Milk  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, The DA said:

56 pints a week between the 4 of us.  A pint of that goes in my porridge every morning and another half-pint in my supper cereal.

Want to make something of it?  I've had my porridge, remember....

WTAF? How long does that take you to eat / drink?

4b6880a1fe1e97a673a1e015e7674942.jpg

I don't use milk at all, I can't remember the last time I even used it in a recipe. I also don't eat eggs (obviously have them in things) I find both things pretty odd for humans to eat/ drink

3 hours ago, Adam101 said:

I don't use milk at all, I can't remember the last time I even used it in a recipe. I also don't eat eggs (obviously have them in things) I find both things pretty odd for humans to eat/ drink

I take it you don't eat cheese either? What about meat or fish? 

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

WTAF? How long does that take you to eat / drink?

4b6880a1fe1e97a673a1e015e7674942.jpg

I was thinking of a witty reply when I suddenly remembered my porridge was still sitting on the heat.  Caught it just in time.  Might need some more milk to cool it down though.

4 hours ago, sjc said:

I take it you don't eat cheese either? What about meat or fish? 

Nah I don't really like cheese but again would eat it in stuff. I think it's normal for humans to eat other animals. I really like fish probably more than poultry and meat.

2 hours ago, Adam101 said:

Nah I don't really like cheese but again would eat it in stuff. I think it's normal for humans to eat other animals. I really like fish probably more than poultry and meat.

Do you not eat or drink,  cheese or milk because of how they are "produced"? Understandable in a way but given you eat fish, wouldn't really stand up as an argument..... particularly if you eat prawns!

1 minute ago, sjc said:

Do you not eat or drink,  cheese or milk because of how they are "produced"? Understandable in a way but given you eat fish, wouldn't really stand up as an argument..... particularly if you eat prawns!

Nah I don't like cheese or eggs and if I have a bowl of cereal I don't feel very good. I've never drank tea or coffee with milk because I like them both as strong as possible and again I feel a bit lethargic if I have milk in my coffee and I don't really see the point in 'long' drinks I only drink double espresso and if I want something to drink for a long time I have a tea or a pint or some water. 

I don't like prawns cold and would choose regular fish over shell fish

My dad is 6’ 4” tall and puts this down to him living on a farm and being given unpasteurised, full fat milk by the family who owned the place every days.

I believe it’s actually illegal to sell the stuff now in Scotland.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 11:02, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Was over in Oban a couple of weekends ago and gorged on this. Big creamy milky #scenes. Like the old Gold Top.

CD546AE5-50CD-4792-B8B2-98FFBF93BC7C.jpeg

Aye was braw when I had it on my cereal on the island. 

If it's labelled whole milk then you'll get the full fat experience, usually around 4% fat. The generic shitey supermarket brands are standardised to 3.5% fat.  M&S don't cut it though so of the major retailers if you want a better taste, go for theirs. 

It's lovely in a glass with malibu and ice. 
Genuinely, try it. 

Away you go.

In first year of uni for St Patrick’s day, myself and a Swedish friend mixed half a pint of milk and half a pint of gin. It was fucking rotten. Never again.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Away you go.

In first year of uni for St Patrick’s day, myself and a Swedish friend mixed half a pint of milk and half a pint of gin. It was fucking rotten. Never again.

If you enjoy mini milk ice lollies (when they were good) I can quite comfortably say you will enjoy it. 

Gin and milk sounds absolutely disgusting and you got exactly what you deserved, especially for celebrating St Patrick's day. 

If you enjoy mini milk ice lollies (when they were good) I can quite comfortably say you will enjoy it. 
Gin and milk sounds absolutely disgusting and you got exactly what you deserved, especially for celebrating St Patrick's day. 

You never done the all day party at the Dundee Union for it? You’re missing out.

18 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

You never done the all day party at the Dundee Union for it? You’re missing out.

Can't say I have ever been out for it mate. I no doubt missed out, too old for it now though! 

On 18/05/2019 at 14:02, ICTChris said:

My dad is 6’ 4” tall and puts this down to him living on a farm and being given unpasteurised, full fat milk by the family who owned the place every days.

I believe it’s actually illegal to sell the stuff now in Scotland.

When were beef cattle growth hormones banned over here?

Edited by Tony Ferrino

• 6 months later...

My wife is lactose intolerant so we have lactose free milk for her and blue top milk for my son in the fridge. I always have blue milk, find it a much more satisfying drink than any of the skimmed options. I sometimes drink a big glass of it after the gym.