Milk  

165 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Aye, anyone who drinks reduced fat milk probably doesn't know that their "healthier" option has a lot more sugar in it than regular whole milk.

The sugar is the lactose in milk, unless sugar is added it should be the same per pint unless the dairy are adding sugar (I've heard of this being done with fully skimmed milk) it can create health issues. The problem is the saturated fats or rather lack of it which if you have skimmed milk for breakfast you are more likely to go looking for something to fill that fats gap, craving carbs like grains or sugars later on which in turn can lead to weight gain. Also drinking skimmed milk we are missing out on fat soluble nutrients like vitamin A & E http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/which-milk-right-you

People all over the world have drunk full fat cows milk for centuries without weight issues for most of their lives, yet since WW2 when reduced fat milk was sold as a health food there has been increasing levels of obesity and other health issues due to diet especially in the developed countries, of course there are other factors involved there besides whatever milk you drink, but it would be interesting to see the real science behind it all and also focus on the diary companies have been guilty of one of the greatest food and health cons over the last 25 years in making us believe full fat milk with its saturated fats was bad for us and skimmed milk is much better for our health.

Go full fat and stay thin and healthy. ;)

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/reasons-why-skim-milk-is-a-total-scam/story-fneuzkvr-1226770294417

This and the rest, the internet is full of sites recommending full fat milk over skimmed and give their reasons why.

A couple of days ago with a full fridge and nowhere to park the extra full 4 pints of milk so I left it lengthwise on the 2nd shelf of the fridge. Disaster, next time I opened the fridge and the full plastic bottle landed smack on the floor and burst. In panic quickly picking it up and launching the rapidly emptying bottle at the sink therefore compounded the situation as the bottle of milk seemed to explode on impact with the sink. So apart from wading up to my knees in milk, the kitchen then resembled an alien slaughterhouse with the white stuff all over sink, the window, two work surfaces, the cooker and the wall cupboard doors.

3 days later and from cleaning up the mess, the kitchen doesn't smell that great.

........and yeah I know, I need to get out more. :rolleyes:

Edited by CityDave

• 3 years later...

Recycling is all the rage these days, so instead of starting a new thread, I thought i’d just use this existing one.

How many pints of milk do you get through in a week?

I noticed we were getting through 4 of those larger plastic containers of milk every week. That’s 24 pints. Seems a lot.