Allen was dismissed for a second yellow, which probably scuppered the Glens' chances.

And Warrenpoint Town finally got a win, coming back from a goal down to beat Institute at Drumahoe. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34860996

Whether this gives them a boost in their league games time will tell.

Draw for the semis is on Saturday.

* Trouble after the match http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34873203

Mon Coleraine. Playing some lovely stuff these days and I hope they can lift a trophy, although the league will probably be beyond them. Travelled back with a Coleraine fan on Sunday and we ended up having a few beers in Glasgow. Great lad,

Linfield linked with Roy Carroll.

Just to expand on AFJ's succint summary, Crusaders won 3-1 at Warrenpoint, getting off to a good start with a seventh minute penalty. Cliftonville also won 3-1, beating Ballinamallard at Solitude. The Reds' should have been 1 down after 15 minutes, as United missed a penalty - more accurately Conor Devlin saved it. He messed up for United's goal, but by that time Cliftonville were 3 up.

Coleraine beat Carrick with 2 goals in a couple of minutes round the hour mark, but had to survive a nervy last 10 minutes after Carrick pulled one back at the Coleraine Showgrounds. But 2-1 to Coleraine, and a win's a win!

Glenavon beat Linfield 3-2 at Mourneview, gaining revenge for their 4-3 defeat at Windsor, in what was by all accounts another thriller. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34890734

Dungannon get a welcome point at the Oval, drawing 1-1 with Scumtoran Glentoran. The Swifts took the lead early in the second half, but they should really have been 1 down, Jonathan Swift seeing his first half penalty saved. He spared his blushes by getting the equaliser. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34890966

Portadown get a draw at Ballymena, 1-1.

So, Crusaders still top, and looking good, with 42 points, 5 in front of second placed Cliftonville. Coleraine are now third with 36 points, 3 ahead of fourth placed Linfield. Glenavon are fifth with 31, 7 ahead of sixth placed Glentoran.

Bottom half: Portadown seventh with 21 points, then Ballymena with 19. A 4 point gap to Ballinamallard, with Carrick a further 4 back on 11 points. Dungannon now have 9 points and Warrenpoint are bottom with 4, having lost 11 consecutive league games.

Everybody has played 17 matches, except Carrick and Dungannon, whose outstanding fixture was again postponed this week, and is now due to be played on 17th December, I think.

Next week Crusaders are at home to Ballymena, Cliftonville are away to Carrick - tricky enough, perhaps - and Coleraine are at Ballinamallard on Friday, that won't be easy, either. Interesting games: Portadown v Linfield and Glentoran v Glenavon.

Meanwhile in the League Cup the semi-final draw is Warrenpoint Town v Cliftonville and Ards v Coleraine, first named team at home.

Archived